Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: knock knock EA, DICE?

Originally posted by [7ID]B|PVT.Juno{XX}
    Personally I don't want BF3 to be a console game at all. Why should we have to wait on PC for consoles to catch up ?
    As Alex stated, it comes down to money. EA isn't going to put in the time and money in R&D for a PC-only version of BF3. To be profitable enough for the big publishers, they have to be able to put a game out on Consoles as well. Development costs, resources, code, etc, are all shared during development, so it's more efficient and will produce higher profits.

The PC-only BF game we all would like just isn't feasible in the real world anymore (from a large company like EA). We have to remember that when past greats like BF1942, BF2, etc came out, PC was the only real game in town to play online. They sold well partly because PC was basically the only choice. That's no longer the case.

So if we want a big game like BF3, we have to wait until Consoles can run such a game. Then, it will be produced on both Console and PC. Until that happens, it's just not worth it for EA to produce such a game. Spending a lot of money on R&D and making a "small" profit doesn't make sense, when you can wait a few yrs, spend just a bit more money, and make a large profit.

Comment

COD series is an FPS mill. They always popping out an game. I rather have 1 or 2 good quality games come out here and there then several medium quality games like COD 4 and COD 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
        As Alex stated, it comes down to money. EA isn't going to put in the time and money in R&D for a PC-only version of BF3. To be profitable enough for the big publishers, they have to be able to put a game out on Consoles as well. Development costs, resources, code, etc, are all shared during development, so it's more efficient and will produce higher profits.

The PC-only BF game we all would like just isn't feasible in the real world anymore (from a large company like EA). We have to remember that when past greats like BF1942, BF2, etc came out, PC was the only real game in town to play online. They sold well partly because PC was basically the only choice. That's no longer the case.

So if we want a big game like BF3, we have to wait until Consoles can run such a game. Then, it will be produced on both Console and PC. Until that happens, it's just not worth it for EA to produce such a game. Spending a lot of money on R&D and making a "small" profit doesn't make sense, when you can wait a few yrs, spend just a bit more money, and make a large profit.

True... They rather milk the cow then create an Ultra Great game for the small % of pc owners.

Comment

The infrastructure of the network has to expand aswell.

From what I hear the landscape of digital entertainment might change dramatically in the future, for better or for worse.... Its all up for debate and well have to see.

Comment

I'm just hoping for a PC exclusive BF3 so I don't have to hear/see console guys/PC guys arguing over what's better and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by FearofWarman88
              COD series is an FPS mill. They always popping out an game. I rather have 1 or 2 good quality games come out here and there then several medium quality games like COD 4 and COD 5.
              CoD4 was medium quality?

And Battlefield isn't? Vietnam? 2142?

Comment

Updates/New Games are good.

We need em.

Comment

Working...
                X