Patch 1.5 thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch 1.5 thoughts.

You know what pisses me off? 1943 only coming to the PC in October. What the f*ck is that!? SERIOUSLY.

It's an affront to the people who made the Battlefield series what it is today. So instead of throwing them a bone for their support, DICE leaves them out to dry and says "we're catering to the console kiddies now"?

That sh*t's lame as f*ck.

Comment

Actually sloi thats completely wrong and if you had read the recent developer diary about it you would know.

The reason its coming out 3 months later is because they ARE catering for the PC fan base. They have stated that in order for 1943 to deliver to the PC base then they have to work on it so that when its released its not a console port but rather a hardcore game for a hardcore market. They are doing us a favor not releasing it now.

Comment

I think the console kiddies should wait as long as we have to.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
          Actually sloi thats completely wrong and if you had read the recent developer diary about it you would know.

The reason its coming out 3 months later is because they ARE catering for the PC fan base. They have stated that in order for 1943 to deliver to the PC base then they have to work on it so that when its released its not a console port but rather a hardcore game for a hardcore market. They are doing us a favor not releasing it now.
          That's nice, assuming it's true. I take back what I said...

Comment

Amazing how consoles are taking over the scene. I have to look on in sadness because I can't buy any FPS games for my PS3 because I suck with the controller.

Comment

Originally posted by GunHappyBob
              Amazing how consoles are taking over the scene. I have to look on in sadness because I can't buy any FPS games for my PS3 because I suck with the controller.
              All it takes is some dedication and some practice. You are missing some great FPS out there for the PS3. But I know what you mean as I am mainly a pCer myself but I still play games on the Xbox360 and the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                All it takes is some dedication and some practice. You are missing some great FPS out there for the PS3. But I know what you mean as I am mainly a pCer myself but I still play games on the Xbox360 and the PS3.
                Trust me, I was told how COD4 was very noob friendly. I can barely get a kill and I played it for probably 20 hours total. Using two joystick thumbpads just doesn't work. I then tried bad company and it was the same thing. It just doesn't work for me. I can't aim with precision because the joysticks are springloaded. And none of these console games allow you to customize your controls aside from one measly slide bar with like 5 sensitivity settings. On my pc with bf2 and my deathadder or copperhead mouse I have unlimited setting possiblities. For instance. I like my left to right movement to be very fast and twitchy and I like my up/down movement to be a bit sluggish. Plus I'm just so used to kbm that a controller will never work no matter how hard I try. To me the game is more intense when you have a mouse and keyboard and are in the action. With a controller I just feel disconnected for some reason.

Comment

Having just read the Beta 3 notes, I am so, so, so glad they're putting in the 2142-style deviation spike when going prone. That has been the one feature/fix I have wanted to see in BF2 more than anything since 2142 came out. I haven't played BF2 (except maybe a round or two here and there) in a long time, but now I can't wait for the full 1.5 release and getting back in the game. Thanks DICE!

Comment

Ok I had to break down and do a re-install just to see what the new beta patch was all about. Will be putting in some play time this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                      Kind of like Atari had to do with the left over cartridges of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (video game) for Atari 2600.
                      LOL you mean how they're burried in a landfill? I love that story!

Comment

Originally posted by GunHappyBob
                        And none of these console games allow you to customize your controls aside from one measly slide bar with like 5 sensitivity settings.
                        I think that is one of the main reasons i got away from Console Gaming. I can never really understand why it is so hard to make a controller keymap customization menu in console games. Heck even Goldeneye back in the day had multiple layouts you could choose from for your controller. But nowdays it seems you get one or two canned setups which are designed for the game itself and not people who actually play multiple game types.
                        "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Consoles and games for consoles are for people that don’t want to think about controls, installations, patches and stuff. Just press ON button grab controller are away you go.

Instant fun, instant food, instant credits, instant American Way of Life. And look where it took us? :shakehead:

Couldn’t resist. :salute:

Comment

Working...
                          X