• Show
Clear All

• Boreas
    replied
    Re: Favorite RTS?

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
    Really? This makes me a sad panda :cry:
    Dont Do That! Dont Touch There!

I tried out saga, its not bad, just very confussing. Its like, they start you off with some tutorial quests and what not, but it doesnt explain a whole much

Leave a comment:

• MrKLM
    replied

whoops I was talking about Lords of the Realm not Ring

Leave a comment:

• [MyIS]Airborne
    replied

World in Conflict
    Company of Heroes

And until those two games came out, this was the best RTS ever,

ACT OF WAR

AB

Leave a comment:

• TheEn|gma
    replied

Originally posted by VoraciousBear
    I think World in Conflict is my favorite but there are not many people playing online anymore.
    Really? This makes me a sad panda :cry:

Leave a comment:

• VoraciousBear
    replied

I think World in Conflict is my favorite but there are not many people playing online anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Boreas
    replied

This sega thing sounds intriguing, ill give it a try

Leave a comment:

• TGL|FalseLion
    replied

I'd recommend empire: total war or company of heroes. I haven't messed with E:TOW online though, but I know they're planning on implementing a multiplayer campaign mod sometimes. COH is fun online or off. A

As for the other recommendations, World in Conflict was dead last I tried playing online, same with Age of Empires 2 (although you can still on occasion find a game on gamespy. Both of those games are great though.

Battle for Middle Earth had a pretty decent size multiplayer scene last I checked, but I never really cared for it. And yes, it does have a turn based campaign to it, think its called battle for the ring...at least the second one does, the one everyone still plays.

Dawn of War takes alot of micromanagement, specifically you have to do alot of clicking to respawn in units while they're in battle. Its a good game but it takes a certain type of gamer.

There's an MMORTS that's been out for a couple of years called Saga. Its free, and is a pretty good little game. There's alot they could do to improve it but well I don't know, its worth a look.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Will
    replied

Star Wars Empire at war is actually pretty fun.

Leave a comment:

• AllFoamNoBeer
    replied

You asked for favourite, I post my favourite:

Homeworld
    Rise of Nations
    Total Annihilation
    Company of Heroes

This one isn't really RTS, but it's an intriguing tactical game:

X-COM

That, is the best game ever made. By far.

Originally posted by Kyle
    Battle for Middle Earth? That game? There is no way that was turn based, or I am losing my mind.
    It isn't. BME was an RTS. Base-building, unit management etc.

Total War series is what I consider an RTT (Real Time Tactical). The term Turn based strategy is very misleading.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Empire sounds like the "newest" one. On these lists. Everyone has mentioned everything that I was going to post. Other than the C&C stuff, is there anything newer?

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• [GCA]Tim270
    Guest replied

Total Annihilation was probably the best RTS I have played, but that was years ago, essentially supreme commander is the successor to it. Company of heroes is very good at a micro/strat balance.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle101
    Guest replied

Dude best thing to get atm imho is Company of heroes Anthology if it is fairly priced.

Leave a comment:

• MrChris_CJ
    replied

if you go into your local games store, well here in the UK PC World is a better bet, you can get a copy of Homeworld 2 for pocket change

and there has never been an RTS that was anywhere near as beautiful as that game

PROOF: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...&postcount=364

Leave a comment:

• Spik3d
    replied

Warzone 2100, it's old but fun (also free). It's different from most other RTS's I've played.

Leave a comment:

• Boreas
    replied

...What have i started? lmao, i own WC3, and Starcraft and AoE2. im looking for some new age stuff, i mean yea they were amazing but ive played them alot and then switched to FPS's and mmorpgs...

And yes, actually, i love the LOTR's series. So i might have to try it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X