Texas Team Players...Good No More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Team Players...Good No More

As many of you know Texas Team Players has been one of the better servers out there since BF2's inception. I always thought of it as a fun and fair server to play on where teamwork was highly encouraged and you were forced to join a squad.

Well that ended today while I was playing on Wake Island. I had spawned and gone to wait for a jet after the first two were taken, the first guy to take off was killed and I waited for the jet to spawn. As I waited, the first guy to fly who died came and TK'ed me with a car and then took the just spawned jet. When I attempted to alert the admins via chat (like everybody else does), I was banned for making false TK claims.

I guess all the good apples get rotten after a while. :salute:

Re: Texas Team Players...Good No More

Why would that surprise you.............Bf2 is a breeding ground for arse holes!

Comment

Originally posted by rebel444
      Why would that surprise you.............Bf2 is a breeding ground for arse holes!
      They've typically been a very good server for me.

Comment

I've had bad experiences on TTP.

I join a game, find out that both enemy jet pilots are 60-0 and 75-0, so I decide to hop in a jet and dry to take them out. I get TK'd on purpose, I respawn and kill the guy who TK'd me, and I'm the one who gets kicked? The original TK'er gets to fly the jet.

Comment

TTP is a fun server if you can get past the self-righteous admins.

Comment

Originally posted by LaikaSB
            TTP is a fun server if you can get past the self-righteous admins.
            It's sad, I really wouldn't have made this thread, it's just that there are so few good North American servers remaining. It's not like I have anything against European servers, it's just that I'm in Miami, FL and ping high in all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie
              It's sad, I really wouldn't have made this thread, it's just that there are so few good North American servers remaining. It's not like I have anything against European servers, it's just that I'm in Miami, FL and ping high in all of them.
              Have you contacted them on their forums and found out what the deal was and if you could get unbanned?

Comment

TTP used to be a pretty good server, but I haven't played there in well over a year; shame if they have actually gone down hill. As LaikaSB said, I do remember them having some rather self-absorbed admins that made playing there not so pleasant at times, still, I'm surprised at the ban you received since it sounds so clear cut as to what happened. A quick review of the server logs should have vindicated you.

I'm sure you could take the issue up with them over on their forums, and maybe get that ban lifted. The truly professional clans not only admin the players on their servers, but they admin their admins as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ebevan_91
                  ...I join a game, find out that both enemy jet pilots are 60-0 and 75-0, so I decide to hop in a jet and dry to take them out. I get TK'd on purpose, I respawn and kill the guy who TK'd me, and I'm the one who gets kicked? The original TK'er gets to fly the jet.
                  I had something similar happen to me on a =SF= clan server. I'm at the chopper pad on Midnight Sun and some dickwad TK's me down to 1 bar of health a couple times. I shoot back the 2nd time and maybe take 1/2 his health off and I'm kicked. I join their TS (being a player in good standing and already having a Prior TS login (invite only)) and ask wtf and tell them what happend and all I get is "we only saw you do it". so ya, don't take the word of a forum member with TS access, just kick and let the griefers go on with their business.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

TTP and FullContactWar are the only NA servers I know of that run 64 player full map rotations and are usually near full. I'm awaiting my USB mic so I can play on them again (my current mic doesn't get on well with Vista, it seems). Sad to hear about the ban, since you're right...servers worth playing on are getting rarer by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Webs961
                      Have you contacted them on their forums and found out what the deal was and if you could get unbanned?
                      I haven't done so yet, I figured I might wait 24-48 hours to see if it was just a temporary ban.

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                      TTP and FullContactWar are the only NA servers I know of that run 64 player full map rotations and are usually near full. I'm awaiting my USB mic so I can play on them again (my current mic doesn't get on well with Vista, it seems). Sad to hear about the ban, since you're right...servers worth playing on are getting rarer by the day.
                      Yes it sucks, I can't wait for BF1943 to come out, I know it's no BF2, but at least us North American's will get decent pings on more than just a few servers.

Comment

Yeah I've noticed these days that so many servers are breeding ground for jackasses and smacktards, compounded by the increasing amount of power-hungry admins waiting to give permanent bans for any little things.

Plus, this new patch seems like it will never come out...

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie
                          Yes it sucks, I can't wait for BF1943 to come out, I know it's no BF2, but at least us North American's will get decent pings on more than just a few servers.
                          Now my goal with any new BF release, 1943 included, will be to play the snot out of the game at the beginning before people develop onemapitis. I guess you could say that people who like a full map rotation get bored easily with repetition and therefore move on to other games, leaving a community of people who don't get bored easily and have no problem putting thousands of hours into a single map. Had I known this would happen and I'd be left with two full price games and between the two of them only two maps to play, I would have burned myself out on them when they first came out instead of only playing when I felt like it.

Having said that, though, I played some Wake yesterday (BF2) and at one point the server had emptied out into a 12v12 and it was boring as all hell. Granted a lot of that is due to the imbalance between the PLA and USMC, but is that what BF1943 is going to be like?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                            Having said that, though, I played some Wake yesterday (BF2) and at one point the server had emptied out into a 12v12 and it was boring as all hell. Granted a lot of that is due to the imbalance between the PLA and USMC, but is that what BF1943 is going to be like?
                            Maps in 1943 were designed for 24 people, not like BF2 Wake which is for 64, so it's scaled down and won't be boring with 24 people on a server.

Comment

I play on TTP's BF2 server quite frequently and also participate in their forums. I've even been banned once by an overzealous admin who claimed I was "aim-botting" when I shot him down in a dog-fight. I appealed the ban in their forums, the ban was overturned in less than a day and the admin has disappeared from the server.

I find that TTP is one of the few full rotation, vehicle servers left where one can find good team/squad play.

Comment

Working...
                              X