Claymore vs Prone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymore vs Prone

Since 1.5 introduced the ability to prone past claymores, I'm curious if other Sniper kit users are noticing a drop in kills associated w/ them? Are people playing any smarter and using the new ability, or is it still just the status quo?

Personally, I haven't seen much change at all.

Re: Claymore vs Prone

No I haven't seen much change either but I think it's more a matter of getting used to it.

I have used it myself with great success though, but you need to know that the claymore is actually there. You still set off claymores when going up ladders which is a bigger problem imo.

Comment

if you see a claymore where you need to go then you can prone, but I guess where its most used is in IO where all the tards will be running around like chickens and not even bothering

ladder camping snipers have made me somewhat better with made nade arcs lol

Comment

i am noticng retards that sneak up next to me while i'm proned moving past the claymore and getting both of us killed...

if you see some dude crawling on his stomach, think maybe he's moving past a claymore instead of getting both of us killed.

Comment

When I played 2142 I used claymores often and still had success in defending an area or myself with them. In that game you can prone past them, shoot them, or be an engineer and disarm them.

I would think Minmaster and MrChris has it right that people still wont pay attention.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

unless u crawl past every shrub and stairwell then the prone thing wont bother me

(Yes I'm the noob who plants them in shrubs)

Comment

it will catch on soon. especially with 2142 people who know about a thing moving past apms.

Comment

I love seeing people crawling past doorways to get past my claymore...

Right into my l96A1's scope

Comment

oh man its terrible when you are proning past a claymore and a teammate just runs along, I bet half of them even see the mine but keep going and boom

half the time you have to take cover from your own team lol

Comment

So true MrChris.... So true! My view exactly!

Comment

Most snipers would put them around whereplayers wouldn't see it in time to prone past them.

There have been a couple of times that I've proned past a claymore though.

Comment

I haven't actually encountered a claymore in my time playing 1.5

Comment

tbqh, it needs to be set to crouch as well to allow you past, because unless the sniper is a total R-tard and there are no other enemy players around, you're likely to get killed whilst your lying helplessly on the floor.

Comment

Set up claymore in obvious location, wait for someone to try and prone past and shoot 'em

Comment

Tip: If you are a squad leader and trying to go prone past a claymore, check to make sure anyone in your squad that you can't trust to hold spawning in on you is still alive before getting within triggering radius.

I almost learned this the hard way...

Comment

Working...
                              X