• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Console version

nVidia 8300...

It came with the PC im using

Comment

I hope its not on Any Console! should Concentrate on the PC gamers to create the best battlefield they can

Comment

Your consoles are technically limited therefore BF3 for consoles would be a no go, since the console players will whine about features in the PC version that are technically impossible on their cheap gaming system. If they build something for consoles they will have to compromise and lower standards on the PC version.

BF3 must be a PC exclusive there is no other way, this can work.

Comment

I would much prefer if it was developed as an PC exclusive, completely ignoring the console marked.

Not because because I mind console players having access to the game, but because so far "multi-platform" has always meant "console-gameplay".

And there are already a ton run-and-gun shooters out there, I don't need another one.

Comment

BF3, if it's made like BF2, won't be affected in the slightest by the current PC piracy problem. There's no reason for it to not be PC exclusive. If it's like BF2, it's a multiplayer-centric game, and therefore far more difficult to pirate than something like Bad Company 2 - a game that people may just illegally download for the single player aspect of the game.

Players who pirate multiplayer-centric games, however, are forced to play on "cracked" servers which are routinely shut down, unstable, punk buster void, and therefore unranked and probably full of cheaters.

From a sales point of view, there is no reason BF3 needs to be a console release. The piracy problem is going to be minimal, consoles are already getting Bad Company 2, and the limits of a cross-system release generated by the limits of console machines would probably hurt sales, if anything.

BF3 has the potential to be a massive PC release in the same league as BF2 and Team Fortress 2 etc. I'm sure DICE will keep it PC exclusive. It's what the fans are screaming for.

Comment

Originally posted by yeoldehomer
              BF3, if it's made like BF2, won't be affected in the slightest by the current PC piracy problem. There's no reason for it to not be PC exclusive. If it's like BF2, it's a multiplayer-centric game, and therefore far more difficult to pirate than something like Bad Company 2 - a game that people may just illegally download for the single player aspect of the game.

Players who pirate multiplayer-centric games, however, are forced to play on "cracked" servers which are routinely shut down, unstable, punk buster void, and therefore unranked and probably full of cheaters.

From a sales point of view, there is no reason BF3 needs to be a console release. The piracy problem is going to be minimal, consoles are already getting Bad Company 2, and the limits of a cross-system release generated by the limits of console machines would probably hurt sales, if anything.

BF3 has the potential to be a massive PC release in the same league as BF2 and Team Fortress 2 etc. I'm sure DICE will keep it PC exclusive. It's what the fans are screaming for.

I concur with thee.

Comment

So I asked my friend if he would get Battlefield 3 for his xbox, and he went "wuts battlefield" I asked the same thing, and apparntly Battlefield isnt that popular on consoles compared to The PC.

Having it on the consoles would be useless, and wouldn't make as much compared to a pc.

Comment

Yes there is its called money. More sales means more money and we all know how much EA loves money. Businesses need money to survive and games need money so that they can create sequals. The more money made the better really. I'm not saying this is right or wrong but I think it willl be multi-platform like BC2 because they can make more money from it.

I doubt sales will be affected as BC2 will probably come out a while before BF3 comes out possibly even a year/s. It wouldn't make sense to release these games at the same time. Also it doesn't necessarily have to be developed on consoles and then ported to pc. It could be made simultaneously or even ported from PC to consoles. We just don't know. So there is no reason to suspect that just because it might come out on consoles it automatically means were gonna get a poorer game. Wait for BC2 and then comment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
                    Yes there is its called money. More sales means more money and we all know how much EA loves money. Businesses need money to survive and games need money so that they can create sequals. The more money made the better really. I'm not saying this is right or wrong but I think it willl be multi-platform like BC2 because they can make more money from it.
                    You're assuming a connection between "multi-platform release" and "money" in all situations. It's not that cut and dry.

A PC exclusive BF3 will reach the target market of all the PC players who will avoid Bad Company 2 because it's smaller scale, not the original Battlefield... whatever. The people who are after the original large-scale multiplayer warfare that only a PC can pull off, the people who play BF2 - these are the targets of BF3. If they release a multi-platform BF3, then that market, once again, gets missed.

DICE are making BF3 to satisfy that market. Don't get your hopes up for a console release.

