X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace Walker

I literally came! :shock:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLQN92xpyFY[/media]
    It's Japanse spoken, but English subtitles.

There's also a demo you can download on your PSP, so get downloading!!!

Re: Peace Walker

Too many new characters, doesnt feel science fictional enough, instead looks mostly fictional. I dont see a clear direction here, it looks as if they dont know what they want to create. If they wanted to make extra games, they should have stuck to Solid Snakes Green Beret and Liquids SAS missions, maybe make a "Snakes Chronicles" kind of game where youre playing through all of those missions the Snakes went through when they were in the "regular" army. Trying to stuff new Metal Gears and entirely new plotlines into a perfectly crafted out and finished storyline just smells of potential epic fail.

Im a huge fan of MGS, but they could go about this in a whole lot better way. In short, Im not impressed and very sceptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
      Too many new characters, doesnt feel science fictional enough, instead looks mostly fictional. I dont see a clear direction here, it looks as if they dont know what they want to create. If they wanted to make extra games, they should have stuck to Solid Snakes Green Beret and Liquids SAS missions, maybe make a "Snakes Chronicles" kind of game where youre playing through all of those missions the Snakes went through when they were in the "regular" army. Trying to stuff new Metal Gears and entirely new plotlines into a perfectly crafted out and finished storyline just smells of potential epic fail.

Im a huge fan of MGS, but they could go about this in a whole lot better way. In short, Im not impressed and very sceptical.
      You completely skipped over MGS3 didn't you.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
        You completely skipped over MGS3 didn't you.
        Actually, MGS3 is my favourite MGS title. But what did you mean, exactly?

Comment

Then your comments strike me as even more odd. You do realize this takes place only 10 years after MGS3 events, right?

Comment

They are trying to link the events of MPO to the first Metal Gear on the MSX ( the NES one sucked ) and there's still some mystery on why Big Boss founded Outer Heaven. hopefully this game will close that one gap in the saga.

I played it and it was really enjoyable, the controls are terrific with only 1 analog stick to work with, sometimes you screw up by doing a run instead of sneak by that's acceptable. It all works pretty well and I really look forward to this one, especially because you can co-op with other people!

Comment

Then your comments strike me as even more odd. You do realize this takes place only 10 years after MGS3 events, right?
              I asked you to be more clear about what you mean, so I guess I´ll have to shoot in the dark. I assume you mean the "science fiction" part? Sci-Fi doesnt have to take place in the future to be Sci-Fi.

Theres no need to close a gap with or in anything, theres pretty much nothing left in MGS which fans cant "close" with well argumented speculation and theories, based on all the information that the games have provided. There are no questions left.

Comment

Based on the limited footage you've seen, you were able to so quickly dismiss that there is "science fiction" material in this game...? Why would you think that in all the time Kojima has been doing the MG games that he'd all of a sudden root them firmly in reality?

Comment

Based on the limited footage you've seen, you were able to so quickly dismiss that there is "science fiction" material in this game...? Why would you think that in all the time Kojima has been doing the MG games that he'd all of a sudden root them firmly in reality?
                  Erm... what?

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  Too many new characters, doesnt feel science fictional enough, instead looks mostly fictional.

Comment

Yeah, the Naked Snake saga is less science-fictioness than the Solid saga, after MGS3 it all became less science-fiction. Then again, I always felt that MGS was pretty close to reality. The technology that's used isn't really super advanced.
                    I guess when Kojima came up with the idea he'd never guess 20 years later that fiction might become reality after all.

Comment

Man this game looks awesome, great graphics for PSP too:thumbsup:, totally looking forward to this game

Comment

Working...
                      X