A few questions :: Please have your say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A few questions :: Please have your say

I m trying my hands at sniper for my long run goal. If I don't, I'll quit after a month of infantry medic lol.

The G36E is going to become the Voss of BF2. OR should I say Voss is BF2142's G36E?

The dolpin divers + G36E is deadly when I apply the same tactics with M16 on my end. I lose lol.

Even when the guy is picking his nose or running while spraying that gun, it hits me 2/3 shots.

Old time pilot and suddenly start sniping is difficult for me. Heads are so small to shoot. Close encounters sucks. Going from High Sens flying to Extremely Low Sens Sniping is hard to adjust, but it'll keep me in BF2 for more than a year

What sniper sensitivity in game do you use?

I have mine configured to 0.2 mouse in game when sniping. Assigned to 450 dpi on my mouse.

I go to 900 dpi when I m on the run.

Another issue is I seems to be pulling the trigger tad too early when leading; their head is so small.

Watching Headshots by pros on Videos. [My reaction:: OMG I TOTATLLY CAN DO THIS!]

Me in game [Bang, Miss, Bang, Miss, Bang, Miss, Bang, took out by enemy sniper.]

Respect to all you lunatic sniper with all your Godly dragshots. Easier said than Done

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
      The G36E is going to become the Voss of BF2. OR should I say Voss is BF2142's G36E?

The dolpin divers + G36E is deadly when I apply the same tactics with M16 on my end. I lose lol.
      Yes, and yes actually. Personally the Voss never bothered me too much because it's only marginally overpowered (overused as all hell, though), whereas the G36E is ridiculously so. And as Wizrdwarts alluded to, you'll probably notice that most people on the frontlines are in fact medic. The only time you'll see assault is from a newbie or someone stubborn like myself. Medics are simply the best front line fighter in the game, and with the G36E they're better than just about anything besides sniper at range. Think of the G36E as a souped-up version of the M16 that has more controllable recoil and does more damage. That's the reason they can do something with it that you try to do with your M16 and fail.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
        Yes, and yes actually. Personally the Voss never bothered me too much because it's only marginally overpowered (overused as all hell, though), whereas the G36E is ridiculously so. And as Wizrdwarts alluded to, you'll probably notice that most people on the frontlines are in fact medic. The only time you'll see assault is from a newbie or someone stubborn like myself. Medics are simply the best front line fighter in the game, and with the G36E they're better than just about anything besides sniper at range. Think of the G36E as a souped-up version of the M16 that has more controllable recoil and does more damage. That's the reason they can do something with it that you try to do with your M16 and fail.
        I'd say that the G3 gives assault some punch which the G36E lacks though.

Comment

Not many people know how to use the G3 long range. 20 rounds is cutting it too little for many.

G3 is not a spray gun either.

Comment

It also fires slower and is less accurate and has more recoil. Sure, it does 40 damage, but at 600 RPM, whereas the G36E does 32 damage at 900 RPM. That's 400 DPS (G3) vs. 480 DPS (G36E) with less accuracy, more recoil, and a smaller clip. As much as I <3 the G3, it's worse in pretty much every way compared to the G36E, unless you get a lucky one-hit headshot.

Comment

I think playing BF2 for 2 weeks, I've only been killed by G3 once and that was by a colonel.

Rest of them, I was sprayed by G36E from Sergeants. Not many use M16 either.

One way to remedy this, Sniper from long range.

Well at least I'll scare them with bullet whizz

Comment

Actually the best way to remedy a problem with G36E medics is with an M1A2 tank. They see the tank and immediately go into spaz-hop mode, where they jump around and prone all over the place while spamming medpacks in hopes to survive the encounter with the big mean KDR-wrecking machine.

Then again, that obviously cannot happen on IO.

Comment

I gave up on sniping, it's too damn precise to hit the little target of the head.

I got all the tactics, pistol and knife, not the eye hand coordination.

Well deep respect to all those that can do it and do it like gods. Dragshots, swings shots, quick shots, no scopes and even jump shots from building.

I'll stick to medic.

MEDIC!

Coming!

Comment

Judging by your stats it doesn't look as if you played BF2 for that long (neither have I).

Now... I've had a look at some peoples stats and found that they have played for something totally ridiculous like 3,000 Hours or more. To put things into perspective, I thought playing 2142 for 500 hours was unhealthy (from June '07).

I guess my point is - practise makes perfect

And if you get down and out with certain people besting you, take a quick peak at their stats and no doubt you'll find they've played a hell of a lot longer.

On a different note; this is often something people miss when they start hack accusations, they fail to realise that if someone has played for a long time, say roughly 1000 hours, they're bound to be very good.

Comment

-you mean i've been playin all this time and there are unlock
                      -there are hacker in this game
                      -never use the m16, IT'S REALLY POOP :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                        Actually the best way to remedy a problem with G36E medics is with an M1A2 tank. They see the tank and immediately go into spaz-hop mode, where they jump around and prone all over the place while spamming medpacks in hopes to survive the encounter with the big mean KDR-wrecking machine.

Then again, that obviously cannot happen on IO.
                        ahaha you know their hop is a futile attempt at surviving : D

mind you, if i see a tank damn right i spaz out chucking a medi to the place i'm landing *lucky*

Comment

I m practising in BF2 Reload mod with sniping. 2 hours daily, single player sniping bots 24/7. The mod gives me 10 rounds in L96A1 and no 5 second bolt action time. Just seeing bots either walking sideways, running full speed, reviving teammates ect...

I won't leave until I can headshot a moving target 90% of the time. Their movement is erratic so it's difficult. I'll be in there a month before I head out online.

I don't look at stats, I play games for fun; not for numbers.

I played BF2142 from Dec 2006 until July 2009 when I quit. Over different soldiers other than Amaranthen. You're right, there's people asking me how I do well in the gunship, I told them practise. Maybe I forgot the bitterness I had 2 years ago crashing into the ground and got use to dominating the round on a single life.

BF2, Lost my old account, had to go buy new BF2 and start over. I m very newbie at BF2, seeing all these veteran headshotting me from 150 m while I m sprinting erratically.

Sigh...Good to be a newbie sometimes, no one calls you a hacker

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                            I don't look at stats, I play games for fun; not for numbers.
                            Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself:thumbsup:

I've been playing BF2 for 3 1/2 years and I am completely useless but I love the game. Stats don't matter to me (he says cos his are bollocks) but I'm about to hit 50,000 points and it will be nice to complete my collection of firearms. I can't believe I took the MP7 over the MG36 doh! I still love my G36E (you have to when you are crap):salute:

Comment

Working...
                            X