Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the SAD STATE of the entire battlefield series

Originally posted by jake_
    You silly noob. You are shooting at corridors 3 and 4, but destroying 1 and 2. :wee:
    oops did not watch the video, and have never seen anyone try it so i was trying to figure out why people did it. Now i know. I still thinks its faster to just bum rush 1/2 instead of waiting for some guys to shoot 30 pilum shots to destroy consoles 1/2.

Comment

where did you get 30 shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus
        oops did not watch the video, and have never seen anyone try it so i was trying to figure out why people did it. Now i know. I still thinks its faster to just bum rush 1/2 instead of waiting for some guys to shoot 30 pilum shots to destroy consoles 1/2.
        Are you saying that you're always able to destroy even the most well guarded console corridor? Sometimes it just can't be done (or at least within the time constrains of the round), either that or you are a god at BF2142.

Originally posted by Minmaster
        where did you get 30 shots?
        I think he means for both consoles 1 and 2 combined. It's 14 for each, I think... so 28 would have made more sense.

Comment

There's tons and tons of faults in 2142, but I don't think I could bear it if it ever closed. It was my first FPS that I played, and the first I became good at. When I quit for a bit I went and played comp in games that really supported comp (CSS/CS 1.6/CF...) But I always come back to 2142. I just have so many great memories. I wish there were more interest in this game. I've thought of switching to BF2 countless times, but I know 2142 like the back of my hand, and there's really no point in switching at this point, at least, in my eyes there isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
            Are you saying that you're always able to destroy even the most well guarded console corridor? Sometimes it just can't be done (or at least within the time constrains of the round), either that or you are a god at BF2142.

I think he means for both consoles 1 and 2 combined. It's 14 for each, I think... so 28 would have made more sense.
            well 30 is only off by 2, i thought it was 15 each

when i assault the titan i always go for 1/2 as quick as possible. Sometimes you can't get in there, like against the never ending rain of grenades from 5 support guys. Most of the time if you get there fast enough you will find very few defenders. If i am dying more than i should i will stop assaulting and go after silos or hang out on top of their titan picking them off as they pod on top.

Usually doing something else for a min or 2 is enough to get the corridor campers bored and a few will stop defending making it easier to get the consoles. Some of it could be that i run with clanmates and it makes the corridor assault alot easier when you know someone will revive when you throw that hail mary grenade bank shot to kill all 5 campers in one shot :yay:

I guess i never use the pilum overload because you can still do other things in Titan mode that will allow you to win without destroying their consoles. Maybe if that was the only way to get the consoles i would do it, but it still seems like it would take awhile to accomplish.

Comment

Hmm... never encountered such a hack before, but then i haven't played 2142 in months, but not from the lack of wanting. Being overseas and away from your rig sucks.

True that this game is far from perfect and has its bugs, at least EA managed to iron out the big ones. The small ones i can live with. Everytime a server crashes, that my cue to stand up and take a short break.

And 2142 has had quite a good run (maybe not as good as bf2), probably because of the simplicity of it all. Being set in the future meant they didn't need to constrain themselves in making guns/kits/vehicles that had the capabilities of the modern weapons that exist today. Each army had vehicles that roughly mirrored each other, but not completly homogenised. Comparing the EU and PAC tank is an obvious example. And none of the vehicles were considered OPed compared the other one.(excluding gunships somewhat)

Infantry combat was also very simple, perhaps too simple, with every assault player carrying defibrillators and pk rockets. But map design and how the team fought together, not the weapons the soldiers get, is what made what made it enjoyable to play.

Unlocks/Stats/Teamwork points can be considered a double edged sword and is debateable wherever it made the game fun or annoying, but its undeniable that it gave the game some uniqueness and longevity.

Despite being at its twilight and decreasing support + growing number of hackers trying to ruin it for everyone, can't say 2142 hasn't left its mark in fps history nor the place it holds in many gamer's hearts.

edit:also saying how poor the ENTIRE battlefield series has become on just a 2142 forum is abit much don't you think? If it sucks that much, you can go play a different game, we won't miss you in this series or in any of the newer battlefield ones either.

Comment

Working...
              X