• Show
Clear All

• Official Tips Thread!

Post your tips for Modern Warfare 2.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Official Tips Thread!

to kill people using riot shield hip fire them. if that doesn't work run around and knife him :P

Comment

When using the Cold-Blooded perk you are not seen by any types of killstreaks, e.g. harriers, predator missles, choppers etc, so bring along a launcher and take them out with ease

Comment

Originally posted by wolf106
        to kill people using riot shield hip fire them. if that doesn't work run around and knife him :P
        If the guy with riot shield is sprinting or standing - you can shoot there legs and kill them...

If they just went to "bash" you, then you'll have a second or so to side step and kill them...

It takes two "bashes" with a riot shield to kill, unless the person has been shot.

You can also use semtex and lob it at the riot shield, that'll kill them. Or lob a cooked grenade at there side/feet too...

Comment

-Hip fire is more effective than iron sights 90% of the time
          -You can often cancel reload animations by double tapping your change weapon key or sprinting
          -Tactical insertion can be extremely useful for CTF
          -Use a frag grenade rather than semtex. Semtex may be cool (and is useful against riot shields) but it is not nearly as effective as the regular frag.
          -If you are being shot at don't continue running! Swerve to the nearest object and shoot back. So many times I see people thinking they can outrun me, and even if they turn a corner they just get walled.
          -Switch up your kill streaks for the maps/gametype. The predator missile is very effective in domination but not so much in TDM.
          -Learn to use sound! It's extremely easy to wall people without ever seeing them simply because they are running.

Comment

Flash and Stun grenades temporarily disable sentry guns.

Want to take it out fast? Knife it or smash it with the riot shield.

Crunch

Comment

If I am using the cold-blooded perk can the enemy still see me on radar when I am firing my gun? Or do I still need a silencer for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Defekt
                -Hip fire is more effective than iron sights 90% of the time
                ok, how is this true in long range situations? running and gunning and close quarters i agree but if there is some distance, i can't see hipfire being better.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                  If I am using the cold-blooded perk can the enemy still see me on radar when I am firing my gun? Or do I still need a silencer for that?
                  You still need a silencer.

To be fully invisable you need the silencer, cold blooded perk, and ninja perk. Then nothing can see you with any device.

Also, I got an EMP yesterday in a care package and it shuts down all weapon electronics. The other team was mad and wouldnt tell me if it shut down the mini map, but it would be a good idea to have a kit with a gun with good iron sites if that happens

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    ok, how is this true in long range situations? running and gunning and close quarters i agree but if there is some distance, i can't see hipfire being better.
                    In long range you'd be quite surprised. Zoom in and tag them once and then unsight - this is mostly true with smg's, not so much with asssault rifles. Same goes for pistols, if they are tagged then just open sight spam until they go behind cover then zoom in and wait for them to peek.

Basically if you switch between open sight/iron sight enough you'll learn when they're effective, as it's not so much "close quarters = open, long range = zoomed."

I should have clarified it better, as it is more for smg's because you should be zooming in most of the time with assault rifles.

Comment

Tag them? Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                        Tag them? Huh?
                        Yeah, tag them how? You are not one of them aim-assisted console players, I hope? :slap:

Tip: Its pretty easy to shoot down the enemy UAV with the AT-4.

Comment

Tag them? Huh?
                          Tag = when you shoot somebody and they don't die.

I'd make a video but since there's no /record I can't .

Comment

Can you not even use Fraps?

Comment

Can you not even use Fraps?
                              I hardly get solid FPS with all my settings on low, and FRAPs drops me to 20 fps which is completely unplayable (and unwatchable). If I can somehow get it working better I'll make a video.

Comment

Working...
                              X