Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics issue? Viewing vechiles

Look at this:

Jets shows up wierdo, same for choppers. Here, normally the Z-10 - the first thing I see is the propell (spellcheck :P).

Any1 else having this "issue" ?

Playing on 280GTX, newest Nvidia driver. Some other guy from The Netherlands had the same issue as me. Any fix?

Settings:

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 2
    VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 1
    VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 0
    VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 0
    VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 2
    VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setResolution 1920x1200@60Hz
    VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 8Samples
    VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
    VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

Re: Graphics issue? Viewing vechiles

Either looks like a part of the actual mesh is missing or its a LOD issue, Have you tried reinstalling?

Comment

BF2 is completly reinstalled on a fresh Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 installation ... Have had this issue for 1,5+ years I think. Just thought to post about it now, in hope of fixing it. Not easy to spot if jets takes off. The first thing I see is the "flame" from the engine ..

Comment

i've had this happen in 2142. i don't play much bf2 but when this happens in 2142, i assume something is messed up on the server side of things. i wouldn't worry too much about it, it's not in our hands.

Comment

This happens to me too in BF2 , I have no idea way

Comment

Yea, it's "pretty" d4mn annoying

Comment

Vista Ultimate x64 SP2

I'd start with a 32-bit operating system. Then, I'd go with XP to make sure I have the most popular/well-written drivers. Did you choose Vista Ultimate in 64-bit for any particular reason? Since it's a fresh install, you might as well just wipe the entire drive and start over.

Comment

I installed Vista Ultimate x64 for some reasons: Win7 RC1 wasn't released at that time, x64 is way faster (for me), I've said goodbye to XP for long time ago. I don't think Vista causes this.

Using this driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvist...5.85_whql.html , I don't have any problems with Vista at all. Only this issue in BF2 ... Can't remember I had it on my XP or not, way time ago.

Comment

Have you tested different resolutions, anti-aliasing settings and both of these in combination? What about shadows and lighting?

Honestly, I'd just downgrade to Vista x86 (if you're adamant about going back to XP) because I've often read of people experiencing technical problems with drivers/games in 64-bit environments.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Yaa - the same. Even with Nvidia handling the AA & AF, I got the same results. Only BF2 I have this "issue". Every other game runs perfect with Vista x64. 32bit world is history for me

Comment

Adjust your textures to medium and try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
                        Yaa - the same. Even with Nvidia handling the AA & AF, I got the same results. Only BF2 I have this "issue". Every other game runs perfect with Vista x64. 32bit world is history for me
                        I don't understand your reluctance to return to a 32-bit operating system: you're getting practically no improvements in the 64-bit environment and hardware drivers are notoriously more difficult to code properly. Bigger number doesn't necessarily mean better performance dude...

Comment

I work with IT everyday. I'm supporting customers, setting up networks and servers, voip. Sells computers, builds them. And much more ...

My own personal experience is: 64bit is faster than 32bit systems.. Therefor, I'll never go back to 32.

Originally posted by [7ID]B|SPC.JUNO{XX}[MI]
                          Adjust your textures to medium and try that.
                          Thanks, I'll give that a try. In my mind it doesn't make sense that "medium" setting should make it "better". I mean, medium should make it more worse, than in high .. :nod:

Comment

I work in IT as well, and I can guarantee you that at present, 32-bit easily defeats 64-bit in most performance tests, and that's because of sh*tty drivers and hardware compatibility problems like the one you're experiencing with BF2.

Ultimately, you can choose to install whatever you want, but you're only hurting yourself by installing Vista (for one) in 64-bit to play games. Here's my last recommendation before I leave this thread: dual-boot both XP 32-bit and Vista 64-bit in order to play games and work with productivity software, respectively.

I mean, it's up to you: it's either that or keep missing out on important graphical information. Your choice...

Comment

Lol Sloi, how you are wrong.

In most cases, a 64bit OS out performs a 32bit. There were issues with XP64 and early on with Vista64, however, they have all but been ironed out and currently, a 64bit OS will outperform a 32bit OS. Secondly, the IRQ addressing issue of 32bit OS's means that it cannot use a full 4GB of RAM, perhaps not an issue directly with BF2, but perhaps a problem with upcoming games, especially given the silly amounts of GDDR graphics cards have.

Finally, the reason why industry doesn't want to move from 32bit to 64bit is that a lot of companies have custom written applications or systems that date back 5, even 10 years. A transfer to 64bit would mean these programs either become obsolete or have to be modified to run well with a 64bit OS.

Comment

Working...
                              X