Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC2 Facts/Details thread

Originally posted by Tomeis
    I'm not hostile, I just annoys me when people say things like "More does not mean better. I never liked playing 64 player maps in Bf2. I prefered 20-32 players." without using any common sense.

It's fine if you prefer playing with 20-32 people, but you need to remember that you can still do that even if the limit was 50vs50, 100vs100, etc. and also recognize that a lot of people like playing with more people.

If the limit is high, that makes more options available. And anyone who is against more options is a facist. amirite?
    Did I ever say I was against others liking higher amounts of players? or the possibility of such a support for BC2?

I think it is pretty obvious that everything I say is my own opinion and I did nothing but state this. I don't know where your problem is.

I don't wonder anymore why these forums got so empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Kradath
      Did I ever say I was against others liking higher amounts of players? or the possibility of such a support for BC2?

I think it is pretty obvious that everything I say is my own opinion and I did nothing but state this. I don't know where your problem is.

I don't wonder anymore why these forums got so empty.
      "More does not mean better." doesn't sound like an opinion to me.

Comment

When it comes to shear number of players on map, it actually depends on map and mod design. I remember having a blast on some QuakeII maps with just 4-6 player so it all comes to map design. If you have reasonably small map with closely stacked flags in CTF mode (Conquest) than even 6vs6 can be fun. With tanks and other vehicles, maps should be larger.

I would like to see 64 player per map as an option but wouldn't waste resources on making existing maps fit 64 player servers.

For the rest of the story ... so far all I can say is that sound is great if it was not "pumped up" for promotional videos.

Everything else that we saw was game-play with console controller which is absolutely different story from PC perspective.

:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by _X_
          When it comes to shear number of players on map, it actually depends on map and mod design. I remember having a blast on some QuakeII maps with just 4-6 player so it all comes to map design. If you have reasonably small map with closely stacked flags in CTF mode (Conquest) than even 6vs6 can be fun. With tanks and other vehicles, maps should be larger.

I would like to see 64 player per map as an option but wouldn't waste resources on making existing maps fit 64 player servers.

For the rest of the story ... so far all I can say is that sound is great if it was not "pumped up" for promotional videos.

Everything else that we saw was game-play with console controller which is absolutely different story from PC perspective.

:salute:
          I agree. It's fine if they want to base the game around the 32-player mark for BC2, but at least give us the option to increase. The maps in CoD4 weren't designed for 50, but lots of people, including me, love playing on those bigger servers.

Comment

Assault: AEK-971, XM8, F2000, AUG
            AN94, M416, M16

Engineer: 9A91, SCAR, XM8C, AKS74u
            UZI, PP2000, UMP45

Medic: PKM, M249, QJY88, M60
            XM8LMG, MG36, MG3

Recon: M24, QBY88, SV98, SVU
            GOL, VSS, M95

All Kits: M9, M1911, MP443, MP412
            TRCR-4, M93R, M1A1
            870MCS, S20K, SPAS12, T194
            USAS12, NS2000, SPAS15

Assault: Under-barrel Grenade Launcher, Under-barrel Smoke Grenade Launcher, Under-barrel Shotgun
            Ammo Pack

Engineer: Drill, Anti-tank Mine
            RPG-7, M2CG, M136

Medic: Health Pack, Health Pack Upgrade 1, Health Pack Upgrade 2
            Defibrillator

Recon: Sensor 'grenade', Target auto-marker
            C4, Mortar Strike

All Kits: Grenade, Knife

Assault: Red Dot, ACOG, Grip

Engineer: Red Dot, ACOG, Silencer

Medic: Red Dot, ACOG, Stabilizer

Recon: ACOG, 12x Scope, Red Dot

All Kits: Sprint Upgrade, Increased Ammo Capacity, Increased Grenade Capacity, Reduce Damage Taken
            Improved Accuracy, Increased Explosives Damage, Increased Explosives Capacity, Increased Shotgun Accuracy
            Vehicle Sensors, Armor Plating, Increased Vehicle Damage, Increased Shotgun Capacity
            Faster Vehicle Reloads, Vehicle Countermeasure, Improved Vehicle Optics (Zoom), Extra Vehicle Weapon

Comment

is there any kind of voip channel for comms between squads ?

Comment

VSS and MG3, what a game <3

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| Silver.7
                  is there any kind of voip channel for comms between squads ?
                  When I was on earlier the guys in my squad where all using Mics etc, not sure how it works with everything else but I believe it is squad isolated

and yes I want the VSS as well Stalker guns ftw, although I would have to play Recon for that and atm I love the assault kit

edit: oh yes and to anyone worried about the regeneratng health etc, don't be, it works great imo, you don't regenerate like superman and when you are really badly wounded the screen effects make it really disorientating (blur etc)

Comment

Working...
                  X