Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so if bf2-BC is to bf3 then bf3 is to ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so if bf2-BC is to bf3 then bf3 is to ???

Originally posted by VoraciousBear
    Well its not the new BF3. Remember they said they would be releasing BF3 probably early next year. If you think BC2 is great wait till you see BF3. Anyways I am real excited for BC2.
    They haven't mentioned a thing about BF3 apart from it is in production (due to the slip of tongue by their management). You certainly will not here anything else until after BC2 and 1943.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
      No its not. The game that started it all, BF1942 didnt have squads and it was immensely popular. In fact, DC didnt have any squads either and that mod is the reason why we have BF2. BF2 squads brought a whole ton of problems to competitive gaming.
      That's why COD is just a shoebox frag-fest and i never really found it to need a squad or use team play in COD.

As for big maps. ArmA has bigger maps than BF2 does, yet its not popular. BF2 has much bigger maps than Karkand, yet they are not played.
      Because Arma is trying to hard to be real and thats what bf2 keeps changing its patches to make it more realistic like prone delay which makes keep boring and very limited.
      also people don't play big maps because they don't want to get rape by jets and deal with armors every few seconds, because no body wants to play AT kit all the time.

You guys seem to be so hung up on BF2 air aspect screwed up, that you would rather have no air, than overpowered air. Has any of you two played POE2 mod? Its basically a "fixed up" BF2, and air is perfectly balanced there. Pilots still get monster kills, but you can easily lock up 25% of the map with just one anti-air vehicle. Point is- BF2 air can easily be fixed and your opinion of BFBC2 and actual *suppport* for no air is exactly the reason why we get 8 maps, less vehicles, but more stats and unlocks. Its also the reason why having 8 maps only means DLC [sic!] *'ka-ching!*.
      That's good cause everyone know that something so strong should have a weak point, which the jets in bf2 has none. AA missles don't lock on until the jet is close enough and by that time the jets already killed you by machine guns or missles by simply flaring your aa away. I've hit so many jets with a AT kit only for it to make no damage or partial damage because bf2 sucks at detecting hits with AT kit. The phrase from Galaga the game doesnt exist to bf2 " instead of shooting where the enemy is shoot at where he is about to go."

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk
        That's why COD is just a shoebox frag-fest and i never really found it to need a squad or use team play in COD.
        And Karkand is different from that... how? Its the same "shoebox fragfest".

Because Arma is trying to hard to be real and thats what bf2 keeps changing its patches to make it more realistic like prone delay which makes keep boring and very limited.
        BF2 isnt being patched to be realistic, BF2 is being patched because weak players prefer to complain on forums, instead of adapting. Strangely, those who only played city maps and infantry, were the most vocal group. BF2 Demo is still in its raw and pure form, with gameplay completely different from what you see in BF2, and people never complain.

The same people who complained about C4 chucking, dolphin diving, "noobtubing" are the same people who complained about "jets being too overpowered".

also people don't play big maps because they don't want to get rape by jets and deal with armors every few seconds, because no body wants to play AT kit all the time.
        Ok. So first you say BF is better than COD because it has big maps and then you turn around and say big maps suck because people are getting raped there. Are you implying on an argument that BF doesnt need any vehicles at all, and that squads and big maps are the only thing Battlefield franchise needs?

That's good cause everyone know that something so strong should have a weak point, which the jets in bf2 has none. AA missles don't lock on until the jet is close enough and by that time the jets already killed you by machine guns or missles by simply flaring your aa away. I've hit so many jets with a AT kit only for it to make no damage or partial damage because bf2 sucks at detecting hits with AT kit. The phrase from Galaga the game doesnt exist to bf2 " instead of shooting where the enemy is shoot at where he is about to go."
        No. Wrong.

The fundamental problem here is the fact that Karkand-junkies just do not want to play in maps where they score 50% less points and where they cant solve engagements by pure nadespam. They cant play maps which flow is unfamiliar to them.

Weve had arguments like this one here since I first registered. It always boils down to score. Being killed by armor and jets on big maps? Thats not an argument. Its easier to evade armor and jets, its never a problem. You die a maximum of 3 times to air vehicles, even if you dont know what youre doing. The problem is, you kill 3 times less in return and most people in BF2 just cant deal with that.

