Why I Bought MW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why I Bought MW2

Just to put it out there if anyone so happens to think that paying "normal" price for the game its here: http://www.superduperclub.net/pcs-act-33337.html
    Imo i will not buy this game even for the sp experience if i want to play a console based game ill just find a friend who has it for 360, now im not ranting on anyone who has purchased MW2, good for u for getting the 60$, but in college i don't have enough to spend much money now, the extra 10$ in today's economy is hard on certain people, especially gamers who lost jobs and such. I never got involved in competition play because clan mates lost interest but it was fun to "test" your skills against someone who is part of the #1 team in competition just to see how you par up with them.

Not just because of no dedicated server that i wont get the game but the death streaks, some of the kill streaks that you can use, matchmaking and wishing your with friends and not players who complain everytime you shoot them, and for the fact of the 10$ increase.

Comment

It is a bit hard to understand you, but the link you have posted says:

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Pc Game)

Availability: In Stock - Ships Immediately. This product is 100% GUARANTEED brand new, factory sealed and original U.S. version.

PCS ACT 33337List Price: $59.99
      TODAY'S SALE: $49.99
      So what is your point?

Comment

My point, is that on the site they are selling it for "normal" price which is 50$ not the 60$

Comment

I remember the days when we were like... "Yo dude... like, we're gonna start a MW2 team and own kids."

But alas, fate hath put against us... matchmaking. So now for BC2?

Comment

BC2 is going to be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
              BC2 is going to be awesome
              BC2 is being made by DICE and is a console port. That by sole definition is made of 80% fail.

Comment

Yes, I made a stink about the dedicated servers issue, and yes, after all that complaining and whining and saying I was going to boycott it, I bought the game. As did many of you. Am I disgusted at myself? And everyone else? Very much so.

I feel like since we all went back on our word in saying that we were going to boycott the game, and not buy it. Just shows IW and Activision, and any other game developer, that we're just as soft as anyone else, we talk up a big game, our bark is bigger than our bite. And I just feel like, by not actually going through with boycotting this game, we probably just screwed ourselves. Because other game developers aren't going to think twice now about NOT having dedicated servers, because even though we all whined and complained and SAID we were going to boycott, we didn't and we all bought the game anyways.

GG gaming community GG.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  BC2 is being made by DICE and is a console port. That by sole definition is made of 80% fail.

But DICE have unlike IW stepped their game up and their community interaction is so much better now than before. Some of the BF2 devs are working on the BF1943 port and the sheer time they're spending on it together with including things like 32 players and joystick support shows that they are at least putting some effort into it. So, yeah, it's a port but it doesn't have to be bad because of that. CoD4 is a blatant port but is still fairly well made for the PC.

So, things are looking bright but we still haven't got a look at BF1943 or BFBC2 for PC, so who knows how things turn out. Will be interesting to get some real PC footage.

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]TC|DarK'
                    Yes, I made a stink about the dedicated servers issue, and yes, after all that complaining and whining and saying I was going to boycott it, I bought the game. As did many of you. Am I disgusted at myself? And everyone else? Very much so.
                    Thats why it generally is stupid to make definite statements like "Over my dead body" or "I will never ever buy this game that I haven't tried yet".
                    Because you know, the game might still be good even though it has lost some features.

I too disliked the way IW handled the PC community, but in the end the game got good reviews, and the spec ops game mode sounded really interesting.
                    So I bought it, and haven't regretted it so far.

If you look at metacritic you will see that a bunch of people jumped in a gave it a 0.0 several days before it was released. People like that often have to much ego and cant afford to admit that the game might not be "Worst Game EVER!" after all. Because then they would have been wrong :cry:

So I don't see any reason why you should feel disgusted for buying the game. Its a rational decision if new info suggest that it is worth buying.

Comment

COD4 may have been a port, but it was perfectly taylored ot suit every need the PC gaming community needed. An extremely scalable engine, exceptional support. The only thing that was missing was CODTV and SDK. Calling it a "blatant port" is an intentional understatement.

DICE has to prove themselves with BC2 to a lot of people.

Comment

indeed, some ports are quite fine if the developer takes the time to understand how the versions should be different

I think Dice will get it right (mostly lol) I just hope that everyone doesn't think its going to be exactly like BF2, or some BF3 style game, because it isn't really.

Comment

I don't know where it was but I would quote Will Wright here who said, and that is the only really important thing for many publishers/developers: "Sales are the most important thing."

They don't care about reviews, bad publicity, forums filled of angryness as long as the sales are high, why should it be different?

Buying the game you said it is ok what they give you for your money and nothing will change that fact.

Comment

I always thought the game would be phenomenal. I had no doubts in my mind this game would be awesome.

It's the way Activison and IW have approached the PC Gaming community and basically shafted us, when we've been their biggest supporters since VCoD.

Comment

Dark', you are too hard on yourself. At least you are not hiding the fact you bought it. You are also a gamer and love gaming. Its hard to go against your very nature.

Chris, you are correct yet again. I said I would not bring it up anymore, but I didnt say I wouldnt comment on others statements. While this game has no lean, BC2 has no prone. DICE has a lot to prove.

Vreki, thats right, you never say never

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

For me with BC2 it won't be the game mechanics at all.
                                It'll be the community I'm after. I believe this is important for all Online PC games and singling everyone out using a very non personal match making system like IWnet really doesn't help the situation at all.

Communites are built on the backs of forums and dedicated servers and most importantly the people. Dividing it all up will kill PC gaming.
                                I'm sure this has been said before however...

Comment

Working...
                                X