1.0.166 Update Changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.0.166 Update Changes?

I've been reading that the max_packets line has been disabled in .cfg files and that maxfps has been capped at 85. I'm not at home right now, but has anyone else experienced this?

Raising the framerate to 125 was the only thing that allowed me to play this game, since the FOV is so low it makes me sick...

Why would IW want to kick people in the nuts after taking their lunch money? There are hackers running rampant and they focus on screwing with people prone to simulation sickness and making sure everyone has the same amount of sacnificent lag?

Re: 1.0.166 Update Changes?

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
    I've been reading that the max_packets line has been disabled in .cfg files and that maxfps has been capped at 85. I'm not at home right now, but has anyone else experienced this?

Raising the framerate to 125 was the only thing that allowed me to play this game, since the FOV is so low it makes me sick...

Why would IW want to kick people in the nuts after taking their lunch money? There are hackers running rampant and they focus on screwing with people prone to simulation sickness and making sure everyone has the same amount of sacnificent lag?
    Because IW doesn't care. They wanted a direct console port and are doing everything in their power to make the game that much worse for us.

I had boosted my fps up to 125 and messed around with snaps/packets/etc. for registration, and to think IW would stop me from doing that (for no apparent reason) while letting hackers run rampant is just absurd.

Comment

does the framerate tweak still work?

Comment

Originally posted by wolf106
        If you go to your Config files and put them both as Read Only. It wont change. I think they did this so people couldnt hack the Developer Console Anymore( Im not sure ) But they will never stop us. LOL

But try the Read Only on the config files. it seem to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf106
          If what Expletive Deleted posted is true, then no. Ridiculous that they would cap the FPS under 100.

Comment

Maybe they should cap it at 60 fps just like on consoles...

Comment

They capped it at 85-90. To test, I dropped everything to the lowest settings and put maxfps at 125. Figured with my PC 125 FPS should be attainable...
              But no, Fraps showed it flashing from 85-90 the whole time, just like stock settings.

EDIT: Of course I know to set it to Read Only. The game just goes to default if you try setting it higher than 85.

Not sure if maxpackets was changed, as the .cfg doesn't get edited. The game just ignores an entry higher than 85 for maxfps.

Comment

At least they blocked some hackers/pirates...

Looks like Mr. Prestige 10 lvl 70 can only play for 2 minutes at a time now. Wonder how long that will last?

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                  At least they blocked some hackers/pirates...

Looks like Mr. Prestige 10 lvl 70 can only play for 2 minutes at a time now. Wonder how long that will last?
                  Is that really true? Some of my teammates used the rank hack and I can't wait for them to be busted. Level 70 legit all the way!

Comment

Really? So much commotion over a level 70 cheat? The first thing I did with COD4 was a level 55 hack. Those unlocks are invaluable for a good gameplay and I always took achieving and getting all challenges done as a personal thing, not an e-peen measurement method.

Comment

As an update: maxfps 0 does work. It uncaps your FPS altogether. But there is no real way to have a stable FPS over 85 using maxfps.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                      Really? So much commotion over a level 70 cheat? The first thing I did with COD4 was a level 55 hack. Those unlocks are invaluable for a good gameplay and I always took achieving and getting all challenges done as a personal thing, not an e-peen measurement method.
                      Since the mpdata is supposed to be stored server-side instead of on client machines, it indicates something shady happening. If they're cheating to max their rank, where else are they cheating?

Comment

P90... You make me facepalm.

Comment

Originally posted by '[Expletive Deleted
                          Since the mpdata is supposed to be stored server-side instead of on client machines, it indicates something shady happening. If they're cheating to max their rank, where else are they cheating?
                          Unless they are able to manipulate weapon stats, or outright cheat or glitch, then this 70 rank and prestige hack shouldnt provoke such emotions.

"OMGWTF stats reset!"

Its BF2 all over again, people used to come here with screenshots and videos of people playing on knives/pistols only servers, call EA reps out in cries of agony and despair...

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                          If P90 is anything like it was in COD4, then its fine. I played last night with a P90/UAVjammer/SteadyAim/Claymores setup and I got bitched at, nevermind the fact that it takes me 5 shots to kill someone while they only have to hit me twice with an MP5 or AKSU (+stopping power).

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                            I'm a completionist. I'm trying to unlock all of the attachments for all of the weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
                              Is that really true? Some of my teammates used the rank hack and I can't wait for them to be busted. Level 70 legit all the way!
                              Same, imagine the accomplishment when you reach 70 then go for the prestige's...amazing :P

Comment

Working...
                              X