Head over to:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...in-diving.html

and have you oppinion count.

Re: Dolphin Diving Fix in 1.5 BF2 Patch voting

I voted 0.3

I enjoy dolphin diving, suits my noobish gameplay style

Comment

Why the hell would anyone want dolphin diving unless you use it as a crutch to compensate for other skills you don't have ? (Not you personally alex) but anyone in general.

Comment

If they want this poll to really count then they should have a pop-up in-game when you log in (like the tampa & PR ones) saying something like "Have your say on the prone delay!!" with a link.

amirite guise?

Comment

wonders what this looks like in the new patch

Comment

damn right, but my vote is don't ruin any kind of mobility for some idiot constantly exploiting an unfortunate game mechanic. I want to dive behind a wall for cover more than a diver makes me wanna rage :laugh:

Comment

I never saw the point. If you are not utilizing cover already, you deserve to get shot. The idea that players can flop around is comical and makes it feel like a total arcade game.

Comment

Why they don't just add in a deviation penalty when you go prone is beyond me. The other three PC BFs have it, but for BF2 they just added instant max accuracy upon proning. If people's deviation went through the roof upon hitting Z I guarantee you'd see less dolphin diving and more crouching (as of right now crouch is almost useless anyway), and the people who insist dolphin diving promotes fluid movement wouldn't (or shouldn't) have a problem with it because then they could leave in the .3 delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Juno[XX]
                  Why the hell would anyone want dolphin diving unless you use it as a crutch to compensate for other skills you don't have ? (Not you personally alex) but anyone in general.
                  I don't use it to compensate for skills I don't have, I use it to complement the skills I do

Comment

I agree, make a delay in prone accuracy.

Comment

I recently started reading that EA forum and I am pretty disappointed with all the whining going on there. Reduce this, reduce that - nade spam, claymore whores, dolphin diving and so on and on.

Learn to play smart and learn to play teamwork. Then these things will not affect you so much.

Comment

Yea, adapt to the environment, don't complain about it.

Comment

If your aim sucks you wont be able to kill a dolphin diver.

Comment

Problem that I have with dolphin diving is that players with slightly higher ping or network lag always lose those fights. Dolphin Diving gives you too much advantage over users that have higher ping then you.

Comment

I say take it out since I feel it's pretty cheap, but then that's how the game works.

I never saw the point. If you are not utilizing cover already, you deserve to get shot. The idea that players can flop around is comical and makes it feel like a total arcade game.
                              It's BF2, not ArmA. Take you realism arguments someplace else.

Comment

Working...
                              X