Iron Sights vs Hip Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Sights vs Hip Shooting

I've found out that through the four years I've played BF2 that you typically have much better accuracy shooting from the hip rather than pulling up and using your iron sights, it does not make sense, it should be the other way around. Has anyone else experienced this phenomena?

Re: Iron Sights vs Hip Shooting

close range = hip
    long range = sights

Comment

I got into the habit of using iron sights, I don't know if it actually improves my accuracy mathematically speaking, but psychologically I think it does.

Comment

I was thinking, as you know, since the iron sights on most weapons aren't exactly centered, maybe firing from the hip would be more accurate.

Comment

DICE claim that the iron sights are the best way to shoot if you want to hit anything.

99% of the time I use iron sights , the only time I shoot from the hip is if I have a guy in my face , like 1-2 meters away from me , I will shot from the hip and blast him in the face

Comment

I usually fire from the hip because quite honestly, you aren't that much more accurate with iron sights and it's easier to remain mobile if you're not in sights, you can see more around you and it's easier to get the hell out of there if you need to

Comment

Depends on the weapon, usually iron sites if they havent seen me or are a long way away. Otherwise its from the hip.

Comment

Fire from hip close-medium range, iron sight only at targets far away.

Comment

Iron sights are more accurate, but this is as much as a flaw as it is a virtue.
                  Reason being, BF2 (pre 1.5patch) has bad hitboxes. Firing from the hip has a wider spray, and so you fire at the animation and the hitbox.

But it all comes down to the circumstance.

Shooting from the hip can be used very effectively for mid range running targets, when used as single shot. The bullets actually fire in the centre of the cross hair so you have a clear aim at your target. However this method is slower to get 4 hits on a target. However if the target is running, this method can be favourable if they are not returning fire.

However this forum is full of noobs so if you want decent advice, get it from me, or watch a frag movie.

This guy Unrealitas uses the single shot from the hip thing i was talking about.
                  The very first shot he does shows how he uses shooting from the hip for long range.
                  Wipido showcases a collection of gambling, gaming, crypto, investment and streaming related videos for your viewing entertainment. We aim to educate people so

You can also see the majority of his kills are from the hip, unless he fires at a static teget.

Although hitboxes are fixed in the new patch. This means iron sights will now be more accurate and effective and thus this firing from the hip method may become far less effective in comparison.

Comment

Iron sights unless I'm within 10m of the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
                      However this forum is full of noobs so if you want decent advice, get it from me, or watch a frag movie.
                      So I assume you got a lot of competitive experience? Since your so pro why create topics asking for aiming - reflex - twitch - shooter games?

Weren't you the same guy that said that medics can't multi-task and therefore reviving and healing teammates is not their job?

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                        So I assume you got a lot of competitive experience? Since your so pro why create topics asking for aiming - reflex - twitch - shooter games?

Weren't you the same guy that said that medics can't multi-task and therefore reviving and healing teammates is not their job?
                        You come on forum to slag me off? lol Nice job.

*sigh*

1. asking for games does not mean I lack experience or knowledge.
                        2. I argued medics do not have to revive people, just because you feel they should.

It is true you are all noobs when it comes with this sort of thing. Its not your fault, its society, the masses are always stupid and that is why they are "the masses".

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
                          You come on forum to slag me off? lol Nice job.

*sigh*

1. asking for games does not mean I lack experience or knowledge.
                          2. I argued medics do not have to revive people, just because you feel they should.

It is true you are all noobs when it comes with this sort of thing. Its not your fault, its society, the masses are always stupid and that is why they are "the masses".
                          Slag you off? Haven't you just called all the TGN forum members "noobs", and advised to disregard their opinions?

1. I'm not asking you for games, I'm asking if you have competitive experience (CAL, CEVO, TWL ect)
                          2. Skip
                          3. Yes, your superior to everybody, why do you even come on forums to get into discussions with some "noobs"?

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                            Slag you off? Haven't you just called all the TGN forum members "noobs", and advised to disregard their opinions?

1. I'm not asking you for games, I'm asking if you have competitive experience (CAL, CEVO, TWL ect)
                            2. Skip
                            3. Yes, your superior to everybody, why do you even come on forums to get into discussions with some "noobs"?
                            Just ignore him, he probably some misguided goth or anarchist thinking that everyone is the same and he's trying to be different but in doing so is being a douche and joining the "wannabe" crowd. :dead:

Edit: I see he's been banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie
                              I've found out that through the four years I've played BF2 that you typically have much better accuracy shooting from the hip rather than pulling up and using your iron sights, it does not make sense, it should be the other way around. Has anyone else experienced this phenomena?
                              ABSOLUTELY! it's most noticeable with the m16. In 3 shot burst, I will mow down entire squads firing from the hip but miss a guy from 3 meters with the iron sights. But bf2 is so random who knows which is actually more accurate.. it's just one of those things, like the mp5, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....

Comment

Working...
                              X