Favorite RTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite RTS?

AoE2, i forgot about that my bro and some of my friends lan that till this day lol its awesome! I used to play it back in the day non stop as well as RA2 (in fact RA2>>>>>RA3).

AoE3 is also plenty of fun but i keep getting mismatch errors every now and then :s still though a good game.

Comment

Lord of the Rings is a great game but is more of a TBS (Turn Based Strategy) i know the fight sequences are in real time but the game is classified as TBS same goes for the Total War games.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
        Lord of the Rings is a great game but is more of a TBS (Turn Based Strategy) i know the fight sequences are in real time but the game is classified as TBS same goes for the Total War games.
        Battle for Middle Earth? That game? There is no way that was turn based, or I am losing my mind.

Comment

Company of Heroes: Gold edition.

British Commandos > Everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
            Battle for Middle Earth? That game? There is no way that was turn based, or I am losing my mind.
            Your not loosing your mind, who knows what Manzi's Talking about (ohno)

Comment

Dawn of War is a great RTS the expansions are quite worth it too. Although really i would just recommend up to Dark Crusade Soul Storm wasn't all that great. Also Lord of the Rings battle for Middle Earth is also a very decent RTS. If you like the series and **** you will like it.

Comment

...What have i started? lmao, i own WC3, and Starcraft and AoE2. im looking for some new age stuff, i mean yea they were amazing but ive played them alot and then switched to FPS's and mmorpgs...

And yes, actually, i love the LOTR's series. So i might have to try it out.

Comment

Warzone 2100, it's old but fun (also free). It's different from most other RTS's I've played.

Comment

if you go into your local games store, well here in the UK PC World is a better bet, you can get a copy of Homeworld 2 for pocket change

and there has never been an RTS that was anywhere near as beautiful as that game

PROOF: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...&postcount=364

Comment

Dude best thing to get atm imho is Company of heroes Anthology if it is fairly priced.

Comment

Total Annihilation was probably the best RTS I have played, but that was years ago, essentially supreme commander is the successor to it. Company of heroes is very good at a micro/strat balance.

Comment

Empire sounds like the "newest" one. On these lists. Everyone has mentioned everything that I was going to post. Other than the C&C stuff, is there anything newer?

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

You asked for favourite, I post my favourite:

Homeworld
                            Rise of Nations
                            Total Annihilation
                            Company of Heroes

This one isn't really RTS, but it's an intriguing tactical game:

X-COM

That, is the best game ever made. By far.

Originally posted by Kyle
                            It isn't. BME was an RTS. Base-building, unit management etc.

Total War series is what I consider an RTT (Real Time Tactical). The term Turn based strategy is very misleading.

Comment

Star Wars Empire at war is actually pretty fun.

Comment

I'd recommend empire: total war or company of heroes. I haven't messed with E:TOW online though, but I know they're planning on implementing a multiplayer campaign mod sometimes. COH is fun online or off. A

As for the other recommendations, World in Conflict was dead last I tried playing online, same with Age of Empires 2 (although you can still on occasion find a game on gamespy. Both of those games are great though.

Battle for Middle Earth had a pretty decent size multiplayer scene last I checked, but I never really cared for it. And yes, it does have a turn based campaign to it, think its called battle for the ring...at least the second one does, the one everyone still plays.

Dawn of War takes alot of micromanagement, specifically you have to do alot of clicking to respawn in units while they're in battle. Its a good game but it takes a certain type of gamer.

There's an MMORTS that's been out for a couple of years called Saga. Its free, and is a pretty good little game. There's alot they could do to improve it but well I don't know, its worth a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X