Ahh the Irony of obtaining an early copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh the Irony of obtaining an early copy

Well well it seems that those who illegally obtained MW2 early will be in for a rude awakening hahahahahahahaha :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Re: Ahh the Irony of obtaining an early copy

So does this mean they have control over our stats and they are not locally stored like in CoD4 for the PC?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
      So does this mean they have control over our stats and they are not locally stored like in CoD4 for the PC?
      If it's using Steamworks, this is probably the case. Everything else is being done through their servers, so why not this too.

Also, I think if people are already playing this online, they have bigger problems to worry about than some leaderboard reset.

Comment

We can all learn a lesson from this...don't pirate games...pretty simple stuff.

Comment

Tbh i know talks of piracy here are strictly forbidden and im not going into it, but this is hardly a deterant and a "wake up call". So what if there stats get reset, its not like it takes years like BF2 to get them. From what i have seen you get about 150+ points for a kill anyway :/

Comment

I think its more ironic that the pirate copies of MW2 are Xbox games when IW stated that PC was flooded with pirates.

Comment

They are not all pirated copies some are legal versions shipped pre launch. I have seen pictures of the xbox 360 MW2 edition and the original game disk in someones hands.

Comment

I dont think its that much of an advantage. Just cause they got the game a little earlier, doesn't mean they wont suck. No need to wipe their stats or anything

Comment

Well, that does it!!!! Robert can eat his words now... Stating that PC players are "ALL PIRATES"

Comment

I see shades of BF2 with persistent online ranks and leader boards. Not a bad thing per se

Comment

I just had a friend get console banned yesterday (i believe). Must suck to be that dumb.

Comment

meh, they should all be banned. Simple and sweet, but instead they are providing free publicity for IW.

Comment

Working...
                        X