god i hate moving titan servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• god i hate moving titan servers

there's only 4 good, popular, low-ping titan servers near me (california) and 3 of them are moving titan servers.

i don't understand why anyone paying a lot of money to host a 2142 would enable moving titans. the gameplay is TERRIBLE:

- nonstop topside titan gun spam means it's hard to get a gunship or a transport out. more than half the time you're dead before you can get away

- nonstop lower gun spam on 3-4 cap points on most maps means constant death without escape. no reason to stay and defend a silo, no reason to try to bring in mixed tactics (apc + tank + infantry) when the titan gun can just spray it all to death in 8 seconds

- 7+ members of the team will not even be on the ground (titan gunners plus engineers trying to get repair points). this can be a very significant percent of the total team size, sitting on the titan not capping points. why bother when you can go 30-0 without even using both hands?

- people on the ground and gunships waste time taking out titan guns over and over, and they are usually instantly repaired. that's even more people not actually playing the game (capping silos). between titan gunners and people shooting back at the titan guns, you can have half your team not contributing to the game

- the constant noise of the weapons and explosions is annoying. the topside guns also make it difficult or impossible to see out of the titan deck when they spam the shields, which throws up a giant white light flare

- when you can pod to most or all of the cap points right from the titan, there is no reason to worry about squad leader survival, or intelligent beacon placement, or strategically using apc's as respawn points, or having the added benefit when you take over an enemy silo of reducing the enemy spawn point/vehicle availability options. being able to basically spawn anywhere via titan pods removes a huge amount of strategy from the game

titan guns turn the game into a no-strategy, loud, annoying, not-fun spamfest with half the people in the game not even trying to cap points.

please, PLEASE if you are currently hosting a moving titan server, consider changing it to a stationary titan server!

Re: god i hate moving titan servers

I hated it too, but it's just a matter of getting use to it and adapting the way you play.

Just like i use to hate attacking the titan because of all the APM and RDXing, but you figure out ways to counter.

If you can't take out a Transport or GS out of the titan because of the AA guns, you suck at flying.

Comment

Originally posted by joe2
      there's only 4 good, popular, low-ping titan servers near me (california) and 3 of them are moving titan servers.

i don't understand why anyone paying a lot of money to host a 2142 would enable moving titans. the gameplay is TERRIBLE:

- nonstop topside titan gun spam means it's hard to get a gunship or a transport out. more than half the time you're dead before you can get away

- nonstop lower gun spam on 3-4 cap points on most maps means constant death without escape. no reason to stay and defend a silo, no reason to try to bring in mixed tactics (apc + tank + infantry) when the titan gun can just spray it all to death in 8 seconds

- 7+ members of the team will not even be on the ground (titan gunners plus engineers trying to get repair points). this can be a very significant percent of the total team size, sitting on the titan not capping points. why bother when you can go 30-0 without even using both hands?

- people on the ground and gunships waste time taking out titan guns over and over, and they are usually instantly repaired. that's even more people not actually playing the game (capping silos). between titan gunners and people shooting back at the titan guns, you can have half your team not contributing to the game

- the constant noise of the weapons and explosions is annoying. the topside guns also make it difficult or impossible to see out of the titan deck when they spam the shields, which throws up a giant white light flare

- when you can pod to most or all of the cap points right from the titan, there is no reason to worry about squad leader survival, or intelligent beacon placement, or strategically using apc's as respawn points, or having the added benefit when you take over an enemy silo of reducing the enemy spawn point/vehicle availability options. being able to basically spawn anywhere via titan pods removes a huge amount of strategy from the game

titan guns turn the game into a no-strategy, loud, annoying, not-fun spamfest with half the people in the game not even trying to cap points.

please, PLEASE if you are currently hosting a moving titan server, consider changing it to a stationary titan server!
      C'mon' Joe! Time to open a beer and "chill out"!

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin
        C'mon' Joe! Time to open a beer and "chill out"!
        lol!

