Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Sights vs Hip Shooting

Originally posted by AmericanDad
    ABSOLUTELY! it's most noticeable with the m16. In 3 shot burst, I will mow down entire squads firing from the hip but miss a guy from 3 meters with the iron sights. But bf2 is so random who knows which is actually more accurate.. it's just one of those things, like the mp5, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....
    It might be the recoil and that most of the ironsights in BF2 are off.

Comment

Rambo shoots from the hip and look at his progress

Comment

Definitely iron sights!

One way to find out for yourself is to go to a light colored wall, take about 10-15 yards distance and try to shoot with iron sights, while repressing recoil, as much bullets in one spot as fast as you can. Then do the same from the hip.
        Notice the time the cross hairs need to pinch or focus in between shots from the hip and the wider spray of bullits as a result of that.

Comment

Shooting from the hip will always be better if you can be accurate.. There is really no argument there. It's just, how often can you accurately do it.

Personally when I play, it looks exactly like that video posted ^. I hardly ever go into iron sights, unless it is for long range (as in over 100m or something).

Comment

I never go full auto hip fire or iron sights it's inefficient. Even with the AK-101 I burst fire from the hip at short-medium ranges. It only takes 3 bullets to kill.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
              Iron sights are more accurate, but this is as much as a flaw as it is a virtue.
              Reason being, BF2 (pre 1.5patch) has bad hitboxes. Firing from the hip has a wider spray, and so you fire at the animation and the hitbox.

But it all comes down to the circumstance.

Shooting from the hip can be used very effectively for mid range running targets, when used as single shot. The bullets actually fire in the centre of the cross hair so you have a clear aim at your target. However this method is slower to get 4 hits on a target. However if the target is running, this method can be favourable if they are not returning fire.

However this forum is full of noobs so if you want decent advice, get it from me, or watch a frag movie.

This guy Unrealitas uses the single shot from the hip thing i was talking about.
              The very first shot he does shows how he uses shooting from the hip for long range.
              Wipido showcases a collection of gambling, gaming, crypto, investment and streaming related videos for your viewing entertainment. We aim to educate people so

You can also see the majority of his kills are from the hip, unless he fires at a static teget.

Although hitboxes are fixed in the new patch. This means iron sights will now be more accurate and effective and thus this firing from the hip method may become far less effective in comparison.

Err thats a cool vid , shame he is using an anti recoil macros , please don't insult us and tell us other wise .Anyone don't belive me then check out how quickly he fires his pistol , impossible with a sperate mouse click .

You have now mislead everyone who has looked through this post , Eirther by your own inexperince of infantry play or you are using macros yourself .

Comment

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
                Err thats a cool vid , shame he is using an anti recoil macros , please don't insult us and tell us other wise .Anyone don't belive me then check out how quickly he fires his pistol , impossible with a sperate mouse click .

You have now mislead everyone who has looked through this post , Eirther by your own inexperince of infantry play or you are using macros yourself .
                I don't see how he is hacking... I can shoot just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                  I don't see how he is hacking... I can shoot just like that.
                  I did not say he was hacking , i said he was using a third party piece of software , probably something like a script .

If you look when he uses the pistol there is no way on gods earth you can fire that quickly , Autohotkeys probably .

The only reason I know is I have messed around with them to see how theese so called pro players get so many many kills and I could bann them on my server . My crappy stats as follows to show I have not been using them http://bf2s.com/player/65414354/

2380 hours play time and over 600 hours admin time says I know .

Please guys I promise you this player is not playing ball , deffo script / macro user , there is just no recoil from his shooting at all wich you will get if you dont use Iron sights , there is a degree of correction using the mouse for this and more so with an M16 , just pull down a little with each burst , but no way with the AK .

Shame he has to use them as he appears to be a good player anyhow .

Comment

Very obviously scripts running in that video. Most clearly visible when he goes back and forth around corners and his aim tracks the enemy even from behind the corner. Too much one shot headshots when attacking multiple enemies. And then that afore mentioned automated pistol burst. No way!

Comment

I have a Razer Lachesis I can fire my pistol faster then the guy in the video, without a script...

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                        I have a Razer Lachesis I can fire my pistol faster then the guy in the video, without a script...
                        Yes but could the mouse give you an anti recoil scrpit ?

Comment

Originally posted by MuZzA
                          Rambo shoots from the hip and look at his progress
                          thats when i do movies but FTW ironsights,hip shooting is a bit e-penis....no?:laugh:

I cant believe this is a thread*lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
                            Yes but could the mouse give you an anti recoil scrpit ?
                            My mouse makes me peanutbutter sandwiches

Comment

We didn't talk much about that part but I want to talk about that because this a part of the deus ex gameplay and the realism part

I've spoken about that in a weapon functionality thread but it wasn't very depth about the aim because except the ironsighting we didn't have a real tweak about that.

Some players wanted the same DX tweak, some others wanted a "more modern" tweak, but we haven't any precision and information about that.

I think and I hope this one could be a good thread

Comment

Working...
                              X