X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF1943 delayed until next year.

Someone posted this link on the EA UK forums:

Re: BF1943 delayed until next year.

Well that is news to me, I just asked him about it... At least they are upping the player count and adding servers and what not. But that seems a bit odd to release at the same time as BFBC2.

Comment

"And all of you requesting info on the PC versions, stay tuned for more info coming next week at GamesCom, Cologne."

This was on the BF executive producer's Twitter from a week or so ago. I just love how he got everyone excited about finally getting PC version info, then they announce the 1943 delay and let us all down. Quite stupid on their part.

And I can see it now, it's February 2010, they announce that BFBC2 for PC is delayed until like August or September of 2010. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
      But then again they actually have a release date for the game this early into development so I believe it will come out on the already announced date of March 2nd or 5th 2010. BF1943 didn't have a release date for the consoles until a week or so before it was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakboy
        I just asked him about it... At least they are upping the player count
        From what to what?

Comment

Is GameCon still going on, we haven't heard a thing from there about BF1943?

Comment

This should be on the Main Page, its quite news worth IMO.

LMAO, This game has officially been fail-boated. They havent even bothered to try to put the frostbite engine on the pc untill now, what a waste of time, they should of at least had it on there just to see if the damn thing would even work with pc's.

They really provided alot of info on the PC versions didnt they? Nothing that shouldn't of been expected i suppose.

Comment

32player is not really upping the count if you ask me. it's only a small increase, not 56 or 64.

Comment

Originally posted by ebevan_91
                "And all of you requesting info on the PC versions, stay tuned for more info coming next week at GamesCom, Cologne."

This was on the BF executive producer's Twitter from a week or so ago. I just love how he got everyone excited about finally getting PC version info, then they announce the 1943 delay and let us all down. Quite stupid on their part.

And I can see it now, it's February 2010, they announce that BFBC2 for PC is delayed until like August or September of 2010. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
                But then again they actually have a release date for the game this early into development so I believe it will come out on the already announced date of March 2nd or 5th 2010. BF1943 didn't have a release date for the consoles until a week or so before it was released.
                Exactly, you take 6 months from the console release date and you have a somewhat accurate Pc release date. September 2010 for BC2 on the pc.

Comment

Once again DICE has failed the PC users again. First the BF2 1.5 patch and now this.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakboy
                    Well that is news to me, I just asked him about it... At least they are upping the player count and adding servers and what not. But that seems a bit odd to release at the same time as BFBC2.
                    they wont both be released at the same time. BFBC2 will do doubt go through more delays and won't be able to hit its march release date.

Comment

Gah, you guys are fast. Posted it as news, then saw this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                        Once again DICE has failed the PC users again. First the BF2 1.5 patch and now this.
                        What do you mean first the 1.5 patch? DICE have been horrible with patching since BF1942. I don't think anyone remembers how buggy that game was. Everyone was blissfully ignoring the issues with the game (one of the biggest issues still to this day is horrible hit detection) because the game was something new and unlike most anything else. I know I'm guilty of ignoring the problems because it was just damn cool to fly planes and drive tanks and all the other awesome things you could do. When the patching started with BF2 is was really just more of the same crappy patching support.

It really is annoying that the BF1943 was pushed back again. Hopefully the game on PC won't be as bad as BF2 and will get some decent patch support since it is a smaller game. This basically just means I wont have any new games until Cod:MW2 is released assuming I break down and buy it for PC for the retarded $60. I think it's time I find a new time killer other than gaming...

Comment

guys did you consider they may be trying to get it right this time around and stop with their crappy coding that made games very difficult to patch later?

Comment

I made this comment already in another thread, but BF2 1.5 patch and BF1943 now have the same release date...TBA!

Comment

All I have to say is, Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2, November 10th.

Comment

Working...
                              X