Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainKirk
    Guest replied
    Re: What will you want for your unlocks?

The Desert Eagle is a .50 Cal semi-automatic handgun, so it is, by definition, completely worthless. I own one. It costs $1.25 a shot and kicks like a mule every time. Completely worthless as a sidearm. But as a conversation piece...

(But seriously, a .45 Glock / 1911 is the perfect sidearm)

Leave a comment:

• yeoldehomer
    replied

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
    Not really, the deagle is still a real weapon. The military doesn't use half the stuff in BF2.
    It's way more than half. All of the standard kits use weapons deployed by the military (at least when the game was developed), and the same goes for quite a few of the unlocks.

The Deagle is ridiculous though, even if the weapons in BF2 aren't actually used by the military... it makes sense to have them on a battlefield. No one uses .50 caliber pistols in the military.

Leave a comment:

• Wizrdwarts
    replied

I like the idea of a BF2142 number and speed of unlocks and ranks, but instead of mostly gadgets and only 8 guns, all different guns for the different kits. I'd like to see at least 4 alternate weapons for each kit (plus pistols and AT/AA weapons), but keep stock weapons unique to their armies so it's not like CoD4 where everyone runs around with the same set of guns.

Originally posted by yeoldehomer
    The two bolded items are a contradiction, lol. The military doesn't use the Desert Eagle.
    Not really, the deagle is still a real weapon. The military doesn't use half the stuff in BF2.

Leave a comment:

• yeoldehomer
    replied

Originally posted by Jam3s121
    And for actual weapons there should be REAL choices, like a ton of weapons!
    for instance theres tons of united states allied weapons we probably will NOT see in battlefield 3 like the famas, the AUG A1, the M4, etc you should be able to literally pick from 5-10 different assault riflles.

Same thing with pistols why can't we get the deagle in this game?
    The two bolded items are a contradiction, lol. The military doesn't use the Desert Eagle.

Leave a comment:

• Jam3s121
    replied

I want to have unlocks similar to battlefield 2142, I liked the idea of working your way up to the top unlock, I think for instance medics/assasult (this class should be meshed together like in 2142) should have to EARN the shock paddles/med pack. )(If the rank system is like bf2142 you can easily get to the third rank in 2-3 games if your a veteran bf player.)

I want to be able to pick from a wide variety of weapons/set ups, medics should be combined with assault and you should pick if you want the frag launcher, or if you want the smoke nades or the shock paddles.

And for actual weapons there should be REAL choices, like a ton of weapons!
    for instance theres tons of united states allied weapons we probably will NOT see in battlefield 3 like the famas, the AUG A1, the M4, etc you should be able to literally pick from 5-10 different assault riflles.

Same thing with pistols why can't we get the deagle in this game?

Leave a comment:

• Col.Bunwhacker
    replied

i doubt they will go back to the BF2 system where it took forever to unlock everything. i think this was part of the reason why so many people were upset and reluctant when they released 2142. they felt they still had a lot to play for and it was a slap in the face. i was looking at some of the achievements in BF2 and they are just impossibly difficult to get. in the end, they want people to buy games more frequently. so they probably won't go back to the insane BF2 model.
    Agreed, although the long time to unlock stuff is less important to me than everyone getting stuff at the same time. I really dislike the idea of not having an equal choice of weapons as the guy im fighting. But yeah i dont like waiting forever either. So i hope they dont go back to a BF2 model also.

edit: And i would much rather have games that they support for several years, then a new game every year. Even if they charge more money for them to do it that way. Or sell an expansion every year or so. Just advetise that upfront. Because the more they try to consolize PC gaming, the more i lose interest in gaming. I dont want a cheap quickly spit out game every year.

Leave a comment:

• M0t0rBreath
    replied

I think the unlocks should be distributed evenly. It should not take too long nor it should be too fast.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

i doubt they will go back to the BF2 system where it took forever to unlock everything. i think this was part of the reason why so many people were upset and reluctant when they released 2142. they felt they still had a lot to play for and it was a slap in the face. i was looking at some of the achievements in BF2 and they are just impossibly difficult to get. in the end, they want people to buy games more frequently. so they probably won't go back to the insane BF2 model.

Leave a comment:

• Col.Bunwhacker
    replied

I prefer unlocks that unlock as fast as possible, if you're gonna have unlocks at all. I would prefer no unlocking at all, just give em out. And calling them sidegrades isnt an excuse for uneven gameplay. I want all the same choices as everyone else, at the same time, or im not liking it.

I hate having to spend a bunch of time grinding to unlock everything. The unlock system of BF2 is one of the reason i dont play that game much. I still havent unlocked everything and i find that really annoying. Btw some of the BF2 unlocks are alot better.. Its one of the smaller reasons, but a reason none the less.

I love new content. Infact i would much rather have a steady stream of new guns and toys added over time for everyone to use, then one batch of unlocks. I get no joy from unlocking stuff. This type of thing could never give me a sense of accomplishment either. Because you dont actually accomplish anything. All it does is make you wait, based on time played, and a bunch of mostly self serving tasks to do, that create some bad ingame behaviours. Like stat-padding and so on..

Ive seen far more bad then good from most stat systems and unlocks. Infact its almost all bad.

The only unlock system that seems ok is the universal unlock thing like whats in bf1943. Where the whole playerbase unlocks something, and the whole playerbase recieves it together at the same time. Now thats an OK unlock system.

edit: They could keep the stat system thing and time played stuff for badges and awards, stuff that dont really effect gameplay. Even the ranks thing is good. Just seperate the weapons from all this. Thats the part i dont like about it.

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    replied

The 2142 system doesnt work for lan play at internet cafes. I was playing it with my brother once and we were annoyed we couldnt revive because the accounts were offline and we couldnt have any basic equipment like defibrillators. A system like BF2 would be better as its more "lan friendly". COD4 isnt even lan friendly except for the fact it has modwarfare.

Leave a comment:

• MrChris_CJ
    replied

indeed

I think the 2142 system would be good to have but it can't be nades and C4 again, that was pretty crap, that said it might be hard finding items etc to give to each class; higher quality scopes or something

Leave a comment:

• Wizrdwarts
    replied

Originally posted by Minmaster
    yea but in the time it takes to unlock all thos goodies in 2142, you get like 1 unlock in bf2 it seems like. the quicker it takes to get on even ground with the others the better it is.
    Even ground? In BF2 you have everything necessary for proper gameplay already available to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

yea but in the time it takes to unlock all thos goodies in 2142, you get like 1 unlock in bf2 it seems like. the quicker it takes to get on even ground with the others the better it is.

Leave a comment:

• Wizrdwarts
    replied

I prefer BF2's unlock system to 2142's. Ideally, BF2 unlocks would only be sidegrades, equally effective as the stock equipment. In 2142 you have to unlock basic equipment like defibs and grenades, and once you unlock them they're only a upgrade, there's no disadvantage to equipping them.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

i hate unlocks too. especially if it takes forever to rank up. i've been trying to level up in BF2 and it takes forever and i never got to unlock the cool guns. got fed up and just stopped playing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X