MW2 First Impressions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW2 First Impressions:

Ok basically i would like to know your first impressions on the game for those who have actually got into a game, PC or console it doesnt matter but preferably state which you are playing on

I have my copy for console but wont open it until i hear the PC version isnt worth getting, because if it is i will trade it back.

Anyway lets hear your first impressions

Re: MW2 First Impressions:

Well, rumour has it that IWnet is working quite well. Host migration and game finding is quick and effective.

Comment

The only problem im thinking i might find with the PC version of the game is my area. I would much rather have it on the PC but with living in Perth, the most isolated city in the world, i often find it hard to get populated servers.

Comment

I like it, single player is really good, weapons are great and graphics are to die for.
        I really liked the ice climbing in it as well, i am yet to test out multiplayer.
        One of the missions really hits on a cord, you have the option to skip it but i say play it, shows you how evil the person is.

EDIT: Go Perth! (My birth town) XD

Comment

Saw it at a friend of mine, he went to the midnight release and came back with the game. He played the campaign and I gotta say: It's VERY short! Even shorter than the CoD4 singleplayer. It's quite epic though, but it's not like Portal where it was short and sweet.

Online is CoD4 with more weapons, perks, killstreak bonuses. Nothing special there. And I left the CoD4 MP a looong time ago so i'm not going to get into this one.

But if you're a hardcore CoD fan you should definately get it and I doubt you wouldn't get it anyway if you were one! Noy my cup a' tea.

Comment

Like a review said "It isn't a revoultuion, it is an evolution of Cod4".
            You can't really revolutionize on greatness, only improve.
            And that is exactly what MW2 does.

Comment

So does the PC version look better to get even considering my location?

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                I like it, single player is really good, weapons are great and graphics are to die for.
                I really liked the ice climbing in it as well, i am yet to test out multiplayer.
                One of the missions really hits on a cord, you have the option to skip it but i say play it, shows you how evil the person is.

EDIT: Go Perth! (My birth town) XD
                Hows the bandwidth usage? Hows the lag? Are you Playing with Aussies? is it good?

Comment

Thats the thing, what cryptik has asked is pretty important for Australians considering this game relies on people hosting servers as our bandwidth here is charged per usage and it gets drained damn quickly.

Comment

I am very interested in reviews of the multiplayer part too.
                    The spec ops mode interest me, because I have often played WaW with a friend (hosted on my own PC).

I am still pretty annoyed about IW´s attitude, but if the game is good......

Comment

What I don't understand about the MW2 is this ( minor spoilers I think )

[spoil=Spoilers]This man Makarov is fighting his own war and he has no rules. No boundaries. He doesn't flinch at torture, human trafficking or genocide. He's not loyal to a flag or a country or ideals. This man trades blood for money. He's your new best friend.

You don't want to know what it's cost already to put you next to him. It will cost you a piece of yourself. It will cost nothing compared to what you'll save.

Left unexplained: why a single rogue group with no real motivation beyond money (holy **** it's like it's right out of some bad action movie) is able to start gigantic wars, why the CIA would be willing to take part in mass murder of innocents, (hurr they always do, because they're American, watch your Zeitgeist) why they'd send 'PFC Joseph Allen' in to infiltrate when a more well-trained person would probably be better for such a high-stakes task, how the CIA managed to botch the infiltration so badly that they leave him for dead at the very end, or how Activision ever allowed this scene to ship with the game.

Say all you want about GTA, Postal, blah blah, in this game you're given a gun, about a few dozen innocents in a common civilian setting, and literally commanded by the game to start shooting along with the rest of your new best friends, assuming that you're 'mature' enough to 'handle it', missing the point completely. I'm about as desensitized to violence as anyone else here and I find it a little disturbing that this scene is being pushed quietly as some sort of selling point.[/spoil]

Comment

I understand your thoughts and i agree partially but i would rather keep this on first impressions of the game if thats ok

Comment

IGN gives the game a 9.5/10. http://pc.ign.com/articles/104/1043744p1.html

this is despite the fact IGN owns D2D who decided to boycott selling the game due to steam requirement.

Comment

Also are you notified you are now hosting the server?

Comment

Steam forums are reaching the boiling point.
                              The steam version wont activate before the 12th, while the retail is already available.
                              Keep in mind that the retail needs to be registered with steam,so its not a technical issue

Comment

Working...
                              X