X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ezekiel Vs TheQ

Originally posted by Shazanelli
    If you guys choose a west side server, both sides should have about 80-100 ping. It's the only fair way I can think of doing it.
    There you go Ezekiel its prof:thumbsup:take us on:guns:

:thumbsup:thais can hapen with the beast of ua and na.

Comment

I'm finding it quite funny that a lot of you seem to think it's going to happen. I don't think you guys quite understood my post.

All the best European/UK players play clanmod for matches, (that's clanmod, not pro-mod. Promod was some American thing that didn't last, Clanmod is made by a Swedish developer named Sharkbait and has been in use in Europe for at least 1 and a half years) and clanmod only. Why? Simple reason. All the sponsored LAN events that take place (mostly in France and some in Germany) all use clanmod as their standard match format. The main European league (ESL) is clanmod only for infantry combat. The best players simply don't play in any other format. This isn't an excuse - this is FACT.

Also, if it's the best of Europe you REALLY want to face, then there's a more substantial ping worry than you might've thought. One of the best teams was prior.eS (sponsored by Razer), and they're Russian. So the most neutral server would be UK, where a west coast player would ping circa 200? And if it was American servers, the likes of say haXy and triggy would just laugh. Then we have Spanish players who have horrendous internet anyway before even thinking about crossing an ocean.

Finally, motivation: Why would Europe's/UK's best players rally together and form an uber-squad to take down America's finest because of a forum challenge they couldn't give two craps about? And then to play in a ruleset they have no interest in?

Now don't read into this as a pussying out post. I for one would play a match if it actually proved anything. But Europe's/UK best players are hardly going to come at Ezekiel's beck and call because TheQ got wound up enough by Ezekiel's provoking on a forum somewhere that they don't care about, which incidentally he's probably finding hilarious. The closest you'll realistically get to what you're looking for is a fun match comprised of your pick of America's finest and Europe's pick of "whoever can be arsed".

But yeah, best of luck with that ^^. Although with your current proposed ruleset and lack of incentive for the Europeans, I'm not betting on this ever coming into fruition. Especially since I've already xfired Ezekiel and told him about this thread and the answer could be summed up by : "lol". So if he hasn't sought out your xfire already, I think you've probably got your answer already from him

Carry on the thread though, I love to see pointless hope. By all means organise a match, but doing it because you're responding to provokation by Ezekiel is the wrong way tbh - hell, you even named the thread "Ezekiel vs TheQ", why don't you guys go have a nice 1v1 then come back and organise something with some merit. You'd stand a better chance with 50/50 servers, 50/50 ruleset etc etc etc, but I don't see that happening given that you're looking to best Ezekiel, not look for a game that's motivation for both teams to play.

Comment

always count on lolyn to get hot and bothered about national pride type stuff.

its like "oh, i am not uber l33t but my COUNTRY and countries close to me are.."

Comment

Not hot and bothered... but interpret what you will and how you wish, even if it means missing the point. This and... well, it appears to be the American "pr0w" contingent which has its feathers ruffled over Ezekiel more than anything else. I'm just pointing out that this thread is a rehash of a rehash and ultimately will culminate in an e-peen war where both sides make themselves look like tits . Or will get locked when Ezekiel comes back and you guys get further wound up by anything he says. Hilarious actually that TheQ has been that wound up enough to make it a personal challenge and thought enough of it to ignore that Eze probably doesn't care about his challenge at all.

Oh, and speaking of national pride, I play for team Wales, we're the best because there's only 3 of us, and most of the rest of my country is filled with sheep. Win.

But yeah, now I've sufficiently urinated on the proverbial bonfire, you guys carry on wasting your time... :P

Comment

but yeah one thing i would have to agree that some of these turds got pretty hurt from some of the brash comments that were made and this whole thing is pretty stupid

Comment

We definitely agree on that. Don't worry though, I have worked out a foolproof solution which will end this charade.

Tetris. Ezekiel vs TheQ, highest score wins. Taking bets until tomorrow, match is Sunday. Game on.

Comment

will you guys just put your e peen's away? Nobody cares. :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn
                  Hilarious actually that TheQ has been that wound up enough to make it a personal challenge and thought enough of it to ignore that Eze probably doesn't care about his challenge at all.
                  P
                  That guy did come on a public forum bragging that he was 5 times better than any other player on here. If another player offers to take him up on that score by asking for a match - whats the problem.

Yes it is easy to talk on forums and make excuses that the challenger isn't important or that they wouldn't play the way bragger prefers or that anyways pings would be wrong. Some people might say that said guy was just a bit of a penis and should maybe keep quiet. I of course would never say such a thing but you know what people are like.

But like you said Lolyn - it's really not important in the scheme of things. Tis only a game after all.

Comment

Here is what needs to be done, all these elite players from US and the guys from Europe or wherever the other top guys are, all fly and meet at a determined location where they can play in a lan setting with the same exact hardware, ping, etc. and have the amazing 5v5 or whatever match you are looking for, that way nobody can complain they had lag, or my computer is worse than yours or the usual crap and then come back here an post the results and then you can brag you are better than they other geographic area, but guess what, nobody will care, this is a 2 1/2 year old video game lol!!

How about everyone just enjoy what is left of this game, play whatever style they want, vanilla, clanmod, whatever, and just get over the egos lol.

Comment

Lol couldn't be bothered to read the last couple posts but I'm in for the Euro team if they want me.

Comment

Originally posted by BF.pAc*Alt+F4=HaxxxoR
                        Lol couldn't be bothered to read the last couple posts but I'm in for the Euro team if they want me.

Don't hold your breathe blindII, I doubt they would want a confirmed hacker on their team as they would probably have to forfeit if they won then.

Comment

Originally posted by BF.pAc*Alt+F4=HaxxxoR
                          no one wants a hacker.

Comment

OK, how about an online poker game :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                            X