Comment

Multi Platform release means potentially more money than a PC release alone. I think this is incentive enough to do given how popular consoles are these days and especially given how well Call of Duty has done since COD4. Also the success of BC on the PS3 and Xbox meant they produced a sequel. So why not release another game on consoles? B1943 for the PC will have more players than the console versions anyway and as far as large scale multiplayer warfare goes isn't MAG for the PS3 going to be 256 player? So I don't think it automatically means it has to have less players on a console or even smaller scale.

I don't think DICE are making Battlefield 3 to satisfy the PC market as there is no evidence for this.

Comment

Developing for consoles and PC at the same time costs money if it didn't we would have seen a Battlefield Bad Company 1 on the PC. Console casual gamers don't want games with steep learning curves like Battlefield 2, they want a game that they can pick up and play, something that the Battlefield series never were. BF3 is a PC exclusive for a reason.

Comment

Multi Platform release means potentially more money than a PC release alone. I think this is incentive enough to do given how popular consoles are these days and especially given how well Call of Duty has done since COD4. Also the success of BC on the PS3 and Xbox meant they produced a sequel. So why not release another game on consoles? B1943 for the PC will have more players than the console versions anyway and as far as large scale multiplayer warfare goes isn't MAG for the PS3 going to be 256 player? So I don't think it automatically means it has to have less players on a console or even smaller scale.

I don't think DICE are making Battlefield 3 to satisfy the PC market as there is no evidence for this.
                          DICE have been hyping up something "for the hardcore PC guys" for ages. It's not BC2, so that kind of narrows it down a bit, doesn't it? This is the PC exclusive title they've been talking about for months. I'm sorry if that comes as bad news to you, but that's how it is.

There are development costs inherent in producing for consoles too. Developers have to pay a fee to Sony each time they produce a game for the PS3, for example. Not to mention that more staff are needed to code/port for each system.

DICE's current console player limitation is 24. That's all their developers are comfortable with allowing along with the games other vast collection of features. If they manage to improve it, it's still not going to match what a PC exclusive title could achieve. Just because one game for PS3 can have huge player amounts, doesn't mean that a game with a different engine/play dynamic could. That's poor logic.

DICE saw the feedback from the PC fans when 1943/BC2 were announced. Stop kidding yourself. They're making BF3 for the original BF market.

Comment

DICE have been hyping up something "for the hardcore PC guys" for ages. It's not BC2, so that kind of narrows it down a bit, doesn't it? This is the PC exclusive title they've been talking about for months. I'm sorry if that comes as bad news to you, but that's how it is.

There are development costs inherent in producing for consoles too. Developers have to pay a fee to Sony each time they produce a game for the PS3, for example. Not to mention that more staff are needed to code/port for each system.

DICE's current console player limitation is 24. That's all their developers are comfortable with allowing along with the games other vast collection of features. If they manage to improve it, it's still not going to match what a PC exclusive title could achieve. Just because one game for PS3 can have huge player amounts, doesn't mean that a game with a different engine/play dynamic could. That's poor logic.

DICE saw the feedback from the PC fans when 1943/BC2 were announced. Stop kidding yourself. They're making BF3 for the original BF market.
                            Lets be clear on something first. Nowhere has it been stated that BF3 is going to be a PC exclusive. So to anyone saying it will be is wrong until we hear from DICE otherwise. All we know is that DICE have been talking about a game for hardcore PC players. This doesn't mean it will be PC exclusive just that they are making a game for hardcore PC players. Yes you could assume that it means BF3 but thats all it is, an assumption. Saying things like "BF3 is a PC exclusive for a reason. " is misleading and incorrect.

Now there could be many reasons why DICE didn't make BC for the PC. They could have just wanted to test the console market after the success of COD4 and didn't want to put the time and effort into making a PC game when BC is basically a cut down version of Battlefield. We just don't know. The costs of producing a console version I don't think would be an issue. This could be why they have made BF1943 for both PC and console, to see how cost effective it is to produce a PC and a console game. They are obviously encouraged by how much money they have made on the console market otherwise they wouldn't have continued to produce games for the consoles.

DICE may be comfortable making BC 24 player on consoles but that doesn't mean they can't make it bigger if they wanted. What I said about MAG was basically pointing out that its possible to make an online FPS with 256 players. DICE have never said it couldn't be as big a scale as the PC version. I'm not saying they will, just that there isn't any evidence to say they couldn't. By saying that it still won't match the PC version is poor logic as there is no evidence for this.

