Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do all Bf2142 profile URLs resolve to an EA page about a skating game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do all Bf2142 profile URLs resolve to an EA page about a skating game?

i.e. http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...=&PID=81242951

becomes:

http://battlefield.ea.com/language.aspx

is it to help hide the abuse of the scoring system that's going on at the mo?

maybe Pirelli can shed some light there? :|:

Re: Why do all Bf2142 profile URLs resolve to an EA page about a skating game?

DICE members won't answer questions about the game. When there were a few of them posting here, if anyone asked a question about the game they would scatter like Meerkats that have just spotted an Eagle :laugh:

Comment

lol

Well maybe as this is more a question about the website than the game itself, some sort of comment might be forthcoming?

I mean this does seem a bit odd...

Nothing against skating or anything ...just wonder what the hell it has to do with battlefield!?!?

Comment

that's the new upcoming BF3! i heard it will take place in a skateboarding world!

nobody will complain about nade spamming or air rape now! it's all about the skateboard!

Comment

Just email EA and tell them their links are broken. The page it's meant to go to might not exist and therefore it defaults to the closest homepage.

It's happened on this site before, it just gets overseen unless someone mentions it

Comment

Comment

awesome! i just hope i don't get TK'd for the skateboards. how else would you run away from that overpowered walker?

Comment

Jihad skateboard?

Comment

Website error. It will be corrected.

Originally posted by TrooperJac
                  DICE members won't answer questions about the game. When there were a few of them posting here, if anyone asked a question about the game they would scatter like Meerkats that have just spotted an Eagle :laugh:
                  The thing is that I am a leveldesigner, and posting on these forums is not something that is, in any way, part of my job or expected of me in my job. The biggest chunk of the time that I spend in here is, in fact, on my free time. Posting here is purely of my own personal interrest and a small reminder that we are here, reading still.

We have dedicated forums and employees at the EA site for all questions and support, where people who are hired to do exactly that, are at hand to help you guys with any issues you might have with any EA games.

It makes sense to coordinate all community contact in the right channels and through the right employees both for support and questions about current and future games.

I DO have a professional interrest in reading up on your opinions for reference in my work, but I am not expected to post anything. In designer meetings with the producers, I can sometimes mention certain discussions going on in here to shed light on an issue or, depending on the issue, post it to the entire studio so that we may have an open discussion on it between the developers so that it can benefit future released games or patches.

I am not alone sifting through these forums - many of our employees are going through an armada of Internet sites and forums to get a picture of the hardcore and less casual audience opinions.

The problem with the profiles pages for example, is something that most effectively would be dealt with through EA support, and not waiting until a leveldesigner arrives at the forum and reads the post on his free time

I will notify the ones in charge of the site, but please don't wait for the leveldesigner next time. Post straight to support. I might not see every posts in here - especially on my vacation. Thanks

/Pirelli

Comment

i was starting to wonder if i was the only one who had noticed. it's been that way for a few days now. btw, love the photoshop. skateboards the new fav?

Comment

To be clear Pirelli, I only mentioned you as someone who might be "in the know". ...I didn't actually think that it was part of your job description to inform anyone of anything.

Thanks for your response though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli
                        The thing is that I am a leveldesigner
                        Make me another Gibraltar!

Comment

pirelli is it intended you can jump over the walls at church, and if you want, jump on it and run cicrels. if you want to i can show you today(this moring/midday:P) what i mean. i know you worked on cerbere and part time on camp g.

Comment

Originally posted by sempf
                            pirelli is it intended you can jump over the walls at church, and if you want, jump on it and run cicrels. if you want to i can show you today(this moring/midday:P) what i mean. i know you worked on cerbere and part time on camp g.
                            It's ok to jump over the walls at church. You can use the walls in your gameplay like any other walls. You would be quite exposed up there, so most of the time, you would probably be safer moving behind them.

Comment

Pirelli is still alive?!
                              ZOMG.

Comment

Working...
                              X