1.5 Beta Patch - *Feedback Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1.5 Beta Patch - *Feedback Thread*

I can't seem to stay on any 1.5 server for more than a minute. No matter which one I try, I suddenly find myself back at the server browser. Game freezes, then *SHAMWOW*, back at the server browser (which still sucks!).

WinXP32. I only show about a dozen servers running 1.5, and if I can even connect to it, I get booted within a minute. Makes me wonder what I have that prevents me from running it properly...

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
      *SHAMWOW*
      Isn't that the name of those miracle spounges they advertise on late night TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Chael
        Isn't that the name of those miracle spounges they advertise on late night TV?
        [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRISkyV_B8[/media]

Yeaaaaah.

Comment

I dont even buy paper towels anymore! :awes

Comment

So, after a few rounds playing patch 1.5 and OBP all I have to say is that the map is nice if you finally have a flag on the main land as US. The fog doesn't bother me, it's OK.
            Tampa with choppers makes being in a tank very, but very pointless...

Falcon? WTF?

And what, still not "vehicle only" option in the server browser?

Another thing that I noticed when playing Karkand on patch 1.5: they somehow managed to nerve the IQ of the players even more.....

I'm back to 1.41 again and will wait until the final patch comes out.
            It's to much waiting until I finally can join one of the 2 populated servers and then I get kicked randomly.

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso
              So, after a few rounds playing patch 1.5 and OBP all I have to say is that the map is nice if you finally have a flag on the main land as US. The fog doesn't bother me, it's OK.
              Tampa with choppers makes being in a tank very, but very pointless...
              They're neutralizing the first 3 front flags on Blue Pearl and reverting Tampa to the orgininal version with no attack choppers.

Falcon? WTF?
              It's a 3D controller thingy.

And what, still not "vehicle only" option in the server browser?

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible to include a Transport Vehicle Only mode (perhaps replacing the No Vehicle mode we have now)?

The No Vehicles mode that we have now negates many of the classes in certain ways. The engineer has no use for land mines anymore. Anti-tank soldiers don't really have anything to blow up -- And, well, for the rest of the classes, it takes an awful long time to simply GET anywhere.

I think if ONLY transport vehicles (such as transport helicopters, jeeps, buggys, etc. along with their turrets) were available in a map -- not only would it make game-play a little more exciting, it would reintroduce the importance of having different class soldiers in your squad in addition to saving us from alot of uneventful long walks.

Whaddya think?

Comment

Your points are valid, however it defeats the point of infantry only.

The reason why infantry only is popular is because all players are equal. Introducing cars would simply disrupt this balance, for a car is an extremely powerful weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by EdisLeado
                    I wonder if it would be possible to include a Transport Vehicle Only mode (perhaps replacing the No Vehicle mode we have now)?

The No Vehicles mode that we have now negates many of the classes in certain ways. The engineer has no use for land mines anymore. Anti-tank soldiers don't really have anything to blow up -- And, well, for the rest of the classes, it takes an awful long time to simply GET anywhere.

I think if ONLY transport vehicles (such as transport helicopters, jeeps, buggys, etc. along with their turrets) were available in a map -- not only would it make game-play a little more exciting, it would reintroduce the importance of having different class soldiers in your squad in addition to saving us from alot of uneventful long walks.

Whaddya think?
                    See that is why we have an obesity problem here. Everyone wants to be lazy and use transportation instead of walking.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
                      Your points are valid, however it defeats the point of infantry only.

The reason why infantry only is popular is because all players are equal. Introducing cars would simply disrupt this balance, for a car is an extremely powerful weapon.
                      I don't think anyone wants to remove IO as an option, just add a third option to the mix.

Comment

I'm looking for a fix to the FALCON settings issue, set for primary keys in jets / helis.

Have anyone got a solution for this? So annoying to re-add the controls for each game..

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                          See that is why we have an obesity problem here. Everyone wants to be lazy and use transportation instead of walking.
                          Too bad running around alot doesn't even increase your stamina bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
                            I'm looking for a fix to the FALCON settings issue, set for primary keys in jets / helis.

Have anyone got a solution for this? So annoying to re-add the controls for each game..
                            how about setting your controls up, tabbing out of the game and making your controls.con file attribute "read only". ?!
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

i also can't get into any servers.....oh and it just crashed my system......grrrr......

going back to 1.41 now!

Comment

im going to download it today. I really want to play the new map.

Comment

Working...
                                X