1.51 patch later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.51 patch later

Their $2500 super computers are overloading the server!

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
      I haven't played TRR's server for a long time but never noticed it crashing more than any other server. As Minmaster was saying, the larger the server, it seems the more often it crashes. Titan mode also seems to be more unstable than conquest and crashes more.
      Originally posted by cableguy619
      Umm Sure Field you need to do some more research on how servers and EA works. And none of the other servers crash ever? By the way are you not BANNED from TRR so when was it a crash fest for you?

I am not sure if alot fo you know but your server needs to talk to GameSpay and the master Servers so if their is a mishap in between the server will reset. I t has been known for a long time. Before they started patching servers used to run great.

You cannot play on any one server any more and expect it not to crash at some point in the day.
      the server instability is something introduced with 1.40 patch i believe. or whatever the patch that gave us highway tampa was. something happened with the patch that made servers reset a lot in the middle of a round.

that was further compounded with some losers who found a way to crash the server at will by doing certain things with a certain equipment (cough PDS cough). not sure how many different ways there are for a player to bring down the server, but it does happen. most server admins are aware of this issue and some outright ban if they catch someone doing this.

if these stability and security issues are not patched up with 1.51, they might as well declare the game dead and over with.

Comment

it wont be fixed. 1.51 will be the last patch for a while for 2142 just to get EA by until they launch BC2/ Heros/ and BF3.

So to your point yeah 1.51 will be the end of 2142 as it gets exploited.

Comment

yeah it's probably last patch but why do you say it won't be fixed? they did say those are things they want to address in the patch.

Comment

Well, why do they go from 1.1 to 1.2... to 1.5, and are now going from 1.50 to 1.51... does that mean its going to be a tiny patch only worth one tenth of what the other patches offered?

Comment

who knows, but maybe it will only have 1/10 of the problems other patches did then. :laugh:

Comment

It's called a patch to patch a patch that fixed the problems of the previous patch, but will intern create a whole new set of issues to patch :P

Comment

Originally posted by Abs0lute_Zero
                  Well, why do they go from 1.1 to 1.2... to 1.5, and are now going from 1.50 to 1.51... does that mean its going to be a tiny patch only worth one tenth of what the other patches offered?
                  i think we did have other patches between 1.2 and 1.5. 1.40 was the highway tampa patch for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    i think we did have other patches between 1.2 and 1.5. 1.40 was the highway tampa patch for one.
                    I know that, I just used ... to show there was stuff in between, because i didnt wanna type em all. What i mean is they are all to the tenth decimal place, but not 1.51

Comment

oh.. yeah it's a minor patch. won't add anything to the game, just fixes for stability and security loop holes.

Comment

I have a feeling it won't be 1.51 - that they'll give it a higher number.

Going from experience, version numbers incremenent on an internal level, within the devs. Whenever there's a new build, there's a new version number. To make an example, here, I've been working on a module that went from version 1.00 to 1.34 in two weeks.

There's also a nomenclature that might apply. Looks like they're using factors of 5 to represent production versions (and 5+1 for mini-fixes in the aftermath). So maybe they have 1.52 at the internal for instance, but they'll kick it up to 1.55 for the official release.

Comment

I am going to have to say much later as they haven't even came out with the BF2 1.5 patch yet. Maybe when BF3 comes out then they will release the 1.51 patch.

Comment

yea i doubt they even figured out the solutions anyways.

last night i logged on for the first time in a while. 3 out of my 5 games got server reset in the middle of the round making it a total waste of time invested.

makes me upset that they just leave the game in such terrible state.

how can a game be less stable now than when it was released?

Comment

Working...
                            X