Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claymore vs Prone

Originally posted by Deesies
    Most snipers would put them around whereplayers wouldn't see it in time to prone past them.

There have been a couple of times that I've proned past a claymore though.
    Exactly.

Comment

It's all about creative placement - which I really enjoy.

I love dropping one in a really unexpected place then just going off to fight the war. It's a good laugh 3-5 minutes later when you see that you got someone.

And no, most guys are too clueless about the prone thing for it to really matter. Of course you end up getting a knife in the back on occasion, but rarely.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
        I love dropping one in a really unexpected place then just going off to fight the war. It's a good laugh 3-5 minutes later when you see that you got someone.
        I love doing that, forgetting about it, then getting that random kill message later on.

Same thing with AT mines.

Comment

they still suck Should have made it crouch vs prone. I played the other day and proned past a claymore and crawled for 15m, stood up and boom :shock: dead by claymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
            unless u crawl past every shrub and stairwell then the prone thing wont bother me

(Yes I'm the noob who plants them in shrubs)
            That is not noobish, it's strategic, no one, not even me would have suspected the clays being in bushes, never seen one do that, but now you gave me another strategy, thanks. I plant mines under rocks, so the enemy cant see them when they approach them. And Tampa has alot of rocks and stones to hide them in!

May even try the median strip on Road rage, near where the parts are destroyed...Damn...The wheels are turning...

Comment

It would have been nice if a grenade or other explosive could clear a clay, that would have been cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat
                It would have been nice if a grenade or other explosive could clear a clay, that would have been cool.
                Engineer should be able to repair them away like enemy anti-tank mines. And they should get a repair point for it! Poor buggers get so little repair points. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                  Engineer should be able to repair them away like enemy anti-tank mines. And they should get a repair point for it! Poor buggers get so little repair points. :cry:
                  Well the first part of that is true already.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog
                    Well the first part of that is true already.
                    Gah, I even did it today... It's 2:30 AM here excuse my retardedness

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat
                      Um.. that's how it used to be..

Then ****ing DICE Canada failed hard.. once again.

I think it was patch 1.2 where they increased the number of claymores you could have total or something... and they made it so you couldn't blow up the claymores anymore.. thus creating the massive claymore spam you see today.

Comment

I've always felt that the way DICE setup Engineer kit to remove claymores was laughable.

So many things have to happen in perfect order for that to be a success. You have to spot the claymore, determine which way it is facing, move around it without setting it off, inch your way up to it (hoping another team member or some other factor doesn't set it off), then wrench it away and hope to hell the sniper that placed it doesn't have you in his crosshairs, etc.

Doesn't surprise me that I've never seen an Engineer removing a clay in-game after all these years.

Comment

I was crawling past a claymore and a friendly was running towards me and the clay, so i killed him. BUT I LIVED

Comment

Originally posted by zone36
                            I've always felt that the way DICE setup Engineer kit to remove claymores was laughable.

So many things have to happen in perfect order for that to be a success. You have to spot the claymore, determine which way it is facing, move around it without setting it off, inch your way up to it (hoping another team member or some other factor doesn't set it off), then wrench it away and hope to hell the sniper that placed it doesn't have you in his crosshairs, etc.

Doesn't surprise me that I've never seen an Engineer removing a clay in-game after all these years.
                            Yes, but this is a game

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                              Yes, but this is a game
                              That's my point.. those steps I mentioned in my post above are what you have to do in BF2 in order to diffuse a claymore, which, in my opinion, is too hard to pull off and almost never worth the effort.

I don't believe the Engineer even gets a point for it, either.

I'm content with the new prone avoidance method, but until now, there was really no feasible way to defeat a claymore other than setting them off, and having a Medic revive you (which still gave the enemy a kill) OR find some armor and drive infront of it to set it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X