Re: F-35

Originally posted by zone36
    It tells enough.

And your "noob" comments tell the rest.
    It doesn't. It never does.

Comment

The hitbox on the 35 was, and still is, a huge joke.

Before the patch, 9 times out of 10, the J-10 would own the F-35 almost by default because the J-10 could land missiles hits, whereas the 35 could not. Before 1.5, the only chance you had taking down a J-10 was with guns (against an amatuer pilot) or a lucky missile shot. Now that the patch has leveled the playing field, we're seeing way less J-10 domination.

Sure, there were skilled F-35 pilots, who developed tactics and knew how to engage J-10s with success, but they were super few and far between.
      If you knew what your doing the J-10 was like any other jet, it took me usually 2-3 missiles to take it down, you just have to know the right combination of switching weapons, using the afterburner while firing missiles and knowing the right maneuvers with the F-35 to avoid missiles (No it doesn't involve the noob circle flying, or a simple loop while inverted, when I see people doing that I know they totally suck.) and no the F-35 doesn't have a 100% chance to be hit by missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi
        It doesn't. It never does.
        So what you're implying is you like to suck on ranked servers, but then you own behind the scenes on unranked servers?

I don't think so.

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
        If you knew what your doing the J-10 was like any other jet, it took me usually 2-3 missiles to take it down, you just have to know the right combination of switching weapons, using the afterburner while firing missiles and knowing the right maneuvers with the F-35 to avoid missiles (No it doesn't involve the noob circle flying, or a simple loop while inverted, when I see people doing that I know they totally suck.) and no the F-35 doesn't have a 100% chance to be hit by missiles.
        No, the J-10 was never like the other jets. It was nerfed for a reason.

The turn radius and micro-hitbox gave it a huge advantage in the dogfight. Any casual player could tap burners, turn a tight circle and could not only force every missile off his tail, but also pull out of the locking cone AND reverse roles by out turning the F-35 in a circle or loop fight. The most effective technique to killing J-10s before the latest patch was to come up on their 6 and close distance to within feet while in bomb mode, then unleash guns and missiles, and even that was the result of a distracted/poor J-10 pilot more than anything else.

Defensively, the strato-run trick was all 35 had. Period. The only other move by the F-35, with a J-10 behind it, was to drop flares and start praying. By the same token, a J-10 could even fly straight, hit burners, drop flares and still escape unscathed in most cases.

You are right about 1 thing tho, the F-35 doesn't have a 100% chance of being hit by missiles.

It's more like 97.5%

Comment

You make me want to facepalm, oh well. I can either show you myself, or can get people that will own you in your J-10 using a F-35. Otherwise I can just keep posting to infinity to try to convince you, but you will still blindly believe in your statements.

Comment

Since it's blatantly obvious you're not reading my posts and all you want to do is scream "F-35 owns J-10 forever and always", we can leave it at that.

I'd 1v1 you any day of the week, kid. F-35 or J-10.

Comment

Oh it's on!

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                You make me want to facepalm, oh well. I can either show you myself, or can get people that will own you in your J-10 using a F-35. Otherwise I can just keep posting to infinity to try to convince you, but you will still blindly believe in your statements.
                You dont really know what youre talking about. The only defensive maneuver F35B had was stratorun (two split-S, flare into 800 metres). Trying to outmaneuver the lock of the J10 if a medium-to-abovemedium pilot was flying it usually ended up with a disaster. The only way to kill a J10 was to either do hit and runs or shoot it from the sides while it was flying level. You talk about tactics which are unheard of. Using afterburners while firing the missiles did jack because the reason why the missiles missed was the angles of the hitbox mesh in the rear and the location of the heatsource the missiles aimed for.

As an agressor, using the 85% throttle trick to turn a bit tighter didnt do jack against the J10 because the jet is faster than F35B in tight turns.

In time, when pilots skill matured, the only reasonable thing F35B pilots could do was to survive.

[EDIT] I would spectate that 1 vs 1

Comment

Yea yea yea w/e

<-------------- Xfire info right here

Comment

So what you're implying is you like to suck on ranked servers, but then you own behind the scenes on unranked servers?

I don't think so.
                    Ever heard the concept of playing just for fun? Most of the time I don't play seriously for some stupid points, it's just too easy on random public and gets boring to whore points.

Comment

Ever heard the concept of playing just for fun? Most of the time I don't play seriously for some stupid points, it's just too easy on random public and gets boring to whore points.
                      Ha, sure

In the same way I could play in the World Cup for England, but it's too easy and it gets boring just whoring all the goals.

I like to just mess around in the park

Comment

Playing on unranked servers > playing on ranked ones. The thing is, its incredibly difficult to find a populated, well adminned and lagfree unranked server these days. The quality ones died out back in 2007. Unranked servers for example had flag positions changed, jets changed (on many maps, USMC had one MiG and one F35B on the carrier to balance out for MiG+Su combination, or bombers plain removed and exchanged for fighters). Unranked servers provided infinite replayability with everchanging map setup without installing maps and mods.

As such, they were a lot more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                          The only defensive maneuver F35B had was stratorun (two split-S, flare into 800 metres). Trying to outmaneuver the lock of the J10 if a medium-to-abovemedium pilot was flying it usually ended up with a disaster.
                          Exactly. Pub players with less than 100 hours in jets know this, so it baffles me to see established forum members try to argue this point. We're talking about the bare capabilities of the aircraft, not the individual talents of the pilots.

I fail to see how having fun correlates in any regard to low scoring. If you're playing to win the round and benefit your team, the points come hand in hand with that. Otherwise, your "fun" is d*cking around and wasting server bandwidth.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                          Playing on unranked servers > playing on ranked ones.
                          Agreed, again. Much more talent in general on unranked servers.

Which is even more to my point - if you're actually good on the unranked, the ranked should be a cake walk and you should easily get consistent top scores while pubbing.

Comment

There are very skilled F35 pilots no doubt even before 1.5.
                            But you make 1 mistake when J10 is on you and you are most likely dead.

However, on pubs it is fun to fly F35 cause on most maps J10 spawn in on a capable flag which means you can rape it on the ground

Comment

Working...
                            X