F-35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-35

All I can say is.. WOW.. and sorry in advance to enemy ground forces.

It had been years since I had flown a round in this aircraft (gave up when A2A missiles were originally patched, and made the 35 a joke with regards to dogfighting) and over time, I totally forgot how great it was as an attack platform. I had a blast the other night on Dalian Plant that threw me back to the days when 60-0 scores were routine.

This thing is the CAS pilot's wet dream: awesome throttle response (better than the F-18 even), amazingly stable on gunning runs, and a very quick roll-rate for those off-target maneuvers; fast and nimble when going up for altitude to strato-run back to base, etc.

If only the hitbox were tightened up a bit more.. I'd fly it all day long.

Re: F-35

It's my fave ground attack jet

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
      It's my fave ground attack jet
      Ditto.

Comment

I don't know what to fly anymore... Mainly because my stick is broke so what ever I fly is a coffin for me. But secondly because I know they are not balanced but since the last patch I don't know what's better than what at what as they jumbled it all around. J-10 still the uber dog fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
          J-10 still the uber dog fighter?
          Nope. That's BF2 history.

The turn rate of the J-10 was dumbed down (consequently, it doesn't pull out of a dive so good anymore either, so keep that in mind next time you're flying it), which allows the A2A missiles to actually land hits.

It still boils down to pilot skill (as it should), but at least now, an F-35 has a solid chance at shooting down a J-10 if he can get behind him.

Comment

The J10 was nerfed out of sight in the last patch. With the reduction in it's turn rate, a reduction in lock time for the F35's missiles, and the guns hitreg now being easy mode (see how you can now score hits without having to aim so precisely as before), A J10 with a decent F35 jockey on it's tail is now toast.

Of course the 35's massive hitbox means if a J10 gets on your 6 you still have a problem.

It was fun when the patch first came out watching J10 pilots crashing when they tried to pull out of loops they could previously make with ease, but to be honest that nerf has gone a bit too far (and I've never liked flying the unresponsive J10, even in it's glory days).

Comment

The J10 feels like a lumberwagon with wings sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by TheGothicAngel
                The J10 feels like a lumberwagon with wings sometimes
                Get in the Fantan Q5 in AF then come back and say that. It literally is like flying a bus.

Comment

fly a chopper, problem solved.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by originalkk
                    It was fun when the patch first came out watching J10 pilots crashing when they tried to pull out of loops they could previously make with ease, but to be honest that nerf has gone a bit too far (and I've never liked flying the unresponsive J10, even in it's glory days).
                    I agree, it really feels too sluggish now.. not that I ever really enjoyed flying the J-10 to begin with; in fact, it's always been my least favorite aircraft. When flying it in the past, I used to just stick to taking out enemy air, because it was only ever good at dogfighting, but now that edge has been taken out of the equation.

Don't get me wrong, the J-10 needed to be nerfed, but not to the point of a flying bus.

Comment

Just remember the bombing reticle system. You can bomb from 200-400m and be dead on while the enemy never even saw your jet.

It's amazing! Watch the first couple of minutes of my really old video. Keep in mind I sucked at getting good footage using 30 second FRAPS, no time to hit F9 when in a fight.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkS6BihbDoQ[/media]

Comment

I too like flying the planes, but being a ground pounder is cool too. At least the F35 is now competitive, the days of the Chinese plane WTFpwning is over!

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat
                          I too like flying the planes, but being a ground pounder is cool too. At least the F35 is now competitive, the days of the Chinese plane WTFpwning is over!
                          I already raped the J10 pub noobs before, I can't imagine now.

Comment

F-35 is complete ********. With J-10 you can evade 99% of incoming missiles, but no matter what maneuvers you do with the F-35, the missiles will get you.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi
                              F-35 is complete ********. With J-10 you can evade 99% of incoming missiles, but no matter what maneuvers you do with the F-35, the missiles will get you.
                              So don't get caught with your pants down (Don't let him lock onto you, or get behind you in the first place)

Fly @ 400m flying level but on your side and use CTRL or whatever to look down the way you're banked and search for J10s. When you find one follow him until you get a good MG shot like when he's slowing down for a helicopter or a tank or something and he's not going to notice his health bar go down. So yeah when he starts to slow down hit the afterburner and charge him, if you overshoot then pull up and stay @ 500m for a little while then repeat, but keep in mind he'll go get repairs and that's where you'll finish him.

Comment

Working...
                              X