Yes, there are ways around those things. You can get a gunship or transport off the titan even when they are spamming the guns. And you can still cap points even when they are spamming the ground guns. Like Quemical said, it is a matter of adjusting your play style.

Comment

Then go around and cap the points then.
          Simple.

It's the win that matters.. or is the points for you?
          If so... just be the rest of the engies who do nothing but camp, and be camp.

Comment

So in other words, you prefer gaming that is not multi-dimensional?

Comment

I think what he's trying to get at is that when you move the titans it isn't multi-dimensional anymore because the majority of players then simply sit in the safety of the titans and spam.

Comment

then you just capture the silos that are not in range of the titan guns. simple.

Comment

Originally posted by RanCorX2
                  then you just capture the silos that are not in range of the titan guns. simple.
                  Good luck doing that on Suez, where a well-placed Titan can cover all five silos.

Also, it's not so much the enemy Titan spam that irritates me, although any time I can be killed by someone using the mouse with one hand and holding a fistful of Cheetos in the other it does tend to ruffle my feathers a bit, it's the retards in the friendly Titan that won't stop when you're trying to take or defend a silo that make me want to go on a TK spree. You can't even tell them over chat to stop because they're too busy going 'Hurr hurr...click...points...killz0rz!!' to notice anything that doesn't give them points or isn't edible.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
                    I think what he's trying to get at is that when you move the titans it isn't multi-dimensional anymore because the majority of players then simply sit in the safety of the titans and spam.
                    I rarely find more than a couple of guys manning a titan. In most cases the thing isn't even being used.

Comment

I remember using moving titan servers in the past.

Pretty much every game you'd get a pair of n0obs (one in each titan) spamming one another's shield with the AA, while all the while little green messages would scroll up the screen telling people not to spam the AA.

With both titans moving, the game would slow to such a crawl that it felt like moving through a strobe light.

On the old N@M server, they took full advantage of the moving titan glitchiness to get inside solid objects and shoot out with impunity (various glitches require a moving titan to work).

The only good thing about having moving titans is that you can rank up super-fast, simply because the titan guns are attractive assets for the enemy to use and repair, and so you can stand under the enemy titan destroying them over and over to get titan attack pins (and career points).

With static titans the guns often get left unrepaired, which obviously knocks that idea on the head.

Comment

Why are you complaining? You say it yourself, there is only 4 good moving titan serve, plus of course its gonna suck if you play suez moving titan on the ground. nothing better then playing a moving titan maps on SIDI, SHUIA or HIGHWAY TAMPA when titan arent near each other and that your titan defends 1 or 2 silos. Locked titans is nice but sometime I miss the extra challenge moving titan gives you, very helpful when the opposite team has all the silos and they have possession of all the armors available.

And at the end of the line i dont understand this whinning since there is so many locked titan servers, your the one who likes to give yourself a hard time by joining those servers.

Man gotta love crushing those little ants running on the ground!

Comment

i didn't say there's ONLY 4. and titans always end up near each other on every map.

Comment

What is your consideration of good ping? Everything in the US stays >100 ping for me, and anything up to 100 works fine. I personally love moving titans, there's something about the chaos that really attracts me.

There is a good number of both kind, I see more nonmoving than moving. Please dont try to convince people to change their server gameplay just because you dont like it, because many people including me do.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                              Good luck doing that on Suez, where a well-placed Titan can cover all five silos.

Also, it's not so much the enemy Titan spam that irritates me, although any time I can be killed by someone using the mouse with one hand and holding a fistful of Cheetos in the other it does tend to ruffle my feathers a bit, it's the retards in the friendly Titan that won't stop when you're trying to take or defend a silo that make me want to go on a TK spree. You can't even tell them over chat to stop because they're too busy going 'Hurr hurr...click...points...killz0rz!!' to notice anything that doesn't give them points or isn't edible.
                              Then you be an engineer and keep taking out the guns, that usually pees the enemy off and they stop using them.

Comment

Working...
                              X