Patch 1.5 thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.5 thoughts.

I was just thinking that if they don't hurry up and release the new BF2 1.5 patch before the next round of BF games come out, BF 1943 and BF:BC2, then what is the point then if more than half of the BF2 players leave to play the new games. I know I won't be coming back to play BF2 once the new BF games come out for the pc. Hell I barely play BF2 at all these days now.

Even now the BF2 section of the forums is not what it used to be.

Re: Patch 1.5 thoughts.

Yeah... the old gray mare she ain't what she used to be.

... ain't what she used to be.

Comment

1.5 is about the closest thing to a 'vapor-patch' that we'll likely ever see. I was actually pretty shocked when they released the public beta, but as expected, there's been nearly no real push for it to get going.

Considering that the beta was supposed to be out December of 08 and the final patch to follow a month later, I'm willing to say that 1.5 will never officially see the light of day.

1943, Bad Company 2 and Heroes will all be released before 1.5, and at this rate, Battlefield 3 will be released before 1.5.

I have a global score of about 46.5k in Battlefield 2, I'll probably play until I rank up at 50k, which should lead me right into 1943, followed by Bad Company 2, and then finally Battlefield 3. Battlefield 2 will be seeing the end of days in the next couple of weeks (or whenever 1943 is released).

Ps. Heroes stinks

Comment

lol Sloi. But seriously, releasing this patch could be a really bad idea, especially if the server connection issues remotely exist. I know for me atleast the 1.5 beta was a none starter, and without proper resources does any want them to have to hot fix the last patch?

Comment

they said that they fixed the connection issues. they were supposed to release a beta 3 but i'm not too sure if they will. it almost sounded that they were just gonna push for a final release. this is quoted from baza:

Yeah, sorry there havent been any updates guys. We are currently between programmers to complete the update but we have sorted the connection issues while keeping the extra level of security on the accounts.

We also have some extra news for you regarding Battlefield 2 v1.50 coming so watch out for that. That will go up on www.battlefield.com and here.

Also we have new Twitter

Official BF2 (OfficialBF2) on Twitter and Official BF2142 (OfficialBF2142) on Twitter if you use Twitter.

Comment

I have played Heroes for some time but BF2 is still much better game for me. If you like BF2 and consider yourself a HardCore BF2 player you wont be playing too much BC2 or BF1943.

That is the main reason why DICE is making 1.5 patch. To give HardCore BF2 fans something to do until BF3 comes. BF1943 us made to introduce old BF1942 spirit to console gamers, and to test new engine on PC. BC2 is another step in same direction before BF3 is released.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi sauce
              Yeah... the old gray mare she ain't what she used to be.

This is the greatest post ever.

Comment

those who leave to play 1943 and BC2 will be back to BF2. It's just a matter of time.

Comment

BF2 players will always be dedicated to BF2, there will be the time were everyone will try out BC2, 1943, and BF3 but if it is not what they expect they will be back to BF2, just how it was with 2142, players went to it and didn't like it and went back to BF2

Comment

BF:Heroes is a horrible abomination of a game. DICE should bury it in a dark corner of the internet and no one should ever speak of its existence. It is the worst BF game and one of the worst video games I've ever played.

As to the matter at hand, I have been gone from BF2 for just over a year. I played hundreds of hours and then moved on and did the same in 2142 and it just got old. A new map and some long overdue fixes (J10 anyone?) would bring me and a few buddies back for a while. The patch notes look interesting and I always did enjoy infantry battles in BF2 more than 2142.

I think 1.5 will breath a little bit of life into the game, but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS[VT_NERD]
                      BF:Heroes is a horrible abomination of a game. DICE should bury it in a dark corner of the internet and no one should ever speak of its existence. It is the worst BF game and one of the worst video games I've ever played.

Was that sarcasm?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts

Was that sarcasm?
                        Not even a little bit. I can't stand that game at all. Even for a beta it's horrible. The only redeeming quality of the game is that it's free so I didn't waste money finding out how horrible it really is.

-PB kicks for error 22 randomly despite PB being updated and functional.
                        -Huge lag spikes every 5-10s that cause me to sit at 0fps for 5s at a time.
                        -Poor match making - allowing people to permanently pick a side is fail (everyone flocks to the side that seems to be better) and whatever skill matching is supposed to occur simply doesn't work.

Comment

The locked sides was a bad idea, I'll give you that. But I have yet to be kicked by PB in Heroes, and lag spikes happen on par with the rest of the Battlefield games. It's not like 2/2142 didn't suffer from those either.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS[VT_NERD]

As to the matter at hand, I have been gone from BF2 for just over a year. I played hundreds of hours and then moved on and did the same in 2142 and it just got old. A new map and some long overdue fixes (J10 anyone?) would bring me and a few buddies back for a while. The patch notes look interesting and I always did enjoy infantry battles in BF2 more than 2142.

I think 1.5 will breath a little bit of life into the game, but not much.
                            Kind of like Atari had to do with the left over cartridges of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (video game) for Atari 2600.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-D-Man24
                              BF2 players will always be dedicated to BF2, there will be the time were everyone will try out BC2, 1943, and BF3 but if it is not what they expect they will be back to BF2, just how it was with 2142, players went to it and didn't like it and went back to BF2
                              good, i can't stand BF2 whores. they should keep playing this game forever so that i don't have to deal with them in future BF games. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X