X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 v 9 Multiplayer? ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Got this from DigitalSpy
    Source

Infinity Ward has confirmed that the PC version of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will only support 18 players compared to the 32 of its predecessors.
    Speaking in a Best Buy Live Chat, IW representative Mackey McCandlish said that nine-versus-nine battles will work best for the game, reports Kotaku.
    McCandlish explained that the cap was also down to "the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, classes, challenges, etc".
    However, one fan immediately responded: "Please explain how a 9v9 match is a multiplayer experience? I'd have more fun serving lunch at a local nursing home."
    The player reduction is unlikely to be well received by the wider PC community, which is still reeling from the decision not to offer dedicated multiplayer servers for the game.
    What the hell is this ****? I mean, I tried to be objective in my article but 9 Players v 9 Players?

Re: 9 v 9 Multiplayer? ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Yeah... it's been knowledge since the BB interview. Check the news.

Comment

That must have slipped through my brain because its so ridiculous.

Comment

Dont beat yourself up Torchwood, your rage probably blinded you as it has many

Your article is still very good and was prior to this information.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

12vs12 would have been better agree but mayby it s not that bad because i m used to play 18 player slots for CSS aswell. and it doest feel empy because the maps arent that big.

Comment

This is depressing. This game had a lot of potential. :shakehead:

Comment

How many of you guys played on low player count tactical HC servers? Those where always my favorite and 9v9 sounds about right. Hopefully the rumor about only one mode (ground war) supporting 9v9.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                How many of you guys played on low player count tactical HC servers? Those where always my favorite and 9v9 sounds about right. Hopefully the rumor about only one mode (ground war) supporting 9v9.
                20 to 28 was always my favorite, so the 9v9 isnt terrible for me, but I would have liked to have seen a 12v12.

I would on hop on a larger one now or again and liked the option.

I think what bothers me about it was the answer given. "We tested it for balance with 9v9, so thats what we did." They keep going on and on about balance. I want a game, not a scale.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  20 to 28 was always my favorite, so the 9v9 isnt terrible for me, but I would have liked to have seen a 12v12.

I would on hop on a larger one now or again and liked the option.

I think what bothers me about it was the answer given. "We tested it for balance with 9v9, so thats what we did." They keep going on and on about balance. I want a game, not a scale.

Crunch
                  Means they need to get more beta testers or a public beta (a demo). I agree a did like jumping into bigger servers to break up the routine. I swear the balancing BS, since when is leaning not balanced. How long did they have leaning in the COD games? I mean it even feels like they nerfed Borderlands to it wouldn't outshine the xbox version, you have to edit the ini files to to enable DX10 and DX10 features which looks incredible (fog, dust, lens flares, etc.) .

Comment

Im just hapy that they dint delayed it . Cant wait to play this sucker

Comment

Really? Your sigs and pic didn't give it away

But yeh, I would've like a larger scale too, but I also enjoyed the classic 6v6 HC S&D.. So I guess I'll have to wait and find out if it's good for me or not..

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                        Really? Your sigs and pic didn't give it away

But yeh, I would've like a larger scale too, but I also enjoyed the classic 6v6 HC S&D.. So I guess I'll have to wait and find out if it's good for me or not..
                        I m all ready to do this thing yes :thumbsup:

Comment

It's not just that 9v9 is the limit... I absolutely detest skill matching unless it is optional (which I doubt it is here) and having no dedicated servers is a fail regardless. Prepare for lag.

I don't mind 9v9 at all, I usually play on 8v8 tops anyway. But there's just so much more to it than that.

Comment

They KEED THEY KEED!!!........not really

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
                              12vs12 would have been better agree but mayby it s not that bad because i m used to play 18 player slots for CSS aswell. and it doest feel empy because the maps arent that big.
                              That's not the point. The point is people should have the option to play on bigger servers if they want, but because IW "want it to be played how they balanced it"/ported it from a console, you can't.

Comment

Working...
                              X