Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: god i hate moving titan servers

Originally posted by jake_
    What is realistic about the game to begin with? The weapon selection, recoil, etc? The cloak? It's a futuristic game to begin with!

I f*cking hate you noobs who constantly complain about needing more realism in these bloody games. More realism (and note that I say more) doesn't necessarily mean more fun.

If the game were made completely realistic, you're soldier would get ONE SINGLE BLOODY LIFE for the entire $50 that you paid for it. Once he dies, the game would be over for you. Because what is realistic about getting to die thousands of times with the same character? Nothing, that's what.
    Agreed, using the word realistic while mentioning a video game is just retarded.

Comment

he's just going off on all the posts whenever someone uses the word realism. c'mon dude just take a chill pill and back off.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
        What's with the realism thing? NOBODY BROUGHT UP THE FACT SOMETHING IN THE GAME WAS REAL OR NEEDED REALISM. For goodness sake, talk about spouting off because your knickers are in a permanent twist about something you cannot deal with because of mental instability or lack of maturity and the thread getting hijacked as a result.

This converation is about moving titans. There was a series of points about how unfair and disproportional the titan ground cannon are, with respect to their ease of use, lack of "game skill" (let's not start an argument about you need skills to get high scores with the titan guns please) how high the points available are and so on.

I made the point it also isn't realistic that you should get so many points for doing little. I used the word within the thread context. I used it to convey my point that there has to be a certain amount of effort to capture silos, combatting with the enemy to capture them or stop them attacking them. These attacks and defending are often skilful, costly in the sense of kill/death ratio. I used the word to reflect the ratio of all this to the points you get and the points and effort you can get from using and repairing the titan guns. It is unbalanced, unfair, disproportional, in effect unrealistic within the game expectations.
        I didn't say anything needs to be more real!!!! I didn't insinuate that I even had any concept of an online futuristic wargame being in any slightest degree of imagination a reflection of what a real conflict might even be like to be in.

If you guys cannot discuss a subject without getting on a soapbox because a word is used, without having the intelligence, maturity and conception of how that word is being used maybe stick to reading comics and then you can argue about the storyline in the playground.

While I agree with you, it doesnt change the fact that you used a completely wrong word which altered the message of your post (even if done so unintentionally). It didnt fit the context either. And now youre on a tantrum.

Sadly I cannot go back and change it lol.
        Taboo word = realism. Talk about word police. Forcing a word off a forum because of your limited use of vocabulary.
        It is a taboo word. You cant believe how many times people have tried to justify their lack of skill with "its not realistic!" arguments. Its ridiculous in so many ways. I would tread carefully when saying this word in a videogame forum

Comment

Pfft, Moving Titan > Non-moving. Non-moving is boring and no challenge. If you don't like the titan, play conquest. simple.

Comment

Yea I don't like non-moving titan servers, it's just too easy to get all the silos and then attack the titan. Or just hold the silos and forget the titan since its not moving and is no threat.

Comment

I like to switch it up every so often. It's an added challenge, but one that I don't always like to deal with

Comment

sorry all I obviously went into rant mode.

Couple of points though. Seems to me these forums sum up the game situation. It's dying!. Once there were dozens of new threads a day. Now theres hardly a thread a week and usually it's a topic thats been done to death before. Why then are people still so negative to each other and really criticise instead of encouraging new conversations.

I REALLY appreciate that its a discussion forum but please lets encourage interesting discussion rather than just slamming down on a topic with outright damnation!

Anyway. Once again, sorry for the rant.

Comment

Yes these forums are pretty much dead but like you say - there really isn't much more to say concerning the game. The only interesting thing is the new patch but that has been 'news' for over a year.

The game is still thriving though, still thousands of people playing.

Comment

Working...
                  X