Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I Run Battlefield 2

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy
    Pretty sure this is about showing off the specs :|: No matter, BF2 can be a bit picky if not setup right, so have fun with that. He'll be back about the time he wants to know how to set it up ... :evil:

nice avatar tho. Oh, and go here if you what to see if you can run a certain game:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
    Whats wrong with asking questions You seem like your against personal assistance

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac
      BF2 will run fine on Vista X64. I'm running 2142 on windows 7 x64 with no problems.

As for display - you should be able to run at much higher resolutions with your system. However it all depends on the resolution of your display. I think it's likely, given the spec of your system, that the display will be able to go higher than 720p.
      What would you advise me to change my settings to ?

Comment

I'm not at all against asking questions. It just seemed to me that since your system could probably run about 8 games of BF2 at the same time, you were more interested in showing off your specs than getting to the bottom of any real questions. Your question should have been, "can five year old BF2 still play on a new, high tech, state of the art, expensive computer system like mine?"

Anyways,for some real help though, find out your monitor specs and max them out, load BF2 and max out all those settings as well, then enjoy yourself, the game still rox.

Comment

Why do you have 8 GB of ram on a Core i7 system? Either thats BS or you have mismatched RAM sizes.

Comment

LOL you caught the troll!

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01
              Why do you have 8 GB of ram on a Core i7 system? Either thats BS or you have mismatched RAM sizes.
              that is what dxdiag tells me sirs :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy
                I'm not at all against asking questions. It just seemed to me that since your system could probably run about 8 games of BF2 at the same time, you were more interested in showing off your specs than getting to the bottom of any real questions. Your question should have been, "can five year old BF2 still play on a new, high tech, state of the art, expensive computer system like mine?"

Anyways,for some real help though, find out your monitor specs and max them out, load BF2 and max out all those settings as well, then enjoy yourself, the game still rox.
                I think his question was more about whether or not BF2 could be played with Vista.

Comment

Why run at 1366x768? With that spec, you can run two BF2 in separate virtual machines with dual DVI-D output all maxed out in 1920x1080 4xAA.

When I run BF2 with my current machine, I maxed it out at 1440x900 with 4xAA. Frame rate never dropped below 80. Vista x64 runs BF series just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01
                    Why is that? He's running 4 2GB sticks right? Or 2 4GB sticks. i7 can run dual channel memory.

Comment

He has a pretty crappy videocard for that kind of processor.

Comment

Working...
                      X