Will there be a BF 2143?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a BF 2143?

Well everyone is speculating that there will be a follow up game to BF2 with that being BF3. So will Bf2142 have a follow up game, maybe called BF2143? Would you like to see a BF2143?

Re: Will there be a BF 2143?

If it's on a proper engine this time, sex.

Personally they should take the concept even further. In 2142 they sort of hindered how awesome it could have been by trying to be realistic (no lasers or such). I really would have liked to see a railgun sniper rifle or whatever. A walker that doesn't tip over when you sneeze on it. etc etc

Comment

I hope not...

Comment

Considering how BF2 has a higher pop than BF2142 despite being older, the real question is: is it financially sound to develop and launch a BF2143?

As far as I see, most players are happy with just duking it out in a WWII setting as always.

Comment

But can you imagine BF2142 or a BF2143 with the frostbite engine. Awesome. I sitll wish they would re-release the whole BF1942 game but with an updated engine like frostbite and include stats like BF2. I know BF1943 will be the closest thing I will get to that though.

Comment

Perhaps if there is a frostbite SDK.

Comment

There will never be an official BF2143.

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
                There will never be an official BF2143.
                Never say never.

Comment

I think its actually a really interesting idea, however, it would be nice if DICE were a little more adventures if they were to do a futuristic game again, 2142 was playing it safe style wise.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                    Never say never.

Seeing how Northern Strike is set in 2145 I don't think they'll do it.

That being said I have always hoped they continue it somehow, whether they do kind of a prequal like a 2139 or something around that time, or 10 years after northern strike.

Comment

i think most of the people will be dead and the winning side will be trying to make more babies to bolster thier population 10 years after northern strike

Comment

Personally I would love to see a continuation of the 2142 universe. Modern day or WW2 shooters don't interest me as much. Of all the BF series I think the gameplay in 2142 is the best and the whole modern day middle east theatre thing has been done to death. That said I don't expect another 2142 and maybe thats a good thing. I don't thnk it would be healthy to get pulled into another FPS as much

Comment

DICE said they were developing 5 Battlefield titles which makes me think it's a possibility.

1 : Heroes
                          2 : BC2
                          3 : 1943
                          4 : ???
                          5 : 2143 maybe.

I'd love it, it'd be cool to have 1000 servers like in the old days. assuming people came back of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Moteeph73
                            Seeing how Northern Strike is set in 2145 I don't think they'll do it.

Some of the maps in BF1942 are set in in 1943, 1944, and 1945 as well

Comment

maybe in 10 yrs. it took a long time for them to release 1943 after 1942.

Comment

Working...
                              X