knock knock EA, DICE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knock knock EA, DICE?

I haven't been playing bf2 or have been paying a lot of attentions to new news about bf3 but I was just wondering what EA and Dice are up to all these times. Call of duty's got world at war right after modern warfare and already a modern warfare 2 is comming out.
    Correct me If I am wrong but sometimes I feel like there isn't one comming out because bf2 is so dam great that it doesnt feel the need to be scared of competition to make a replacement right away. Though at times I also feel as though they are afraid to make another one because bf2 is so dam great that they know they will fook it up like 2142?

Re: knock knock EA, DICE?

The reason there are so many CoD games is simply due to the goldmine that is the console market. A market which surely DiCE wants to tap into with the battlefield franchise.

A full-scale battlefield simply wouldn't work on the console hardware/network, so that's why we're seeing smaller scale game like BC2 and 1943.

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk
      I haven't been playing bf2 or have been paying a lot of attentions to new news about bf3 but I was just wondering what EA and Dice are up to all these times. Call of duty's got world at war right after modern warfare and already a modern warfare 2 is comming out.
      Correct me If I am wrong but sometimes I feel like there isn't one comming out because bf2 is so dam great that it doesnt feel the need to be scared of competition to make a replacement right away. Though at times I also feel as though they are afraid to make another one because bf2 is so dam great that they know they will fook it up like 2142?
      Hahaha, wow.

Comment

They're trying out new ways of making games and distributing them, and has focused more on destruction than the large scale of the earlier BF games.

BF2 and 2142 still have plenty of players, and they are releasing small patches for the loyal players to "keep them happy"... they don't want to make a copy of a game that's still very popular.

Comment

The new Battlefield games are not designed to replace Battlefield 2. They are different spin off of the BF franchise (whether that is right or wrong is open to debate). I believe they are a testing ground for Frostbite on PC and what the engine is truly capable of.

I see them as cool fillers between BF2 and BF3, testing the true strength and capabilities of Frostbite so it can be fully utilised and implemented when it comes to making a sequel. If i'm right, and I think I am (although that has led to trouble in the past), we should see the majority of problems ironed out for a BF3 release and potentially more in game content due to research and feedback from 1943 and BC2.

As IQue said, it's also testing different market distribution and pricing tactics. Given that the market is so tough, companies to need to reshape and be able to cope with what is being thrown at them. I believe DICE and EA are going through a transformation stage at the moment.

In my eyes, I see DICE as having expanded rapidly and with that comes problems, for example reduced product quality (as could be seen in rushed patch releases) and some rather "interesting" upcoming game releases (I still love Heroes though!). They are simply reshaping their business to best suit the market (us) whilst maximising revenue to source new technology, staff and projects.

Change is never easy and often causes problems for both the company and consumers. But, if planned right, the result could be very good. I have trust in DICE that they are capable of making both an epic console and PC game and I think people need to learn to be patient and accept the fact that change needed to happen (BF2 players especially!)

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk
            So far, nothing has been announced in regards to BF3. I do believe it will be coming, eventually.

Click the blue link in my signature...there was a topic about it in another forum section, and I put down some of my thoughts there as to why/when. In a nutshell...BF3 would have to be a large-scale game. Current Consoles can't handle such a game, and making a PC-only game in today's market isn't profitable enough. I think BF3 will come along once the next generation of consoles (Xbox 3, PS4) comes out. Then, they will have the computing and network power to run such a game, and it can be released on both Consoles and PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
              So far, nothing has been announced in regards to BF3. I do believe it will be coming, eventually.

Click the blue link in my signature...there was a topic about it in another forum section, and I put down some of my thoughts there as to why/when. In a nutshell...BF3 would have to be a large-scale game. Current Consoles can't handle such a game, and making a PC-only game in today's market isn't profitable enough. I think BF3 will come along once the next generation of consoles (Xbox 3, PS4) comes out. Then, they will have the computing and network power to run such a game, and it can be released on both Consoles and PC.
              If you are talking about BF3 coming out when the next gen consoles come out then we have ahwile to wait. From what I hear the PS3 is expected to last 5 or 6 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                If you are talking about BF3 coming out when the next gen consoles come out then we have ahwile to wait. From what I hear the PS3 is expected to last 5 or 6 more years.
                Ah yes, but what about the 360? It's getting on up there in age, and there are rumors about that Microsoft may reveal its plans for the "next gen" Xbox at E3, although I don't believe they're ready to do that just quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Webs961
                  Ah yes, but what about the 360? It's getting on up there in age, and there are rumors about that Microsoft may reveal its plans for the "next gen" Xbox at E3, although I don't believe they're ready to do that just quite yet.
                  We will just have to wait and see. Even though they might reveal its plans for the next gen Xbox it will probably still take a year or 2 for it to go into production and released for retail.

I still think BF:BC2 is the so called BF3. It just makes sense.

Comment

Personally I don't want BF3 to be a console game at all. Why should we have to wait on PC for consoles to catch up ?

Comment

Originally posted by [7ID]B|PVT.Juno{XX}
                      Personally I don't want BF3 to be a console game at all. Why should we have to wait on PC for consoles to catch up ?
                      Because people who buy PC games are outnumbered by those who steal them if you believe the numbers thrown around.

Comment

Because consoles are more profitable. Simple business really.

Comment

Because people pirate the PC games and put them on Torrents. Simple, but sad.

I also believe that BF:BC2 will be BF3 because it just looks so damn awesome

OR

If that's not the case, I reckon DICE will give us a nice surprise.... :P

Because people pirate the PC games and put them on Torrents. Simple, but sad.

I also believe that BF:BC2 will be BF3 because it just looks so damn awesome

OR

If that's not the case, I reckon DICE will give us a nice surprise.... :P

Comment

Then again BF1943 and BF:BC2 might be for testing of the frostbite engine which will lead up to the release of BF3.

Comment

maybe frostbite engine is not ready for a full blown BF game in the sense of 64-player mayhem. maybe when the hardware is capable and their engine is refined, we can have what we should've been given.

Comment

Working...
                              X