Can I Run Battlefield 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Run Battlefield 2

Got a new computer, it hold Windows Vista 64-bit, is it possible to run the game or no.

Re: Can I Run Battlefield 2

You should be able to run it on Vista but here is a checker to see if your rig meets the requirments

also in order for PB to work you will need to run it as an adminstrator, to do that simply right click on the icon you use to start up, select properties, go to the security tab, and then check the run as administrator box. Do that and your good to go.

Comment

Post your pc's specs and we can tell you..

Comment

If his computer came preloaded with a 64 bit OS, im guessing it probably has enough juice to run BF2 no problem. Most retailers only stick a 64bit OS on a PC that would need it.

Comment

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz(8 CPUs)/// 8182 MB RAM/// DirectX 10/// ATI Radeon HD 4870 Series ---[4083 MB Total Approx Memory]

And what should I really run my computer on. Currently I got 1360x768 (32-bit) (60Hz) Display mode

Comment

is this a JOKE? he could have looked up the system req. himself but coming here in this manner is very fishy.

i think he's just trying to f around with people here. he obviously has a brand spankin new PC, why the HELL would it not run BF2 - a game from years ago.

Comment

lol smells like a troll.. But yeah that PC will run any game on the market without a problem.

Comment

exactly, for someone who buys such a loaded computer, he sure pretends like he doesn't know crap about em. if he was really that clueless about computers, he wouldn't go out and buy a top of the line PC.

this guy fails the troll test.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                  is this a JOKE? he could have looked up the system req. himself but coming here in this manner is very fishy.

i think he's just trying to f around with people here. he obviously has a brand spankin new PC, why the HELL would it not run BF2 - a game from years ago.

LOL >>> ??? are you kiding me. I do not play around on websites, anywho I saw lots of complaints due to Vista not able to run old recent games etc. Thats why I was wondering. Flashing backing to what you said, yes, I did get a "spankin new PC". My old one pooped on me and I really don't want this one to get pooped on anywhere in the next 3-5 years.

But I need info on the Display Setting 1360x768 (32-bit) (60Hz) is that good or can it be optomized into a wider screen, and hold 64-bit ? cause I really don't understand spec info and details. I got a huge Industrial Automotive Design project, and really don't got that much time to be doing serious reserch

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
                  lol smells like a troll.. But yeah that PC will run any game on the market without a problem.
                  Yea, I'm definitly aiming for high quality gaming performance when it comes to buying Crysis 2, BF3, etc

Comment

why don't you ask the people you got your super high tech PC from? i mean come on... you buy a computer like that, you should at least get some of your questions answered and save face from looking like a complete idiot here.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      why don't you ask the people you got your super high tech PC from? i mean come on... you buy a computer like that, you should at least get some of your questions answered and save face from looking like a complete idiot here.
                      lol settle down xD

This is why we have forums for questions like this.. He was just curious as to whether BF2 was compatable with Vista 64 bit.. And yes it is, but as Desert Falcon already stated, make sure you right click the BF2 desktop icon and then click "run as administrator" the first time you play the game

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
                        lol settle down xD

:nod:

Comment

Pretty sure this is about showing off the specs :|: No matter, BF2 can be a bit picky if not setup right, so have fun with that. He'll be back about the time he wants to know how to set it up ... :evil:

nice avatar tho. Oh, and go here if you what to see if you can run a certain game:

Check your system requirements. Can I Run it? Test your specs and rate your gamimg PC.

Comment

*Sigh* , go get a MAC you can play with photoshop.

Comment

BF2 will run fine on Vista X64. I'm running 2142 on windows 7 x64 with no problems.

As for display - you should be able to run at much higher resolutions with your system. However it all depends on the resolution of your display. I think it's likely, given the spec of your system, that the display will be able to go higher than 720p.

Comment

Working...
                              X