Also I'm not kidding myself I'm just looking at all the evidence and making a decision based on that rather than spouting my personal opinion like its true.

Comment

Hopefully EA/Dice is working close with Nvidia and/or ATi on this game. That way, the developers of the game have access to the cutting edge graphics technology. I want this game to be so nice looking and running that I am forced to upgrade some parts in my computer. This was the case with Battlefield 2. Heck when BF2 was released I don't think there was even a gpu on the market that allowed you to run BF2 at full settings. I remember getting the 7800gtx when it came out because that is what they used when developing the game I think. And the game looked and felt great.

Comment

Lets be clear on something first. Nowhere has it been stated that BF3 is going to be a PC exclusive. So to anyone saying it will be is wrong until we hear from DICE otherwise. All we know is that DICE have been talking about a game for hardcore PC players. This doesn't mean it will be PC exclusive just that they are making a game for hardcore PC players. Yes you could assume that it means BF3 but thats all it is, an assumption. Saying things like "BF3 is a PC exclusive for a reason. " is misleading and incorrect.
                                The "hardcore PC" game that DICE is working on is not BC2. If you're suggesting that BF3 is going to be a console release as well as a PC release, there's really not going to be much different between it and BC2, is there? Why then, is BC2 not a release for the "hardcore PC guys" as well? Because one of the upcoming BF releases, the one for the "hardcore PC guys", is going to be PC exclusive. Logic dictates that this is BF3.

Furthermore, BF3, by title, is the next game after BF2 in the original series. The original series is PC exclusive. The only assumption that's being made here is that BF3 could possibly be a console release. That is an assumption. Saying BF3 is going to be PC exclusive is merely applying the original characteristics of the series to a game that is a sequel to it by title.

DICE knows that the BF2 community, and the PC BF community are wanting a PC exclusive title. As you said, EA/DICE love money, and this is a target market with plenty of it, as BF2 has demonstrated. It'd be stupid for them to target the multi-platform market yet again when the PC market is there waiting for a release.

Now there could be many reasons why DICE didn't make BC for the PC. They could have just wanted to test the console market after the success of COD4 and didn't want to put the time and effort into making a PC game when BC is basically a cut down version of Battlefield. We just don't know. The costs of producing a console version I don't think would be an issue. This could be why they have made BF1943 for both PC and console, to see how cost effective it is to produce a PC and a console game. They are obviously encouraged by how much money they have made on the console market otherwise they wouldn't have continued to produce games for the consoles.
                                Just because they've found success in the multi-platform market does not mean that the PC market has disappeared. You're making assumptions yourself.

They're milking the console success with the Bad Company series, but the original BF series is still very much in development, and the full potential of this series (full squad systems, commander modes, mods, 64-player multiplayer) is only really possible on the PC with a keyboard and mouse.

DICE may be comfortable making BC 24 player on consoles but that doesn't mean they can't make it bigger if they wanted. What I said about MAG was basically pointing out that its possible to make an online FPS with 256 players. DICE have never said it couldn't be as big a scale as the PC version. I'm not saying they will, just that there isn't any evidence to say they couldn't. By saying that it still won't match the PC version is poor logic as there is no evidence for this.
                                MAG is a PS3 release. The Xbox doesn't have hardware any where near as capable. It's also an MMO, a very different style of game than that of BF.

Look at games like Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. There is a discrepancy between the number of players on PC and consoles. The PC can handle twice as much. This is because consoles are not as capable as the PC when it comes to this style of game and player limits.

The evidence to say they couldn't is evident in the fact they haven't, and in the fact that they're thinking of increasing the BC2 and 1943 player limits on PC but not on consoles.

Also I'm not kidding myself I'm just looking at all the evidence and making a decision based on that rather than spouting my personal opinion like its true.
                                No, you're not.

The evidence available from what we know about BF3 indicates that DICE has acknowledged the PC exclusive market, that they have something in development for it, and that a game with a sequel title to BF2 is in the works. Draw the dots, it's not hard.

There is no evidence that BF3 is going to be a console release, and given that BF2 was a PC only release, and that BF3 is the next item in that series, the burden of proof lies on you to prove that BF3 will be any different to BF2 in regards as to which system it is released on.

Comment

Working...
                                X