big pile of crap needs to be dealt with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: big pile of crap needs to be dealt with

When the game originally came out, The voss was weaker, so the extra 10 bullets in the clip was alright. But then they dumbed down the Assault riffles by reducing the recoil and increasing the damage. That's when i started hating the Voss, eventhough it was the weapon i was whoring at the moment. But i definitely felt the increase in power they gave it.

Comment

To truly even it out, the Voss needs to suck even more at long range. Right now, it has a very small damage dropoff at long range whereas the Baur at long range, by comparison, has a huge damage dropoff, to the point where the damage past 50(?)m is almost the same for both guns. There's no way a Light Assault Rifle should have even comparable damage to a Heavy AR at long range, and the accuracy of the Voss on single shot isn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be (sure, full auto isn't really an option at that range, but why should it be?). With 40 rounds, 900RPM, decent damage, and more than passable long-ranged accuracy, there's a reason the Voss is chosen more than any other AR. The Krylov is pretty much just a Voss with 30 rounds and less recoil.

Comment

The difference people seem to ignore, the reason Voss is portrayed as a noob weapon is because it requires no skill to run and gun, majority of voss players just spray 40 bullets from there hip, and thats what the gun excels at, spraying everything in sight, and with it's ridiculously large Clip size, and the fact it has pinpoint accuracy from the hip makes it a noobs choice.

Personally i would rather have a Krylov in my hand, because i actually play with skill, and if i can't have a krylov il go for the scar. The scar rocks but people are afraid to use it because it requires you to actually aim, and it shoots relatively slow, making the close range battles harder.

Comment

I use Krylov and Scar only.

To me personally both guns don't have much recoil for me and fires fast and accurate. Voss got a huge recoil; I use assault like BF2 medic. I stay mid range and pick off infantry using burst rather going full auto point blank. Of course, point blank, 35 slugs will guarantee a squad of dead soldiers lol.

My question lies is it because everyone uses the Voss that's why it's considered by some as Noob weapon?

Well then that would be the same in flying that everyone who flies Talon only with 1000+ EU hours and 500 PAC hours playing 1500 hours of titan? Because Talon track better? Doragon missiles don't track talon missile well? Shields work 80% of the time?

Anyway, that's a different topic, seems to be that what the norm uses is considered noobie because it's easy to use?

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel
            The difference people seem to ignore, the reason Voss is portrayed as a noob weapon is because it requires no skill to run and gun, majority of voss players just spray 40 bullets from there hip, and thats what the gun excels at, spraying everything in sight, and with it's ridiculously large Clip size, and the fact it has pinpoint accuracy from the hip makes it a noobs choice.

Personally i would rather have a Krylov in my hand, because i actually play with skill, and if i can't have a krylov il go for the scar. The scar rocks but people are afraid to use it because it requires you to actually aim, and it shoots relatively slow, making the close range battles harder.
            +1

I love my Krylov...
            I don't love my Scar as much but I still like it...
            I disowned the Voss a long time ago...

Comment

I only use krylov and scar. Wierd thing is.... to me the krylov is more comfortable to use, but I get much higher accuracy % with the scar.

Comment

i have

44.5% with the baur
                43% with scar
                42% with krylov

and lol

34% or somethin with the voss

but lets keep this hush hush all of my 45+ thousand voss kills are from a heLLong time ago

Comment

Considering you move the mouse and hold down the mouse button to fire for both , the "skill" required, is exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel

Originally posted by BF.pAc*Alt+F4=HaxxxoR
                    +1

I love my Krylov...
                    I don't love my Scar as much but I still like it...
                    I disowned the Voss a long time ago...
                    Originally posted by Field
                    i have

44.5% with the baur
                    43% with scar
                    42% with krylov

and lol

34% or somethin with the voss

but lets keep this hush hush all of my 45+ thousand voss kills are from a heLLong time ago

i suppose we should all just shut up and obey as to what weapon the "pros" tell us to use eh?

espically love fields ingame crying about rockets.

as for the voss being a noob gun. you all seem to love the krylov alot. why is that exactly.

my expirence with the krylov is that it is in fact easier to use than the voss. it takes less aim seems to have less recoil and all round kills the enemy faster.
                    and as for spraying. come on, are you guys being serious? hip fire with a krylov is way more accurate than the vosses hip fire.

seems to me that you "pros" are just getting upset because you are getting killed by people of which you class as "lower skilled" than you.

The real issue of this thread is that there are few individuals around here that think because you don't play it their way you are unskilled.

Well everyone is entitled to opinions and i think that if all you play is assault on city maps then you have a false sense of what skilled really is. If you remove every aspect of the game that you consider unskilled and spammy, then you are really limiting your gaming experience. In the end you will end up with a limited skill set with no ability to adapt to new situations.

To me skill is being able to use all weapons effectively and also how to counter all weapons effectively.
                    i think that is pretty accurate. (from the rockets thread)

Comment

I agree with radien, the krylov is much easier to use then the voss... hey but lets not let this get out of hand or someone might :locked: this thread :laugh:

Comment

I think the Krylov is a bit easier to spray, both scoped and unscoped.

Originally posted by Juno[XX]
                        Considering you move the mouse and hold down the mouse button to fire for both , the "skill" required, is exactly the same.
                        Um no. There's factors other than just what you need to press to fire a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by visionseizures
                          i suppose we should all just shut up and obey as to what weapon the "pros" tell us to use eh?
                          i think krylov = voss personally

krylov has lower recoil and is better at long-er range @ voss is better up close and has better strafe and spray damage capabilities the ony thing that bugs me is the 40 round mag. i hear alot of people say "oh but if you get rid of the 40 round mag it would be a bad gun" uhh no that is only if you are bad.

srsly you have the voss, krylov and scar all have the same bullets per mag it would be moar perfect.

Originally posted by Abs0lute_Zero
                          I agree with radien, the krylov is much easier to use then the voss... hey but lets not let this get out of hand or someone might :locked: this thread :laugh:
                          yeah somebody's dumbness has never ceased to be a big buzzkill every time i am enjoying heated threads. i think somebody should go eat some 'dont-butt-in' muffins with some chill sauce on top.

Comment

Working...
                          X