X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: x-fi related sound oddities

Comment

what sound settings did you export your frag video at? because i've noticed watching youtube some videos seem to now have more detail and quality to them.

Comment

Well... record in at "What U Hear", and I usually export it to a medium-high bitrate mp3 inclusion in the movie file. At least... that's what I think I used. I've moved to vista since then and haven't really gone through movie programs since.

I did have one problem though - for some reason, some files recorded with lower quality sound than others. If you listen carefully, you can hear it in the video (sounds seem dull at times)... no idea why since the settings were the same throughout.

Maybe youtube are finally sorting out their HD streaming?

Comment

yeah i tried those pc350's again. im sorry i just do not like them. i dont think anything will change this.

Comment

went with original gut decision and ordered Tritton AX Pr0ws. should be here in a few days.

Comment

hmm actually i have the tritton ax pros at my house and i have the hd555s at my house, this may be a tad wasteful but i think im just going to keep them both

Comment

yeah i can say at this point that i prefer the trittons for gaming but then if i want to listen to music or watch video or something if i had a switcher box i could quickly go to the hd555s that would be quite nice

Comment

hey if im using the gamecom 777 headphones with the fake 5.1 surround would i get crackling in game if i had eax and stuff on in game too? like would they conflict with one another? or no?

Comment

crackling has nothing to do with the headphones. it's an x-fi and BF2's x-fi mode issue, mostly under vista.

Comment

yeah this is the general consensus is that vista is an audiopHALE os but the thing i dont get is that it doesnt happen on a constant basis it happens more at what i beleive to be random times

Comment

to me it only happens during orbital strikes in 2142. in BF2, it happens at any time randomly.

Comment

made a pro review for the gamecom headset

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iFx2UXXHbU[/media]

Comment

look for SBXF_AZHTHD_2_20_0020_RC4 on creatives forums, they fix all the crackling in 2142. Unofficial drivers but they are the newest.

Comment

meh, not a fan of unofficial drivers, maybe creative can incorporate the fix into their next drivers. they did for BF2, so i remain hopeful.

for now, i have found a way to enable 128 channels on high quality/hardware mode and i am using that until x-fi mode is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                                meh, not a fan of unofficial drivers, maybe creative can incorporate the fix into their next drivers. they did for BF2, so i remain hopeful.

for now, i have found a way to enable 128 channels on high quality/hardware mode and i am using that until x-fi mode is fixed.
                                Unofficial as in the inf has been modified to support all X-Fi cards and not just the 3rd party cards. The drivers are still creatives. They work fine, even the ones before these worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X