X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: god i hate moving titan servers

Originally posted by Catziggy
    Titan Guns are really unrealistic
    >implying a war set in the year 2142 was realistic to begin with.

Comment

Just read this old thread (well one month old). Couple of points missed. Titan Guns are really unrealistic in the game for more reasons than mentioned.
      What is realistic about the game to begin with? The weapon selection, recoil, etc? The cloak? It's a futuristic game to begin with!

I f*cking hate you noobs who constantly complain about needing more realism in these bloody games. More realism (and note that I say more) doesn't necessarily mean more fun.

If the game were made completely realistic, you're soldier would get ONE SINGLE BLOODY LIFE for the entire $50 that you paid for it. Once he dies, the game would be over for you. Because what is realistic about getting to die thousands of times with the same character? Nothing, that's what.

Comment

gee calm down with your anti-realism bashing. you don't have to agree but to go on a rant about realism on all these threads here, you're kinda taking things too personally.

Comment

Actually it's a comparitive realism.

I think most people would have realised that! (except those who have bees in their bonnets about people who say "It isn't fair" or It's not real war)

Comment

Oh "us noobs" played the game on the day it came out, was one of the first LT's and has been main admin on some of the most succesful servers in the world. nuuub youuuuu lol

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              gee calm down with your anti-realism bashing. you don't have to agree but to go on a rant about realism on all these threads here, you're kinda taking things too personally.
              Thanks for the advice, o mighty and wise one.

It's called a logical argument: I take someone's claims to their logical conclusion, which is an absurd one, proving that the claims are wrong.

Comment

What claims? Lighten up jake, we are all agreeing here so let's not go into deep meaningful crap just because someone uses one word you personally have serious issues with.

No one used the word to suggest anything. I used it as it fit the thought I wanted to express. If your going to argue about the use of the word in the context it was used in, either your bored or you haave anger management issues!

Comment

The game could have lasers-pew-pew and be as soft or hard sci-fi as they want - that's the least of my worries. I don't look at the realism or even the possibility of the features in the game. I have only two questions when I look at a particular weapon or utility:
                  • Is it fun to use?
                  • Does it have a set of strengths and weaknesses?

Tank, that's an easy one. Great long-range ability, lacks protection and anti-air.
                  Baur H-AR. Insane stopping power. Poor clipsize and extended fire accuracy.
                  Infantry sonar. Great intel tool, but short-ranged and doesn't report height.

Titan guns? Good range, able to instantly kill unprotected infantry and weaken armor, but too situational and easy to avoid by experienced players on most maps.

I'll add the following: mean what you say, say what you mean. If someone says realism, I expect it to mean "connected to reality. Corresponding to reality. Today. How the world is made right now." That is realism to me. A better word for what you wanted to explain might be "balanced".

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                    What is realistic about the game to begin with? The weapon selection, recoil, etc? The cloak? It's a futuristic game to begin with!

I f*cking hate you noobs who constantly complain about needing more realism in these bloody games. More realism (and note that I say more) doesn't necessarily mean more fun.

If the game were made completely realistic, you're soldier would get ONE SINGLE BLOODY LIFE for the entire $50 that you paid for it. Once he dies, the game would be over for you. Because what is realistic about getting to die thousands of times with the same character? Nothing, that's what.
                    Did you know that Kojima planned a thing like that for one of the Metal Gear games? (Earlier ones) You die, the game is over, need to buy a new one.

Anyway, Im here with you. People who seek realism are forgetting that its not realism that makes the games great. It never has been. Those seeking realism are always conveniently ignoring the wide array of hardcore sims already out there.

And lastly, I have absolutely no respect for gamers who bring realism up as an excuse for their failures, or use real life as a comparison tool to discredit the games they dislike. Extremist realist-junkes in videogames are like a selfcontradicting group of religious nuts whos IQ is equal to room temperature.

Comment

What's with the realism thing? NOBODY BROUGHT UP THE FACT SOMETHING IN THE GAME WAS REAL OR NEEDED REALISM. For goodness sake, talk about spouting off because your knickers are in a permanent twist about something you cannot deal with because of mental instability or lack of maturity and the thread getting hijacked as a result.

This converation is about moving titans. There was a series of points about how unfair and disproportional the titan ground cannon are, with respect to their ease of use, lack of "game skill" (let's not start an argument about you need skills to get high scores with the titan guns please) how high the points available are and so on.

I made the point it also isn't realistic that you should get so many points for doing little. I used the word within the thread context. I used it to convey my point that there has to be a certain amount of effort to capture silos, combatting with the enemy to capture them or stop them attacking them. These attacks and defending are often skilful, costly in the sense of kill/death ratio. I used the word to reflect the ratio of all this to the points you get and the points and effort you can get from using and repairing the titan guns. It is unbalanced, unfair, disproportional, in effect unrealistic within the game expectations.
                      I didn't say anything needs to be more real!!!! I didn't insinuate that I even had any concept of an online futuristic wargame being in any slightest degree of imagination a reflection of what a real conflict might even be like to be in.

If you guys cannot discuss a subject without getting on a soapbox because a word is used, without having the intelligence, maturity and conception of how that word is being used maybe stick to reading comics and then you can argue about the storyline in the playground.

A better word for what you wanted to explain might be "balanced".
                      Sadly I cannot go back and change it lol.
                      Taboo word = realism. Talk about word police. Forcing a word off a forum because of your limited use of vocabulary.

Comment

i don't normally play on moving titan server but occasionally i will join one for something different. What bother me most about titan guns is when friendlies continually shoot their teammates :evil:

Comment

What's with the realism thing? NOBODY BROUGHT UP THE FACT SOMETHING IN THE GAME WAS REAL OR NEEDED REALISM. For goodness sake, talk about spouting off because your knickers are in a permanent twist about something you cannot deal with because of mental instability or lack of maturity and the thread getting hijacked as a result.

This converation is about moving titans. There was a series of points about how unfair and disproportional the titan ground cannon are, with respect to their ease of use, lack of "game skill" (let's not start an argument about you need skills to get high scores with the titan guns please) how high the points available are and so on.

I made the point it also isn't realistic that you should get so many points for doing little. I used the word within the thread context. I used it to convey my point that there has to be a certain amount of effort to capture silos, combatting with the enemy to capture them or stop them attacking them. These attacks and defending are often skilful, costly in the sense of kill/death ratio. I used the word to reflect the ratio of all this to the points you get and the points and effort you can get from using and repairing the titan guns. It is unbalanced, unfair, disproportional, in effect unrealistic within the game expectations.
                          I didn't say anything needs to be more real!!!! I didn't insinuate that I even had any concept of an online futuristic wargame being in any slightest degree of imagination a reflection of what a real conflict might even be like to be in.

If you guys cannot discuss a subject without getting on a soapbox because a word is used, without having the intelligence, maturity and conception of how that word is being used maybe stick to reading comics and then you can argue about the storyline in the playground.

Taboo word = realism. Talk about word police. Forcing a word off a forum because of your limited use of vocabulary.
                          Someone's back-peddling.

Comment

Oh, two people can play this game.

I will say this: I feel that the battlewalkers in this game are absolutely potato.

I will leave it up to you to attempt to figure out what I was trying to say.

Comment

...better idea.

The Titans have little tubes leading to the ground-guns. So the troops are actually in them and when you blow them up the charred corpse of your foe falls from the wreckage and you can go over and 'Sorry Man' them. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                                Someone's back-peddling.
                                It seems like the only problems you have with his posts is the misuse of the word "realism". Nothing else he says suggests that the game should be more realistic.

So the problem here is semantics and vocabulary.

Comment

Working...
                                X