Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Are All the North American Servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where Are All the North American Servers?

Originally posted by Chewie
    Well at the very tip of Florida (Miami) so I tend to ping 100+ on any Euro servers which sucks.

I just looked right now, no populated servers with a ping of less than 100 running a decent rotation (aka not Jalabad, Karkand, or Dragon Valley 24/7).

The servers that I tend to like are:

Texas Team Players
    NUNYA All maps
    Moongamers Mostly Oman
    QUEBEC *USQC* All maps
    Quebec USQC (right at my doorstep - 15ms pings) is usually well populated, so you get good games going. :thumbsup:

Comment

Well, TBF2 used to have one, and then we did one for TBF after the site merge into TGN, but no one played on it. Hell, it used to be mostly air maps and other maps you didn't normally see (NOT Kark).

Comment

Originally posted by Webs961
        Well, TBF2 used to have one, and then we did one for TBF after the site merge into TGN, but no one played on it. Hell, it used to be mostly air maps and other maps you didn't normally see (NOT Kark).
        I think the problem is that it's too hard to get a new server established running maps people aren't familiar with. My guess is that by this stage in the game's life people have pretty much decided which servers they're going to go on and don't venture off that. That, and it's easier to get a Karkand server going because a lot of the IO sheeple see it on the browser and go 'lolomg Karkand!! points0rz!!!one!11!' and since such sheeple are never in short supply you can get enough of them going to have a game. A populated server that runs all maps like TG or TTP is usually long established and have people who have been playing on them for years. Even just relying on TGN members to play there would be tough considering how everyone here has different schedules and lives in different parts of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus
          I/O was the death of BF2
          Ranking was the death of BF2.

Comment

I will still TK.

Comment

When I get it into my head that I want to play BF2 I usually end up settling on QUEBEC *USQC* ALLMAPS for East coast server or servers I get good ping on that are not I/O. I used to have a ton of servers in my favorites for non I/O, but they are all gone except a few which have barely anyone playing on them these days.

I think that a lot of people ignore the servers with pings in the 140s or higher thinking you will have high ping, but you usually have great ping. I know that I get 60-80 ping on a lot of the servers that show up as 140+ ping on the server browser.

Comment

I hate servers the don't report or misreport their ping. BF2's hit registration and netcode isn't that good to begin with, so I don't want to exasperate the problem by playing on a high ping server.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
                  That's cause most airwhores are stat padders, hence the lack of air maps.
                  I'm sorry if wanting to play maps including all vehicle types somehow makes me a stat padder. And what does that even mean at this point in the game's life, anyway... are people still bothering with the statistical manipulations? I think you just have a bone to pick with air aficionados because you never ended up getting your wings.

Comment

There aren't as many good full rotation servers as there used to be, but they are still out there.

Comment

We're going to test out a full rotation server.

Comment

Working...
                      X