Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.0.166 Update Changes?

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
    Since the mpdata is supposed to be stored server-side instead of on client machines, it indicates something shady happening. If they're cheating to max their rank, where else are they cheating?
    The way I understand it from reading the steam forums, the server just stores a backup of you data, so you keep it when you reinstall etc.

Its a nice feature, but the data is still client-side.

Comment

Cleaned up the thread a bit. Please continue to discuss about the changes in the latest patch. Any further arguments that have nothing to do with the thread will get deleted as well as infractions.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

We're up to 1.0.168, and all I've found so far is they've further locked the cfg. Maxfps does nothing at all now. Previously one could at least set it to 0 and uncap fps, now it's either locked at 85-90 or 60 with Vsync.

But the nutsacs don't actually say what is in each little patch. They modify files on our PCs without saying what they're doing. Is it just me or is this a slippery slope?

Either way, this is the first game I've ever played that actually gets worse with each patch. They lock it down further and it takes longer to get into a match with each revision.

Comment

Yeah, it really bothers me that they are not saying what they are doing at all. If something breaks, we don't even know where to begin to look.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I've got a bad feeling bout all of this.

Comment

See, everyone here thought I was being a cynical and paranoid butthole about all of this. But pretty much everything except for mandatory gamepad use from my worst-case scenario post has become a reality.

You're not paranoid if they're really out to screw you. Just observant.

Comment

Yeah, I keep checking "update news" but it never shows me exactly what they changed, even though it clearly patched my game. Ridiculous.

Comment

What could these small updates be?

Comment

Originally posted by ebevan_91
                    What could these small updates be?
                    The only thing I know for sure is they've locked down anything to do with making your FPS better. They keep locking the configuration options more and more.

Comment

I just got finished with some old school COD4.....I would pay ANOTHER $60 if they would release a patch to change my FOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....a man can dream I guess. :/

Comment

Working...
                      X