pc vs console? are you serious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pc vs console? are you serious?

There are, admittedly, some very good console players who could easily take on many PC gamers. However, I still don't see why console players bash PC players for being "noobs who use an easy mouse", because the mouse/keyboard combination immediately raises the skill ceiling/floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
      There are, admittedly, some very good console players who could easily take on many PC gamers. However, I still don't see why console players bash PC players for being "noobs who use an easy mouse", because the mouse/keyboard combination immediately raises the skill ceiling/floor.
      The other point to that argument is that everyone on Xbox uses the controller and everyone on PC uses the mouse/keyboard. They cancel out.

Its like being noobs for using the noobtoob or camping when you have a tube also and know there they are when they are camping. There are tools to counter those.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I still would like to be matched with theses console "people".

Comment

Same, I think it'd be interesting to see how rounds shake out against a console fps player with controller

Comment

Originally posted by Nate556
            Same, I think it'd be interesting to see how rounds shake out against a console fps player with controller
            I know how it would shake out. It would shake out with halfway decent PC players wrecking great console players, and great PC players would absolutely demolish the best of console players. There is just simply no possible way that you can control the sticks as well as a good mouse. They have aim assist for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 LoGoS.^CyN.TV*
              They have aim assist for a reason.
              My point exactly.

Comment

hey i say go ahead and match console players with pc players if everything is technically doable, as long as people have some kind of tag showing whether they are playing on console or on pc, then there wont be any more debating on the issue because we will then know for a fact

Comment

On Quake 3 Arena for Dreamcast, the Dreamcast players, even the ones on dial-up, could compete with the PC players when the DC map pack was released simply because Dreamcast had an official keyboard and mouse (the keyboards were cheap ****, the mouse was cheap too but I only had to replace it once unlike my keyboard which I replaced 4 times from just using it). If Xbox 360 or PS3 supported keyboard and mouse in all FPS games, the chance of the developers taking the time to allow cross platform gaming would be greater, but I would not want cross platform MP. There is still the issue of keyboard and mouse users playing against the controller kiddies (that's right, I went there) and we will most likely end up with a cut down MP experience. That is one of many reason I would rather not have cross platform gaming with Consoles vs PC.

Comment

what if they gave console players more lethal bullets and more health/armor to make it fair vs PC mouse/keyboard players?

Comment

Working...
                    X