X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graphics issue? Viewing vechiles

Originally posted by Alex98uk
    Lol Sloi, how you are wrong.

In most cases, a 64bit OS out performs a 32bit. There were issues with XP64 and early on with Vista64, however, they have all but been ironed out and currently, a 64bit OS will outperform a 32bit OS. Secondly, the IRQ addressing issue of 32bit OS's means that it cannot use a full 4GB of RAM, perhaps not an issue directly with BF2, but perhaps a problem with upcoming games, especially given the silly amounts of GDDR graphics cards have.

Finally, the reason why industry doesn't want to move from 32bit to 64bit is that a lot of companies have custom written applications or systems that date back 5, even 10 years. A transfer to 64bit would mean these programs either become obsolete or have to be modified to run well with a 64bit OS.
    I'm not saying it can't outperform 32-bit operating systems but thus far, their 'superior performance' has only been in certain areas. A lot of hardware is still not fully supported, hence why I suggested that Ph1L plays it safe and dual-boots into a 32-bit OS to play games.

I don't see what the big problem is; if he's such an IT whiz, why not make an image of his current HDD configuration in order to try out a 32-bit OS with the appropriate drivers? He'll know once and for all if it's an issue with 64-bit support, instead of asking a forum full of clueless people what they think.

I mean, f*ck... he's been toiling with this problem for over one and a half years, why hasn't he tried what I suggest within the first two weeks of encountering this problem? :laugh:

Comment

Re: Graphics issue? Viewing vechiles

I don't think it has anything to do with your graphics card or operating system because I had the same problem you did running a 7600GT on XP. Now I'm running a 260GTX (same video card) on Vista 64-bit (same OS) and I don't have those issues anymore. Try maxing your graphics.

Comment

Working...
      X