Has IW gone over the top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has IW gone over the top?

After seeing the new video and having time to soak it in, I really wondered. "Have they gone over the top"? I say yes but am willing to see what happens, Between the No recoil weapons, the Knife's that fly straight and the invincible Shield-o-Doom. I really think that it's getting to the point where there adding gimmicks just to please everyone and not to create new and exciting gameplay.

So the Question Stands, Have they taken things too far over the top to please the kids?, or do you think its ok the way they currently have it?

Re: Has IW gone over the top?

Originally posted by garandx
    After seeing the new video and having time to soak it in, I really wondered. "Have they gone over the top"? I say yes but am willing to see what happens, Between the No recoil weapons, the Knife's that fly straight and the invincible Shield-o-Doom. I really think that it's getting to the point where there adding gimmicks just to please everyone and not to create new and exciting gameplay.

So the Question Stands, Have they taken things too far over the top to please the kids?, or do you think its ok the way they currently have it?
    I'm not sure about the knife being dead-accurate-overkill, I was watching the vid closely for the 3rd time and it looked like he was aiming slightly above, maybe the further away you are the harder it is? I dunno. The sheilds could create teamwork as they are kind of mobile cover. It could turn out fun, but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx

Your jumping the gun the footage you saw was console gameplay and everyone knows there is little to no recoil in console shooters. Secondly how do you know the knife is dead accurate? and how do you know that the Shield doesnt break? you dont.

Comment

I haven't seen this sort of footage yet, but if the game is balanced, I don't care for gimmicks.

Comment

I had some more time to look things over, its not as a bad as i originally thought. Mods may close thread.

Comment

Too early to tell because they might be hiding a mode that doesn't have perks and stuff. However, if the recent video accurately represents all MP gameplay, then yes they went over the top.

Comment

They went too far with CoD4, and now it's even worse.

So the simple answer is yes - too many things are being added and they're taking away from what made Call of Duty special. I'll still buy it because I know that at least the competitive community understands what makes Call of Duty actually fun/challenging but I can't wait to see all the whiners when the game is released.

I personally just find it hysterical how the community asks for so many gameplay elements - and then when they get their wish they realize what an awful game they created. Argue my points all you want, but I just hope you'll enjoy getting grenade/m203/etc. spammed

Comment

Nein, I will keep this thread open, I had thought of making a thread over this topic also.

I think it's still a little too early. I agree with some of the points here that from the couple of vids, hell yes they have gone too far, but mods can adjust stuff for the PC and we don't know about some of the counter balances. One good thing seems to be that they actually shrank the grenade radius which is a great thing imo.

Also, as Defekt said, competitive play will adjust things properly, but until their are game mods available, pub play is going to be one big cluster**** me thinks.

Comment

I think the game is fine for now. As long as they don't bring in the 'pay for weapons/items' the game seems balanced and well maintained.

OT: Holy crap Kodak, you still using that sig? xD

Comment

My first response to the video was excitement, followed by the realization of how much more "stuff" I will have to factor into multiplayer. The riot sheild is definitely a nuisance!! Im sorry but I dont want my shooter experience to be luck of the draw or in this case...kit load out!! With the amount of fluff IW has added to COD, I hardly see 1 kit load out saving my *** under most circumstances. Is it wrong to want to rely on my accuracy prowess over my kit load out?

I know its still early to tell right now, so Im still hoping the core gameplay to all FPS's (fast and accurate shooting) will still be preserved.

Comment

The only thing i m worrieng about is the kill streak customazation. It was a hell on cod4 whit the chopper and airstrikes but now you gonna have like 15 of them and i rly dont know how this is going to work out. I think its going to be armagedon wher every second something walling out of the air

Comment

^^^^ Yep!! 15 kill streak load outs on top of all the many different perks!! All I want to do is shoot people!! Is that so hard to understand? Let the guns do the talking and leave the flash behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikaman
                          I think the game is fine for now. As long as they don't bring in the 'pay for weapons/items' the game seems balanced and well maintained.

OT: Holy crap Kodak, you still using that sig? xD
                          Yeap, I love it - out of all the ones people have made for my it's by far the coolest. Still have to fix the text above it though :dead:

Comment

I don't think it's become any more arcadey but I just think it's an information overload, just too many things popping up in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatEvilGuy
                              I don't think it's become any more arcadey but I just think it's an information overload, just too many things popping up in your face.
                              Exactly! I don't mind some visual chaos, but when it blocks the view of the game, I start to get pissed quite easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X