Comment

chris, i agree with some of the things you say there but your last paragraph is totally wrong and full of assumptions. is that a point of view of a jet ace? where do you come up with the arbitrary number 3? and it's never a problem evading them? you made some sense until you totally messed it all up with your horribly put together last paragraph.

though i do agree about it sometimes being all about the score, mainly kills. it's because things are kept in record; all this persistent stat system tracking every little stat there is to track which includes the awards system. sometimes i think BF should abandon all that stat junk, (i even blame majority of hacking to this) and go back to how it was in 1942 and Vietnam. nobody cared about a jet whore going 30:1 or you dying 5 times in a row to a nade spammer. you just moved on as soon as the round ended. but now nobody wants to look at a 0.5 k/d.

too bad the chances of persistent stat tracking going away is 0%.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            chris, i agree with some of the things you say there but your last paragraph is totally wrong and full of assumptions. is that a point of view of a jet ace? where do you come up with the arbitrary number 3? and it's never a problem evading them? you made some sense until you totally messed it all up with your horribly put together last paragraph.
            Its not an assumption. If youre dying to a pilot more than 3 times in a round while youre on foot, youre doing something wrong. Youre invisible to the pilot, you have no indication box around you, and once you neutralize a flag, you should know (as common sense) that you have to get yourself to cover because a jet is going to sweep by in the next 5-10 seconds, after which theres a substantial window to capture the flag. Evading and not getting killed by a jet is very simple.

Things get tough when youre in a vehicle, but thats why jets are there in the first place.

While I am a certified jetwhore, most of my playtime during the last 2 years have been spent on ground. I wouldnt want to think that I die to jets less because I know how a pilot plays. Because most of the stuff is as I already said- common sense.

Im always at the flags, I always pick a vehicle if I can and I play all the maps (if I can choose not to, then I usually try to ignore Shongua Stalemate), and I find choppers to be a far worse threat than jets.

Comment

Im always at the flags, I always pick a vehicle if I can and I play all the maps (if I can choose not to, then I usually try to ignore Shongua Stalemate), and I find choppers to be a far worse threat than jets.
              I am a chopper whore and I resent that statement, at least you can mow down a chopper with a vehicle mounted gun. I know that jets are suppose to own choppers but I at least try to fight back. The choppers have been rendered useless because I will say this once again "fast moving objects hitting slow flying missle dead on target = small dent because bf2 still havent learned how to accurately do these"

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk
                I am a chopper whore and I resent that statement, at least you can mow down a chopper with a vehicle mounted gun. I know that jets are suppose to own choppers but I at least try to fight back. The choppers have been rendered useless because I will say this once again "fast moving objects hitting slow flying missle dead on target = small dent because bf2 still havent learned how to accurately do these"
                I never knew you could drive and use the .50cal at the same time. Must be more to this patch than meets the eye.

No. The presence of the chopper is far more devastating and effective, than the hit-and-runs made by a jet. A jet will not help you capture flags and outcap teams, a chopper will pretty much guarantee that there will be no lifesigns around you while youre capping flags.

As a "chopper whore" you should be well aware of these. Even bigger chwhores than you have admitted that a chopper is a far more devastating tool than a jet is.

My record on Oman is getting the US forces off the mainland in less than 3 minutes. Thats with 64 players on the team and before using TV missiles on choppers was a trend. Theres no way any jet pilot can come to even a 6 minute mark of this.

In short. As an infantry player, you can avoid a jet, you will never be able to avoid a chopper, unless youre capping flags which are far off the action zone and even then, a zealous TV missile may find you, without warning and with great precision.

Comment

No. The presence of the chopper is far more devastating and effective, than the hit-and-runs made by a jet. A jet will not help you capture flags and outcap teams, a chopper will pretty much guarantee that there will be no lifesigns around you while youre capping flags.
                  I believe that is the Mi-28 is super effective at this! Those cannons that chopper gets are crazy, if you go 1v1 with one of those as an infantry and survive, you are Jesus, cause those cannons will hit you even if they aren't looking at you!

Crazy cannons :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                    I believe that is the Mi-28 is super effective at this! Those cannons that chopper gets are crazy, if you go 1v1 with one of those as an infantry and survive, you are Jesus, cause those cannons will hit you even if they aren't looking at you!

Crazy cannons :shock:
                    That's because they changed the ammunition to leave from the middle of the hud, which is located at the cockpit window, instead of leaving from the barrel like in 1.00.

And BF1942 has big maps and they were popular, because vehicle action in BF2 is completely retarded with TV missiles and jets of doom.

Comment

Working...
                    X