Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 and what it could mean for PC gaming as a whole

Originally posted by [1SMB]Gen.Denyerec
    The last shooter I enjoyed was STALKER. No surprise it was a PC exclusive... There's just a certain something about games that aren't dumbed down for ADD afflicted kiddies and those "Casual Gamers" the market loves so much. I get "Casual Gaming", I really do, I just wish the market wouldn't neglect those who want a bit more breadth and depth.
    Indeed, some of us like to play hard.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
      Providing it's a PC exclusive BF3 could well bring the PC back to the front of gaming, or bury it.
      Thats what i was thinking :nod:

It wont really be BF3 if it isnt a PC exclusive, unless the console version takes a back seat not vice versa

I know EA wouldnt think twice about turning its back on the PC, Its the money that talks therefore i can easily seeing it being built primarilty for the Consoles, If this is the case the below will happen

- Maps will be orientated for 32 players, sure they will throw in 64 player support but maps should be designed with the amount of players in mind

- Graphics will be reduced, probably just the BF:BC engine, what we need is a upgraded engine, or even better a whole new one :nod:

- The patches will be based on feedback from the people playing consoles, which as you know does not usually reflect what the PC gamers want

- Probably lots of crappy DLC, although we will probably see this on a PC exclusive anyway because of steam

If the above happens i probably wont buy BF3

Comment

I read recently that Microsoft do not intend to replace the XBox360 anytime soon, in fact they desribed it as "in the middle of its lifespan". Sony are still not in profit yet with the PS3 hardware.

This suggests that the next generation of consoles will not be with us for a few years which means the PC will increase its performance lead. This will be the sweet spot for PC gaming and hopefully will be round about the time that BF3 is released. For this reason I believe that the PC will get an exclusive, or the consoles will get a very trimmed down version at best.

Comment

Frostbite is still a relatively new engine... it hasn't even been used in a PC game yet (technically) so no I doubt BF3 will come with an entirely new graphics engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Elxx
            ...or PSN, where nobody seems to actually wear their headset - they just set it right next to their TV so every game action is echoed back to you with a 2 second delay and analog radio fuzziness.
            I listened to a crying baby for 20 minutes on PS3 1943...

Comment

Originally posted by flippy199
              I listened to a crying baby for 20 minutes on PS3 1943...
              What's worse - gaming whilst having to listen to a crying baby, or someone gaming while their baby cries for 20 minutes? Or maybe it was the gamer crying?

Comment

the reason i dont use voip,someone screaming thru it who bulls havent dropped yet:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                X