Favorite RTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite RTS?

Im looking for an RTS, something to take me away from FPS's and MMORPGS, while still allowing me to have fun playing it online. Whats your favorite RTS? and which should i buy? BTW, No WC3.

Re: Favorite RTS?

I loved RA2, really did.

WiC is fantastic online, really such a great game.

AoE2 is also awesome.

Company of Heroes is wicked online and offline.

And so is DoW (haven't tried the second one though)

SOOOOO MUCH AWESOMNESS

Comment

I used to play RA2 alot, but im looking for a little bit better graphics then that. I mean, i would go for something WC3 or higher.

Comment

World in Conflict and Earth 2140

Comment

The Total War series is always fun, but I never played it online. And as mentioned, Company of Heroes is great both online and offline.

Comment

C&C Generals: Zero Hour.

Comment

Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes!!!!!!!!

Best best RTS game i have ever played magnificent online and great offline seriously the bots could be very challenging if you don't know how to play or make a few mistakes in battle.

The trilogy pack is selling for 14.99 pounds, but i think you are from the US right?

Anyways my best recommendation is CoH makes a great candidate for LAN , another games is Generals & Zero Hour best with a few mods makes great LAN. I also play Demigod but i guess that's more of RPGRTS than just RTS.

Joint Task Force is another game although you might want to try the demo first, i don't know why but after playing CoH for the first time all other RTS games are nothing to me lol

Comment

Starcraft and WC3 are probably the two best.

Although I did enjoy CoH.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                  Starcraft and WC3 are probably the two best.

Although I did enjoy CoH.
                  Finally someone mentions StarCraft. It's still, by far, the best and most balanced RTS to date...that's my opinion anyway.

I would also recommend Age of Empires 2, or AOE3 if you want to play something with improved graphics.

I'll also cast a vote for COH.

Comment

Company of Heroes
                    Any total war game
                    Wacraft 3 + expansion
                    Starcraft
                    supreme commander
                    World in conflict

All of them great games, brilliant as multiplayer, and some good at single

Comment

Supreme Commander and World in Conflict for modern strategy games.

Dune II and Warcraft for the old crap.

Comment

aaaaah I'm crap at RTS (no logic you see), though I enjoyed Rome Total War, and LOTR:Battles for Middle Earth 1 + 2 as I love Lord of the Rings :awes

Though from the vast list above me it would seem you'd be hard pushed to find a RTS that isn't worth playing...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
                          Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes!!!!!!!!
                          ^This :P

Comment

Listen closely, I shall tell you a secret, we have to be quiet though lest the Starcraft fans send millions of South Koreans after us

the best RTS ever made is...

Total Annihilation

THERE I SAID IT

otherwise consider playing:

Homeworld series (Homeworld should be used as another word for awesome)
                            Total War series - turn based and real time
                            Supreme Commander - Successor to TA, not as good, but with Forged Alliance its oh so close
                            World in Conflict - self explanatory
                            Company of Heroes

otherwise a lot of RTS games these days, sadly will make you actually dumber when you play them, scientific studies have shown for example you lose 1% off your IQ for every hour you spend on C&C3 etc

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                              Total Annihilation

otherwise a lot of RTS games these days, sadly will make you actually dumber when you play them, scientific studies have shown for example you lose 1% off your IQ for every hour you spend on C&C3 etc
                              TA matches took forever...(And SupCom too, for that matter...)

I haven't been a fan of C&C since generals. Tiberium Wars was slightly disappointing, RA3 was just downright bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X