Am I "Over It"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I "Over It"?

I have been playing Battlefield since the beginning and i have loved and still love the game. Having just come back to it since the new patch and a new breath of life to the game it has started to hit me that this game is 4 years old, and it feels it.

I know that BF2 holds nothing today over games in terms of graphics and bugs etc but i feel that recent games such as CoD4 and others have almost spoiled us. I have been playing for a few hours now and i already feel as though i am again done with it. The game was great in its day when CTD issues and constant bugs and crashing was a regular thing for most games, but now 4 years on, playing BF2 feels more like a chore.

Im not hating on the game as i never would, BF2 has given me hundreds of hours of fun i just feel that 4 years on from its release im over it.

Does anyone here remotely know what im getting at or feel the same way?

Re: Am I "Over It"?

Nope. I thought CoD 4 and 5 were the worst multiplayer games I've played in a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
      I have been playing Battlefield since the beginning and i have loved and still love the game. Having just come back to it since the new patch and a new breath of life to the game it has started to hit me that this game is 4 years old, and it feels it.

I know that BF2 holds nothing today over games in terms of graphics and bugs etc but i feel that recent games such as CoD4 and others have almost spoiled us. I have been playing for a few hours now and i already feel as though i am again done with it. The game was great in its day when CTD issues and constant bugs and crashing was a regular thing for most games, but now 4 years on, playing BF2 feels more like a chore.

Im not hating on the game as i never would, BF2 has given me hundreds of hours of fun i just feel that 4 years on from its release im over it.

Does anyone here remotely know what im getting at or feel the same way?
      Sounds like you're talking about an old girlfriend... hmmm.

Oh, but yea I definitely know what you mean by BF2 seeming like a chore sometimes.

Comment

Still loving it over here because ther isnt any other game just like this that can replace the bf2 gameplay. I guess you feel like this because you never stick whit one game but olways moves to others. :thumbsup:

Comment

I just think that the game feels really old when you compare it to games released today. I dont want to have to put up with CTD and shoddy bugs and server browsers because they are things of the past in most games nowadays, at least in comparison.

Comment

Well, it IS a four year old game. However, I feel that there is relly no replacement for battlefied. COD devolvs into mindless shooting and vehicle games are worthless most of the time.

Comment

The graphics are not important the gameplay is just look at all those fancy *** graphics games that we saw pass and dint made it. CS 1.6 has horrible graphics but yet its doing better than css

Comment

nope, 4 years on it plays great is a better and more far reaching multiplayer shooter than most of the junk thrown at us these days

good thing about its age is I can whack up the gfx settings to the max, and it still looks decent

Comment

Maybe its just the lack of an alive server anywhere within a 2000 mile radius of australia then

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                    Maybe its just the lack of an alive server anywhere within a 2000 mile radius of australia then
                    haha im so glad i m not from australia you still can play whit japan or china servers right ? thats the closest country s to you i think

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies
                      Nope. I thought CoD 4 and 5 were the worst multiplayer games I've played in a decade.
                      One big nade spamfest is what I found on CoD4 plus hackers, an acknowledged fact in this type of game, have an inordinate advantage against the honest player.

I prefer games with combined arms and 1.5 has drawn me back in for some more fun and games.

Comment

I just got back into Bf2 with 1.5 and it's great! There is nothing quite like BF2 that I can find. Atleast nothing that's good. Operation Blue Pearl FTW. Its my favorite map!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                          Sounds like you're talking about an old girlfriend... hmmm.

Oh, but yea I definitely know what you mean by BF2 seeming like a chore sometimes.
                          It is a chore.....the crappy hit reg makes it so.

Comment

Maybe its time for u to try some mods. ForgottenHope has new release that is 1.5 compatible.

Comment

To each, his own.

BF2 has been a fantastic game for me, and surely the longest single game stretch I've ever played at 4 years and counting. Of course the game is showing its age when compared to COD4 and the like, but it's the core gameplay aspect that keeps myself and the fan base sticking with it. IMO, nothing else out there matches the dynamic of BF2. ARMA probably came the closest, but ultimately didn't live up to it.

As stated earlier in the thread, a perfect case-in-point of gameplay beating out graphics is CS 1.6 vs CSS. CS is how old now? 10 years? And still one of the most (if not the most) played FPS games out there.

Plenty of great ex-BF2 players have moved on over the years.. as you said, people get "over it" at different points and there is no right or wrong about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X