Attitude towards Piracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attitude towards Piracy

I download all the music and any single payer games I can get.. I'm the cancer that is destroying our media and gaming industry..

KthxBAI..

Comment

I buy everything that I use, all of my music comes from Amazon.com purchased from their online store which is DRM free and almost all albums are like $10.00.

I buy all of my games, but I also don't buy every game that comes out - I research all the games I plan on buying, reading reviews and such. I also download any demos/betas for them if available. If non are, I might wait for a price drop or I just wont buy it.

I 100% believe pirating is the same as stealing a game, album or software from a store shelf. I also believe that anyone who steals should have their fingers/hands chopped off depending on the price of the stolen item. (yes, I am being serious)

I see absolutely no reason why anyone would need to pirate anything. (If you have a valid copy but for some reason can't use the disk, I do not consider that piracy)

Comment

I buy my games, ones that are worth buying, i feel that most games being torrented ar Singel Player games, MP games such as TF2, L4D, CoH i would guess are least torrented maybe i am not sure.

As i said i bought all my games, but as for SP games i usually try to buy them if i like them (Mirrors Edge) if i dont i would check with my friends if the own it.

As for the article i dont know really, i liked the article but that will NOT stop Piracy, and yeah online key check is somewhat a good way as if you have a bad key you cant play.

Comment

I used to torrent as many games as I could get a hold of up until around a year and a half ago, I'm not entirely sure why I stopped. Possibly had something to do with Bioshock being such a masterpiece I felt that it deserved my money, I ended up buying on both PC and PS3.

I torrent films, though I have a fairly substantial DVD collection (like 70ish). I tend to download films that I wouldn't otherwise buy. If I do stumble upon a good film that I've downloaded, I tend not to buy it.

I torrent music 99% of the time. The reason for that is that music can be so hit and miss half of the stuff I download I don't really like, so why would I risk wasting my money? I'm tempted to buy the new album by The Enemy but I'm plagued by the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
            Possibly had something to do with Bioshock being such a masterpiece I felt that it deserved my money
            I felt this way with Fallout 3... Such an epic game, I'll buy Fallout 4 fo sho!

Comment

solution to piracy = implement multiplayer modes into all games....just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by TGL|FalseLion
                solution to piracy = implement multiplayer modes into all games....just a thought
                People still pirate the games with multiplayer modes, look at cod4, still one of the most pirated games. CSS was also an example when it was released first. People even play cod4 with pirated games on cracked servers.

Comment

Originally posted by TGL|FalseLion
                  And besides... look at games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Great singleplayer, average multiplayer, what do you think people bought it for?

Comment

One solution would be to have poor internet...
                    I cant really download anything via torrents, because ports are blocked and my internet is just very slow anyway. Otherwise I would probably be downloading all music/movies and just very old pc games for a laugh.

Movies alone can make most of their money out of cinemas and most good music artists are usually well off anyway... So I dont think pirating harms them at all.

As for games, I would be sketchy whether I would download them or not.
                    I think they are way too expensive... in Ireland new games cost around €70 in the nearest gameshop to me. I have only bought games that I nearly knew had to be good, e.g Mohaa(I bought it like 5 times cause I kept losing cd-key lols) or Company Of Heroes, because both are just amazing games and cheap enough to buy.

But for instance, Crysis(I think its cool and crap at same time), its really expensive, I completed it in like 3 hours and I tried online-play, only to find cheaters on all servers hovering all over the place.... which compares to mohaa that I played for like 1000+ hours and I still find it amazing(just my net thats holding me back from playing it atm cause of a constant 175+ ping)

But then I think of a game like Assassins Creed... its actually really awesome concept, just replayability is 0. Gets way too repetetive and makes me think I donated like €70 just for a demo... So I think its hard to say whether to torrent or not...

Comment

Working...
                    X